Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    This is definitely too much "Business Decision" and not enough Quality content to me. The fact that non Allied races still don't have many options compared to almost any game on the market whether it's MMO or not.

The character creation customization is shit. It just got shittier.

I'm happy to have reasons to level more characters but I hate the (not so?) obvious cash grab involved.

More options for existing races would've been cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's like if blizzard gave people gold bars, they'd complain cos they'd have to buy a wheel barrow to carry them, even though you could still carry them one by one (it'd just take a little longer).
    Last edited by Marmot; 2017-11-28 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    People might have 100hrs into their Draenei or Tauren main.
    100 hours? I've got over a year /played time on my warrior main, had it since Vanilla... And I've race changed it many times. It was originally a dwarf, but it's also been a human, draenei, NE, Pandaren, Worgen, and now it's a Blood Elf.... But there's a good chance that I'll level a new warrior main as a subrace. One, because I'm excited for old leveling zones to be relevant for a much longer time while leveling, and two, because I want the racial armor sets. Sure, they could offer some free race changes with the xpac, but obviously they won't because the point of WoW is to make money. I think race changes could certainly be cheaper, but I don't fault Blizzard for doing it the way they're doing it. What I don't understand is why people get so upset over them wanting to make money. Like I said, it's kind of the point. It's not "greed," it's good business, and ultimately people vote with their wallets. I think they've struck a good compromise by offering to let you pay to race change, or letting you level a new sub-race with the added incentive of getting the racial armor sets. If Blizzard or any other gaming company ever did something that I felt was just totally egregious, then I would simply stop paying and stop playing (though that's somewhat less applicable with the game tokens, no need to pay to play now.) But you get the point.
    Last edited by zknm7; 2017-11-28 at 03:10 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Lol 100 hours into their main? I'm....9435 into mine.

Check out the directors cut of my project SCHISM, a festival winning short film
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiHNTS-vyHE

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Retarded analogy.

Highmountain Tauren are normal ass Tauren with war paint and antlers.

Dark Iron Dwarves are normal ass Dwarves with black skin and red eyes/hair.

Void Elves are Blood Elves with void eyes and pale skin.

Lightforged Dranei are gold rimmed hooves/tattoos and new horns/eyes.

4/6 of the races are barbershop customization. Our current knowledge of them is that they are ALL re-using skeletons + animations.
    Zandalari and Nightborne use Night Elf skeletons and animations too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    "we want sub races"

Here you go sub races

"omfg blizzard such a cash grabbing whores forcing to race ranche for money !!!11!1"
    Ofc, when you see two messages in the internet they must be from the same person.

I agree that making more races instead of customization is fucking annoying. Cant imagine how someone who only plays one char that is a troll is feeling.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    You do realize those are two completely different voices right?
    Not always.
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    "we want sub races"

Here you go sub races

"omfg blizzard such a cash grabbing whores forcing to race ranche for money !!!11!1"
    this is not how people ask for sub races, thing is, the mob are fool, blizzard takes advantage

people ask for "subraces" to com e as more customization:

"hey blizzard we want the highmountain on the horde as subrace, this mean we want to change ou taurens like that, same with other things, like the dark iron dwarf"

But what they did? they ruined the idea ,bring then to be just new races so you level or pay up, it is greedy even for blizzard standards, now every time you want some new customization in the model, like skin and tattoos, you need to wait to then "Create" a "new" race .

Its not like we are leveling or paying up to change for something new, like , worgens or blood elves we are just paying/leveling for some customization as a entirely different character, when you could just pay to change your own character

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Boo hoo? Don't play an allied race then. If they were just made barbershop changes the way they are introduced would make zero sense lore wise. The fact they also can't be every class means customization would be class specific not character. Since not every person playing a Draenei would be able to change to a lightforged.
    Last edited by Super Kami Dende; 2017-11-28 at 05:00 AM.

Herald of the Titans Putin-Chan's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I'm fine with allied races being separate races because it would make no sense for a barber to be able to suddenly change a character's heritage. I can stretch my suspension of disbelief to "because magic" for skin color and faces, but there's so much more than horn shape that separates a highmountain tauren from a thunder bluff tauren. Also, we're getting new voices and racials for all allied races. If you could go to the barber shop and magically change your racial abilities it would wreak havoc on balance.

I do think that a race change from draenei to lightforged/ bronzebeard dwarf to dark iron/ tauren to higmountain (etc...) should be equal price to an appearance change though.
    Last edited by Putin-Chan; 2017-11-28 at 05:03 AM.
    You could have the world in the palm of your hands
    You still might drop it

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Retarded analogy.

Highmountain Tauren are normal ass Tauren with war paint and antlers.

Dark Iron Dwarves are normal ass Dwarves with grey skin and red eyes/hair.

Void Elves are Blood Elves with void eyes and pale skin.

Lightforged Dranei are gold rimmed hooves/tattoos and new horns/eyes.

4/6 of the races are barbershop customization. Our current knowledge of them is that they are ALL re-using skeletons + animations.
    I’d much rather they be there own races then Barbershop crap so they can fit into the lore better then just geting a goblin to change you in comptly every way.

Deleted
    Will being able to play as a Zandalari be cool? Yes.

Why the fuck is it a separate race though? Because they are greedy little fucks.

You have your max level Lightforged Draenei you hopefully leveled up and didn't pay $25 for a race change for... so what distinguishes you from a regular Draenei? You have different negligible racials. K. You have heritage armor. But does that mean for anyone to ever know you're a Lightforged Draenei you have to use your heritage armor always?

Sounds like shit to me.

Why not:
    • Offer these heritage sets and restrict them to the "main" race after you do the lore questline?
    • Simply add extra cosmetic options to the character select screen for each race?
    • And hey, this is REALLY out there, but maybe since players paid $70 for the expansion you can throw in a free race change or two?

How do you completely fuck up a most-wanted feature like subraces like this? People might have 100hrs into their Draenei or Tauren main. Is it acceptable to ask them to pay $25 for some tattoos and just some extra cosmetic options, that, let's be frank, should've been in the game for years.
    I smell salt.

Lightforged draenei and highmountain tauren are very small cosmetic changes. There is almost nothing unique about their race.

That's not the argument being made though is it?

The original concept people wanted for sub races was being able to change at the Babershop.

Things like:

Skin colour, tattoos, horns, eyes etc etc.

The Nightborne and Zandalari are really the only unique models we are getting. Even then those two are a stretch.

If you take their Heritage Armor off the Void Elves, Dark Iron Dwarves, Highmountain Tauren and Lightforged Dranei are all EXACTLY the same model as their counterpart race.

The only difference is Horns, Tattoos, Hair, Skin Colour etc etc. It's literally barbershop customization.

Are we going to get pre-corruption Orcs at some point as an Allied Race? Literally all they are is a skin colour. Brown.

They're obviously going down this route. So they could at least throw in a character boost and a free race change.
    i think we would see Mag har orcs sooner as an allied race than an customize option, why? Cause mag har mages and warlocks make no sense, since they have never practiced arcane or fel and i didnt know barber could deskin you and apply a new skin to your body, i mean thats a surgical milestone going on here for a simple barber that cuts hair/horns/beards

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    having this shit as cosmetic things would be the worst thing ever.

it needs to have a lore introduction.

my god, it never ceases to amaze me how shallow people want the game to be, jesus christ.
    Not only this but apparently all the people complaining did not actually watch Blizzcon coverage about this. They are called ALLIED RACES because you quest to bring them into your faction, and they are NOT SUB RACES. The fact that these first few additions are more familiar to us has nothing to do with that, y'all mixing people's speculation beforehand with actual facts. They can and will add whatever races they want with this system.
    Last edited by Shakou; 2017-11-28 at 10:39 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Will being able to play as a Zandalari be cool? Yes.

Why the fuck is it a separate race though? Because they are greedy little fucks.

You have your max level Lightforged Draenei you hopefully leveled up and didn't pay $25 for a race change for... so what distinguishes you from a regular Draenei? You have different negligible racials. K. You have heritage armor. But does that mean for anyone to ever know you're a Lightforged Draenei you have to use your heritage armor always?

Sounds like shit to me.

Why not:
    • Offer these heritage sets and restrict them to the "main" race after you do the lore questline?
    • Simply add extra cosmetic options to the character select screen for each race?
    • And hey, this is REALLY out there, but maybe since players paid $70 for the expansion you can throw in a free race change or two?

How do you completely fuck up a most-wanted feature like subraces like this? People might have 100hrs into their Draenei or Tauren main. Is it acceptable to ask them to pay $25 for some tattoos and just some extra cosmetic options, that, let's be frank, should've been in the game for years.
    Lightforged Draenei has a different skin as well. And you don't have to purchase a boost, chill out. Nothing is forced. As well, the heritage armor is a reward for people ACTUALLY playing the character. And no, they shouldn't throw a free race change, you're already getting another confirmed free boost AS WELL AS 6 damn character slots more.

Finally we have more selection on the side of our race and class, and it is good to see seperate smaller 'races' to appear and join the fight.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Is it even going to be hard to level? You skip 1-15 as you start at 20 and you can jump straight into dungeons once you've done the introductory questline no doubt. Dungeons hyperefficient for lazy people.

I would have liked level flattening, or some other kind of leveling content revamp that have been batted around, but eh who cares.

Also you can spend a pittance of ingame gold to get the racechange token and you get an insta-110 token by default for purchasing WfA, it's not like you were using it for anything else.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    Not only this but apparently all the people complaining did not actually watch Blizzcon coverage about this. They are called ALLIED RACES because they are NOT SUB RACES. The fact that these first few additions are more familiar to us has nothing to do with that, y'all mixing speculation beforehand with actual facts. They can and will add whatever races they want with this system.
    I hope most Allied Races are subraces, and they don't use this feature to skimp on future races.

They are effectively replacing one or two starting zones for each of these races with a short quest you'll do once with your main and forget about.

That's fine for "boring" races such as Dark Iron or Highmountain, races that could have been added as mere customization, but Nightfallen, and especially Void Elves are going to be introduced without context.

Imagine if ethereals or some other highly demanded race was to be implemented in such a meaningless way.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2017-11-28 at 11:12 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    Lightforged Draenei have golden eyes (instead of silvery blue), golden tattoos, different horns, different hairstyles, and I think their hooves glow as well.
    they also have different skin color, they are grayish/white, while the normal draenei are blue.

Formerly known as Arafal

I don't understand what the big deal is. My plan is to level a second paladin, have fun with the planned BfA leveling changes, earn the armor, then race change my main. It's only $25. Why cry over something most successful people earn in an hour or less?
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)
    this thread is a waste of internet