Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    Not trying to troll ... I think you're an intelligent poster and this is an honest question. When, as an affl lock, would you use Prydaz? Personally I've never equipped mine since I feel like I only die for 2 reasons:

a) I make some mistake and or get back luck where a combination of things or one huge thing happens for WTF damage that a Prydaz wouldn't save me from anyway; or

b) pretty much everyone else is dead and I find myself tanking the boss

There are such juicy legendaries for affliction to use on every encounter type, I would have a hard time sacrificing that output for a little survivability that I feel is unlikely to be relevant. But maybe I'm not accounting for something.
    Prydaz has overbudgeted stats for its item level, so at 1000 it gives a huge amount. Beyond that the shield is useful on any fight on mythic which has a high healing requirement. It's also worth considering prydaz because unlike helm it isn't in a tier slot, sp you can use 4p+2p with it. Prydaz is also a good legendary for aoe fights like Eonar because it gives raw stats which are always really good for aoe. Compare that to helm or belt which is pretty useless in aoe. Yes there are better options for aoe but Prydaz is a better all rounder than chest for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Prydaz has overbudgeted stats for its item level, so at 1000 it gives a huge amount. Beyond that the shield is useful on any fight on mythic which has a high healing requirement. It's also worth considering prydaz because unlike helm it isn't in a tier slot, sp you can use 4p+2p with it. Prydaz is also a good legendary for aoe fights like Eonar because it gives raw stats which are always really good for aoe. Compare that to helm or belt which is pretty useless in aoe. Yes there are better options for aoe but Prydaz is a better all rounder than chest for instance.
    Yeah I use netherlord and sarc for AoE. And even for ST I've mostly (but not always) gone to netherlord and belt ... partially because of the set item slot for helm. Thx for the response, I'll think about it more. Of course I haven't seen M Ant yet.

Prydaz is a very real option during progression, as it's usually more important to survive longer rather than do more damage. Once you get used to the fight and its mechanics, you can start thinking about transitioning to more throughput instead. Locks tend to be very resilient from the get-go, so you can afford to shift into more offensive gear more easily than other classes.

Outside of defense, though, even with its overbudgeted stats, it's likely that other legendaries will offer more damage. Even on Eonar, most of the other good legendaries are probably more damage even though they're not spectacular (aside from Sarc, which is a no-brainer of course). It may very well be quite beneficial to use Prydaz there considering it has a lot more going on on Mythic, but I expect the top logs to be using something else in the end.

a) I make some mistake and or get back luck where a combination of things or one huge thing happens for WTF damage that a Prydaz wouldn't save me from anyway
    I don't wear my Prydaz to save me from deaths. If I die, it's usually because a wipe was called or I got tunnel vision and didn't avoid a 100% lethal mechanic. I wear it so that I can stand in the fire and not be scolded by our healers. Once you learn what you can shrug off without your health bar budging Prydaz gives you more casting uptime, which means more DPS. It's like a mobility power only better because you also get the huge stat budget.

For example, doing Kin'garoth last night. During the Deployment phase he's tossing out explosive green swirls that most of the raid has to dance around while trying to damage the adds. Not me. I just stand there and burn, because Prydaz + Demon Skin means IDGAF about damage that low.

Quote Originally Posted by Kirroth View Post
    I don't wear my Prydaz to save me from deaths. If I die, it's usually because a wipe was called or I got tunnel vision and didn't avoid a 100% lethal mechanic. I wear it so that I can stand in the fire and not be scolded by our healers. Once you learn what you can shrug off without your health bar budging Prydaz gives you more casting uptime, which means more DPS. It's like a mobility power only better because you also get the huge stat budget.

For example, doing Kin'garoth last night. During the Deployment phase he's tossing out explosive green swirls that most of the raid has to dance around while trying to damage the adds. Not me. I just stand there and burn, because Prydaz + Demon Skin means IDGAF about damage that low.
    I don't know dude, that sounds lazy TBH. If you know the fights, plan ahead and pay attention you lose little dps as affl because the casts are short. What you're doing is never really investing in learning the fights and you'll never have as high a ceiling as if you used burning rush + better output legendaries with solid movement strategies. Maybe I'm wrong and you're an awesome player that is pulling off amazing parses with your approach, but I'm pretty positive I would lose dps doing what you're doing. And I wouldn't want to waste burning rush.

Anyone using SL for felhounds?

I don't know dude, that sounds lazy TBH. If you know the fights, plan ahead and pay attention you lose little dps as affl because the casts are short. What you're doing is never really investing in learning the fights and you'll never have as high a ceiling as if you used burning rush + better output legendaries with solid movement strategies. Maybe I'm wrong and you're an awesome player that is pulling off amazing parses with your approach, but I'm pretty positive I would lose dps doing what you're doing. And I wouldn't want to waste burning rush.
    There's nothing lazy about it. You need to know how hard every mechanic hits so you can know what's safe to stand in and what's still going to kill you unless you avoid it. Is it a lower skill ceiling that anticipating mechanics and planning three casts ahead so movement doesn't disrupt your rotation? Maybe. I'm not conceding that point yet. But even if it is, not everyone can pull that off.

When I was a fresh young raider with sharp reflexes and no responsibilities, I loved that high skill ceiling shit. Then a decade passed and I got promoted to raid leader somewhere in there, and now I post better numbers with more forgiving builds that allow a few mistakes and free up the attention that raid leading demands. Not everyone has the skills or reflexes of a mythic raider. Being able to survive the fire is a perfectly valid tactic for those people.

Deleted
    I'm kinda always in top 5 dmg taken because movement is a dps loss, no matter how small. Granted AFF with WiA build gets plenty of movement options but I have a reputation to keep up and stand in stuff .

Quote Originally Posted by Tinuvial View Post
    I'm kinda always in top 5 dmg taken because movement is a dps loss, no matter how small. Granted AFF with WiA build gets plenty of movement options but I have a reputation to keep up and stand in stuff .
    Is that not literally the #1 reason we all rolled Warlock in the first place.

People complaining about their leggo luck, just know it could be worse. My aff now has all in/out of specs aside from Helm/ring/belt/prydaz, just procced Pillars of the Dark Portal in a 16 DHT last night . 962 using a combo of chest/sacro/quest ring and streten's most of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Ichology View Post
    People complaining about their leggo luck, just know it could be worse. My aff now has all in/out of specs aside from Helm/ring/belt/prydaz, just procced Pillars of the Dark Portal in a 16 DHT last night . 962 using a combo of chest/sacro/quest ring and streten's most of the time.
    Same here, but additionally, I have Norganon's too

The RNG always finds a way to spite you. I've got the complete legendary set and got my first off-class box this week. Is it the class of any of my max level alts? No. Alts still sitting at 100? Nope. Alts mothballed somewhere between 60 and 90? Not even that. It's Warrior, the one class I don't have an alt of at any level.

Quote Originally Posted by nToxik View Post
    A rogue in my guild got 2 legendaries within 1 hour of each other.
    Three people in my guild have had this happen, only one was on their main.

A Shaman alt got two in 20 minutes.
    My Rogue alt got two in 30 minutes.
    A Druid main got two in 15 minutes.

I am down to only needing the power cord for Affliction and I have all my Warlock legendaries. I have never played Affliction and would like to try it out. I have my weapon almost to 74 and plenty of other gear. I have been watching videos and reading forums, just feel I will be really bad at it. For some reason I am just not getting these tree things:

When and how to UA. I believe I am to cast normal dots, one or two UA, reap and then drain?
    When to fully reap and how many stacks.
    How to fully AoE. I believe this is spam seed of corruption when having sow the seeds.

I could use Hood and Netherlord ring but I still need my T21 four piece.

Quote Originally Posted by Amonthar View Post
    When and how to UA. I believe I am to cast normal dots, one or two UA, reap and then drain?
    When to fully reap and how many stacks.
    How to fully AoE. I believe this is spam seed of corruption when having sow the seeds.
    First of, I strongly suggest you check out the guides at Lock One-Stop Shop. Forget videos, READ.

UA comes in cycles, after you refresh maintenance DoTs in pandemic range. Put simply, you refresh DoTs, cast UAx2, Reap, and then Drain until the DoTs are back to pandemic. Rinse, repeat. For more info, check LOSS.

For AoE, it depends on what mobs you face, i.e. how many and how long they'll live. Generally speaking, throw around Agonies, then fill depending on talents - if Sow the Seeds is talented, fill with Seed on 3+ mobs and UA on less; if Sow the Seeds is not talented, fill with Seed on 5+ mobs and UA on less.

But really, just read up on LOSS.