Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    Because poisons working for 4 seconds and not for 1st application, built-in 5 range gap closer (with 12 range being vision range and with 5 range movement speed of stealthed Valeera) on all openers, increased talented blind duration, armour reduction, and various other buffs she've got. Yeah, complete and utter trash, because she was used only to run around in plain sight undetected by bad players. Not because of her burst, utility and lockdown options.
    Yes, she is complete trash. Armor reduction is great...assuming her team actually responds to her target, gl with that in non-organized play. Gap closing is awesome...if she could do anything noteworthy when she got there. Thing is, she can't. On her own she is no threat and can basically be ignored. Likewise, she has to be stealthed to make use of that stuff, same as always. Except, now, with stealth being a giant easily visible sign even in hectic battles, it's a lot easier to bring her out of it/avoid it.

Her "buffs" are basically at the cost of her damage(and stealth), which means, at best, you're giving up a totally viable damage dealer for a utility hero that MIGHT help your team do something, but likely won't.

Deleted
    Well it seems the qm stealther fun is soon over.

I recently started playing the game (2 weeks ago) and was having fun playing as and against stealth chars. They were not hard to spot, they were not "invisible" as the stealth in WoW. I played some matches as Nova and thought she was incredibly fun. After this patch I don't see any reason to pick stealth chars. Last night I couldn't stop laughing when matched against "stealth". Its so freaking easy to deal with them now.
    English is not my main language so grammar errors might happen.

I've heard that nearly all are much more viable to play in the higher leagues, I'm personally excited to try the the new hemorrhage build on Valeera tonight.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Most streamers I've heard say that stealthers are more viable now. And that seems to be the consensus over on reddit as well.

My bet is that you were facing stealthers with shitty positioning. The previous stealth covered for their mistakes and now they are getting punished for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post
    I've heard that nearly all are much more viable to play in the higher leagues, I'm personally excited to try the the new hemorrhage build on Valeera tonight.
    Yeah, Hemo just got buffed from PTR to live too. Interesting how they nerfed Ambush damage but buffed the damage output with Garotte.

10+ Year Old Account
    Valeera is broken, so much fun.

It is bad she still has the reputation of a troll pick. Silence followed up by reduced damage and healing output is crazy.

Valeera is nuts, so broken.
    I am the lucid dream

If newer players are put off playing Nova because of the stealth change, I count that as a good thing. Nova is a major noob trap.

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    it's stealth. the point of stealth is to be a sneaky bitch.

i don't understand why they would make stealth more visible. it defeats the whole purpose.
    Trouble is the experience varies wildly depending on the enemy team. If they have people who are good at spotting stealth, your entire stealth strategy is ruined and they'll pop you every time.

Providing they are on characters that actually have non-targeted attacks. Man it drives me nuts when I can plainly see a Nova but I have no abilities that can pop her, and my team are all potatoes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Funny how the hero everyone predicted was going to be the best turned out the worst (Zera). He's also the hardest, so I guess he needs more of an adjustement period. Nova and Valeera certainly seem to be killing it, by "it" I mean everyone. Samura is pretty rare but he might be a lot better now aswell, though he's generally harder to play now and his role kinda changed (I don't think he's a merc god anymore).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    Funny how the hero everyone predicted was going to be the best turned out the worst (Zera). He's also the hardest, so I guess he needs more of an adjustement period. Nova and Valeera certainly seem to be killing it, by "it" I mean everyone. Samura is pretty rare but he might be a lot better now aswell, though he's generally harder to play now and his role kinda changed (I don't think he's a merc god anymore).
    as far as stealth heroes go i only played 2 games as Samuro post-patch but didn't have trouble doing camps, it felt similar to what was before in that aspect

This thread is honestly really funny in retrospect. 3 pages of "the world is over" and very suddenly "Valeera is so strong now". Her buffs made me go from killing squishies in no time, to killing squishies in no time and also their tanks. Just have to be smarter about approaching groups now.

Im more in a panic dealing with stealthies now as alex and thats a good thing.
    Last edited by Tenjen; 2017-12-14 at 03:29 PM.

Deleted
    The first post patch win rates are out. Nova is bonkers, Samuro and Valeera look okay, Zeratul below 39%:

https://heroeshearth.com/b/critickit...8-hours-later/

As a somewhat regular Samuro player in Gold, he is weaker on my level as his two main jobs, doing merc camps and deleting squishies, got nerfed. Valeera with the silence build feels so nasty to out of position mages, but here I don't really know what I'm doing. The stream hype around her seems overblown. Haven't played the others yet, but got killed very quickly by a Nova waiting in stealth as I tried to use my nuke on warhead junction.

Curious to see what good players will be able to pull off.

#1 Player Killer Hero is back, boys!

10+ Year Old Account
    Better remove Valeera now from game, and replace her with Garona.

I feel like Valeera is gonna get shafted for QM again. Any complaints about her so far are getting silenced with the usual "draft" circle jerk. Yet we all know QM is still vastly popular. She just feel too good when there's no healer in the game, even not having a tank is brutal. Guess we'll have to enjoy it while it lasts.

Quote Originally Posted by Laciaty View Post
    as far as stealth heroes go i only played 2 games as Samuro post-patch but didn't have trouble doing camps, it felt similar to what was before in that aspect
    Cool, what build did you go, Burning Blade at 7 I assume?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    Cool, what build did you go, Burning Blade at 7 I assume?
    yeah /10char

100% participation for Valeera in my games already lol
    I am the lucid dream

1. Pick Nova.
    2. Nobody rages about it in HL.
    3. Notice you decoy deal dmg from the get go.
    4. Infuriate enemy team with constant spam of decoy, dismount them and waste their skills.
    5. ...
    6. Profit!