Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Antorus Raid Talent Suggestions

    Anybody have a list of suggested talents for each boss in Antorus yet? I figure Lock One Stop Shop may be a bit before it gets updated with talents for the new raid so was wondering if anybody else had a list or anything?

    Only thing I could find was a youtube video from Yipz where he broke down fights into Single Target, Cleave or AoE.

    Single Target = MG
    Cleave = Writhe
    AoE = Seeds

    Maybe some more choice between contagion and absolute corruption depending on boss mechanics and whether you can cheese it again like with Host or something.

  2. #2
    I too watched the Yipz video and this was posted in the comments. So all credit goes to that guy for the format & Yipz for the content.
    The only change would be to use SL over SC when we get 4 set.

    Garothi: Single Target (3 - 1 - X - 3 - 2 - 1 - 3 )
    Felbounds: Cleave Fight (2 - 1 - x - 3 - 2 - 1 - 3)
    Antoran: Cleave Fight (2 - 1 - x - 3 - 2 - 1 - 3)
    Portal Keeper: Single Target (3 - 1 - X - 3 - 2 - 1 - 3 )
    Eonar: AoE Fight (2 - 2 - x - 3/1 - 2 - 1 - 3)
    Imonar: Single Target (3 - 1 - X - 3 - 2 - 1 - 3 )
    Kin'garoth: ST(add) (2/3 - 1 - X - 3 - 2 - 1 - 3 )
    Varimathras: Single Target (3 - 1 - X - 3 - 2 - 1 - 3 )
    The Coven of Shivarra: Cleave Fight (2 - 1 - x - 3 - 2 - 1 - 3)
    Aggramar: Cleave Fight/AoE (2 - 2 - x - 3 - 2 - 1 - 3)
    Argus: Cleave Fight (2 - 1 - x - 3 - 2 - 1 - 3)

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Tw33b View Post
    I too watched the Yipz video and this was posted in the comments. So all credit goes to that guy for the format & Yipz for the content.
    The only change would be to use SL over SC when we get 4 set.

    Garothi: Single Target (3 - 1 - X - 3 - 2 - 1 - 3 )
    Felbounds: Cleave Fight (2 - 1 - x - 3 - 2 - 1 - 3)
    Antoran: Cleave Fight (2 - 1 - x - 3 - 2 - 1 - 3)
    Portal Keeper: Single Target (3 - 1 - X - 3 - 2 - 1 - 3 )
    Eonar: AoE Fight (2 - 2 - x - 3/1 - 2 - 1 - 3)
    Imonar: Single Target (3 - 1 - X - 3 - 2 - 1 - 3 )
    Kin'garoth: ST(add) (2/3 - 1 - X - 3 - 2 - 1 - 3 )
    Varimathras: Single Target (3 - 1 - X - 3 - 2 - 1 - 3 )
    The Coven of Shivarra: Cleave Fight (2 - 1 - x - 3 - 2 - 1 - 3)
    Aggramar: Cleave Fight/AoE (2 - 2 - x - 3 - 2 - 1 - 3)
    Argus: Cleave Fight (2 - 1 - x - 3 - 2 - 1 - 3)
    Is AC with leggo Ring an Option for hounds? Like it was used in the DI fight in ToS?

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by Teech View Post
    Is AC with leggo Ring an Option for hounds? Like it was used in the DI fight in ToS?
    Imo, it is, and maybe it wil be the leggo to go after you have 4T bonus (and T20 4p is nerfed) since the multipliers will get even higher + you'll have to put syphon life also and it will replace corruption GCD (even tho you'll have less UA's).

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Teech View Post
    Is AC with leggo Ring an Option for hounds? Like it was used in the DI fight in ToS?

    Pretty sure that will be the best combo for hounds, exactly like it was for DI. At least it will be on heroic.

  6. #6
    So what legendaries are you upgrading first and what ones are you running on each boss. Just working out the best combos

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by Markuus View Post
    So what legendaries are you upgrading first and what ones are you running on each boss. Just working out the best combos
    I think netherlords/belt/helm will be the first 3 upgrades for most people. Depends on if 2pc t20 4pc t21 is BIS.

  8. #8
    Scarab Lord Zelk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Newcastle, UK
    Posts
    4,914
    Quote Originally Posted by asil View Post
    I think netherlords/belt/helm will be the first 3 upgrades for most people. Depends on if 2pc t20 4pc t21 is BIS.
    The ring has low stats so upgrading it isn't much use. The best to upgrade are helm> belt > prydaz. Remember the upgrade is only to stats, it doesn't alter the effect.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Tw33b View Post
    Felhounds: Cleave Fight (2 - 1 - x - 3 - 2 - 1 - 3)
    AC and SL are a consideration here imo, even without 4p T21. 100% sustained 2-target cleave is the best possible scenario for that talent combo. See e.g. heroic DI for that where most of the top logs were using it.

  10. #10
    I'm going prydaz, then helm as the helm because one of the strongest with 4 set then ring. The stats on the ring put it lower than others

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    The ring has low stats so upgrading it isn't much use. The best to upgrade are helm> belt > prydaz. Remember the upgrade is only to stats, it doesn't alter the effect.

    But the ring will be used on nearly every fight, so it's probably still worth upgrading. Nobody is going to take the ring/belt off for single target unless they have 4pc and even then I'm not sure how good 4pc/2pc t20 will be.

    So it isn't really worth upgrading a leg you aren't going to use first. I think it just depends on how fast you're able to get 4pc. But even then I suspect helm/ring will still be BIS on most fights. Especially if siphon life becomes the go to talent.

    I actually upgraded the ring first before raid, which was a mistake, because it's likely I'll get 4pc this week. I should have waited until after I saw tier drops. I could have just gone helm>ring.
    Last edited by asil; 2017-11-29 at 04:03 PM.

  12. #12
    Personally I'm going belt then prydaz, as they're the legendaries that I seem to use the most. Netherlord is of course used a lot as well, but as people have said it's not necessarily the best bang for the buck stat-wise when it comes to upgrading. Got 2pc T21 last night on Normal (helm/legs) so I'll be trying out 2pcT21/4pcT20 tonight which is another reason Helm isn't really on my short-list to upgrade in the first place.

    As far as talents go, I'm curious to see if SL really does make a come back. I'd like to be able to get away from picking SC by default, mainly cuz it feels bad to get a crap parse when you did everything else right but you got bad luck on SC procs.

  13. #13
    Preliminary ST sims in Antorus gear show Helm/Belt as best combination with 4pc 21 (using SL). My guess is that Helm is also BiS for MT (with the second leg depending on the fight), making it a good bet for upgrading. Then again - you'd need 4pc to make it really good, and you do get one upgrade per week. It's probably okay to upgrade Ring or Belt first, since those tend to be best with the ToS gear.

  14. #14
    Regarding legendaries, belt and ring will continue to be "BIS". The helm takes away a potential 2/2/2 or 2/4 tier setup. People underestimate how strong the ring really is it seems, especially when it comes to mythic and many of the fights in Antorus such as hounds/coven/agg/arg, etc.

    I recently came back and am using Harvester and the new quest leggo ring though, so I hate all of you that have the options :P

  15. #15
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Lowlands
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by Ichology View Post
    Regarding legendaries, belt and ring will continue to be "BIS". The helm takes away a potential 2/2/2 or 2/4 tier setup. People underestimate how strong the ring really is it seems, especially when it comes to mythic and many of the fights in Antorus such as hounds/coven/agg/arg, etc.

    I recently came back and am using Harvester and the new quest leggo ring though, so I hate all of you that have the options :P
    Tbh, the chest is also really good, maybe not the best, but really good still.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinuvial View Post
    Tbh, the chest is also really good, maybe not the best, but really good still.
    A lot of the Affliction legendaries are quite alright, but why settle for "not the best" when you could go with... the best >_>

  17. #17
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Location
    Lowlands
    Posts
    426
    Quote Originally Posted by Biomega View Post
    A lot of the Affliction legendaries are quite alright, but why settle for "not the best" when you could go with... the best >_>
    Well, for some people "the best" seems to be the chest as blizzard decided they are not worthy of the other lego's yet.... Besides, it is a really good lego compared to all the options.

    Personaly I hope old tier sets is not a thing (probably is).

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinuvial View Post
    Well, for some people "the best" seems to be the chest as blizzard decided they are not worthy of the other lego's yet...
    Well, no. It's not the best - even though it may be the best AVAILABLE. And in that case, there's little debate. You use what you can, no use talking about what's best when you're not playing with a full deck. All theorycrafting doesn't help you when you don't have it.

    I agree that it's not a fun place to be in. The legendary system has been one of the biggest turn-offs for me in the history of the game (being the alt lover that I am... or used to be), but there's little use in complaining. It is what it is, it's bad, and it's going away. The end.

  19. #19
    To everyone who is complaining about not getting lucky on legies: Just do a raid worldtour every week EN/nh/tos normal+heroic and do your weekly/daily chest. You will get one legy a week; if you are unlucky one in two weeks.
    I'm a shark fighter, I fight sharks
    I fight 'em in the water, 'cuz that's where they are!

    My Warlock on Blackmoore - EU

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Dizzy2k View Post
    To everyone who is complaining about not getting lucky on legies: Just do a raid worldtour every week EN/nh/tos normal+heroic and do your weekly/daily chest. You will get one legy a week; if you are unlucky one in two weeks.
    If you're unlucky - spent 1 hour/day running around Argus killing rares.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •