7+ Year Old Account

Question Forum Traffic vs Poster Freedom?

It seems obvious to me the more freedom posters have on an internet forum site, the more web traffic that site is going to get and vice versa. More digital traffic results in more businesses willing to pay to post their adds on that particular site. This is good for the bottom line ($$$) and growth of the site. However, poster freedom is a double edge sword because it can be hard to control and may give the site a bad reputation which would cause businesses to take adds away from the site.

My question to the mods and higher ups of this site is, how do you decide on the fine balance of not too much and not too little poster freedom?

Maybe posters that bring in heavy amounts of digital traffic should get a slice of the pie somehow? After all, we posters and our threads are the ones drawing in traffic which ultimately translates to the monetary gain and value of this site.

Could you imagine if we owned our own threads and posts and the site would have to buy them from us?

Hahaha. I bet they do not want to have that conversation xD

EDIT: It just hit me we are the proletariat on this site! We put in the hard thread and posting work, but we do not own the means of production the site does so we see none of the profit does. Omg I just mind fuck city myself.
    Last edited by nanook12; 2017-11-28 at 11:16 PM.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nanook12 View Post
    It seems obvious to me the more freedom posters have on an internet forum site, the more web traffic that site is going to get and vice versa. More digital traffic results in more businesses willing to pay to post their adds on that particular site. This is good for the bottom line ($$$) and growth of the site. However, poster freedom is a double edge sword because it can be hard to control and may give the site a bad reputation which would cause businesses to take adds away from the site.

My question to the mods and higher ups of this site is, how do you decide on the fine balance of not too much and not too little poster freedom?

Maybe posters that bring in heavy amounts of digital traffic should get a slice of the pie somehow? After all, we posters and our threads are the ones drawing in traffic which ultimately translates to the monetary gain and value of this site.

Could you imagine if we owned our own threads and posts and the site would have to buy them from us?

EDIT: It just hit me we are the proletariat on this site! We put in the hard thread and posting work, but we do not own the means of production the site does so we see none of the profit does. Omg I just mind fuck city myself.

is this your first time on the internet?

10+ Year Old Account
    My question is more, how many other forum sites do you know that actually pays their posters for anything? Quite sure it is around the zero.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Maybe Tennis/Tennisace/whateverfuck is actually just a mod generating traffic. Would explain the lack of bans for spamming the forums with stolen nonsense.

Simple, if you're a leftie you get tons of freedom, if you're a rightly you get banned easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Since we're discussing moderation and other users at this point, this is getting locked. The key to freedom certainly isn't found in violating the site's rules & policies.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |