Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Quote Originally Posted by CalasEU View Post
    That cinematic was ok, but it felt a bit underwhelming and hollow. Sargeras' dialogue was basically "aaaaaaah. oooooooh." - as if he was some sort of Ogre. This is the guy we have been fighting since 1994, the main big bad (until recently) of the entire universe. No epic showdown between the Titans and the Dark Titan Sargeras, just them firing a rainbow beam and dragging him in. Why not show us more of the titans? More of Sargeras full-body? Give him a booming, epic, clear and menacing voice with a few cool lines? Why not show us a bit more of them and Illidan imprisoning him?

    For the conclusion cinematic to the main villain since day 1, this felt nowhere near as climactic and epic as it should have been. This does not do the Burning Legion nor Sargeras justice at all.
    Agree, the reason warcraft as a game exists in the first Place is because of him influencing medivh into opening the first dark portal.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    Illidan wouldn't stand a chance in a 1v1 against Sargeras. Sargeras would tear his limbs apart like an insect.
    Although I agree that Sargeras is too powerful in his normal form, he looks like he's been weakened by the Pantheon in that scene. At least it looks like that, I see no reason why Illidan would grab his glaives tighter and say "at last" if he didn't have any chances with him or didn't want to fight. For sure he just jumped into that portal/fog and went 1v1 with him.

    Though I could be wrong and there's no real reason why Illidan would stay there... (othar than - Enough with Illidan in WoW! Give him an proper ending!)

    Quote Originally Posted by CalasEU View Post
    That cinematic was ok, but it felt a bit underwhelming and hollow. Sargeras' dialogue was basically "aaaaaaah. oooooooh." - as if he was some sort of Ogre. This is the guy we have been fighting since 1994, the main big bad (until recently) of the entire universe. No epic showdown between the Titans and the Dark Titan Sargeras, just them firing a rainbow beam and dragging him in. Why not show us more of the titans? More of Sargeras full-body? Give him a booming, epic, clear and menacing voice with a few cool lines? Why not show us a bit more of them and Illidan imprisoning him?

    For the conclusion cinematic to the main villain since day 1, this felt nowhere near as climactic and epic as it should have been. This does not do the Burning Legion nor Sargeras justice at all.
    I kinda agree, but I think that I expected too much.

  3. #43
    The Insane Rorcanna's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    7.3.5, enjoying World of Warcraft to the fullest!
    Posts
    17,987
    Cue the incessant whining about how this is "the lamest end boss cinematic of all time!!"... Funny how that always seems to apply to the very latest one. :>

  4. #44
    what can you expect from a blizzard cinematic these days besides a short collection of cool-looking but empty tropes

    he had time to aim he should have gone for orgrimmar. at least then his whole demon invasion would have accomplished something.

  5. #45
    Seems none of them dropped the leg trinket, still no clue how it drops.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Sails View Post
    So the sword stays in the planet but The Wound been shown on ptr maps without the sword. Wonder what happens to it....?

    Edit: yes ptr isn't finished so the blade might actually carry on being in Azeoth come bfa
    this was probably the reason why all of kalimdor was disabled at some point. in earlier posts someone also noticed that an object was missing from the location which was probably the sword.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    what can you expect from a blizzard cinematic these days besides a short collection of cool-looking but empty tropes

    he had time to aim he should have gone for orgrimmar. at least then his whole demon invasion would have accomplished something.
    Yes because besides destroying all life Sargeras is also known for being interested in cartography and should know the exact location of the Horde capital.

  8. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Although I agree that Sargeras is too powerful in his normal form, he looks like he's been weakened by the Pantheon in that scene. At least it looks like that, I see no reason why Illidan would grab his glaives tighter and say "at last" if he didn't have any chances with him or didn't want to fight. For sure he just jumped into that portal/fog and went 1v1 with him.

    Though I could be wrong and there's no real reason why Illidan would stay there... (othar than - Enough with Illidan in WoW! Give him an proper ending!)



    I kinda agree, but I think that I expected too much.
    Even a weakened titan would annihilate Illidan. Not too mention the only reason Sargeras is imprisoned is because they used the last of Argus' power to jail him, Illidan is a guard, but he is not the jailer.
    Quote Originally Posted by EUPLEB View Post
    Patch next 24-25/09 -> Antorus either the week after Blizzcon, or the week of the 28-29/11.
    :thinking:

  9. #49
    Stood in the Fire Caribald's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    399
    imma log out in silithus on eu with aspect of the turtle and deflect that sumbitch

  10. #50
    Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Cue the incessant whining about how this is "the lamest end boss cinematic of all time!!"... Funny how that always seems to apply to the very latest one. :>
    i wouldnt say many of them have been very good tbh

    "there must always be a lich king" was a cop out.

    the cataclysm one was ruined by focusing on thrall's baby

    pandaria was actually ok it was neat how they had one for alliance and one for horde

    and then in draenor we have "draenor is free". i think we were all just glad to be done with it and i say we including we the players, blizzard the developers, and the npcs themselves who were forced to exist in warlords of draenor

    at least for this legion ending they showed uncommon restraint by not having illidan say "he is not prepared..." at the end. good job blizzard. please give yourselves a round of applause

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    Yes because besides destroying all life Sargeras is also known for being interested in cartography and should know the exact location of the Horde capital.
    he has eyes my dude you can see them in the cutscene. he could use them to see and process that visual information to pick a good place to stab his gigantic million foot long sword

  11. #51
    Scarab Lord jackofwind's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    4,901
    Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    he has eyes my dude you can see them in the cutscene. he could use them to see and process that visual information to pick a good place to stab his gigantic million foot long sword
    Hard to do when you're caught in a super powered rainbow tractor beam.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

  12. #52
    Stood in the Fire Akta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Milano, Italy
    Posts
    450
    Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    what can you expect from a blizzard cinematic these days besides a short collection of cool-looking but empty tropes

    he had time to aim he should have gone for orgrimmar. at least then his whole demon invasion would have accomplished something.
    lol he's not interested in destryoing the horde he attempted to destroy the whole planet but the phanteon trapped him before it was too late
    ...Le Poète est semblable au prince des nuées
    Qui hante la tempête e se rit de l'archer;
    Exilé sul le sol au milieu des huées,
    Ses ailes de géant l'empêchent de marcher.

    Charles Baudelaire

  13. #53
    Quote Originally Posted by jackofwind View Post
    Hard to do when you're caught in a super powered rainbow tractor beam.
    it really isnt. he has all the time in the world to stab that sword go back and watch again. it isnt pulling him away very fast. i could easily have wiped out a city or at least a town in his place.

  14. #54
    Antrous? Same typo 3 times, i bet someone has used copy/pasta! :P

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    he has eyes my dude you can see them in the cutscene. he could use them to see and process that visual information to pick a good place to stab his gigantic million foot long sword
    You're just looking for something to bitch about "my dude".. He didn't have time to pick a juicy target... or did he? Considering Silithus is not just any zone.

    You fail to take his size and speed in to consideration. It looks slow but try scaling it down.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    You're just looking for something to bitch about "my dude".. He didn't have time to pick a juicy target... or did he? Considering Silithus is not just any zone.

    You fail to take his size and speed in to consideration. It looks slow but try scaling it down.
    no, he's the demon lord of all creation, you are underestimating him. if he was that badly off he couldn't have made a clean hit anywhere. im afraid you have been beaten on this one.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    no, he's the demon lord of all creation, you are underestimating him. if he was that badly off he couldn't have made a clean hit anywhere. im afraid you have been beaten on this one.
    Yeah.. whatever floats your boat man.

  18. #58
    Can someone explain to me what was Sargeras doing around Azeroth in the first place? How did he get there? Was he always there?

  19. #59
    Immortal Saverem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Old New New York
    Posts
    7,726
    Sargy is a big boy.

  20. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Tread View Post
    Can someone explain to me what was Sargeras doing around Azeroth in the first place? How did he get there? Was he always there?
    my guess is he shows up during the raid.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •