Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    My calculations suggest me, that such big monitor should be viewed from 24" or 60 centimeters distance in order to fit into your field of view. Do you really need such big monitor? That's, why advantages of such big monitors - are just a pure marketing. They're good for work (fit more things), but terrible for playing games. That's why I still have old 19" 4:3 monitor for playing games - because it perfectly fits into my field of view while viewing it from optimal distance.
    I can only assume this is sarcasm.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm using a 40" 4K monitor and find it excellent for WoW. Rather have stunning enveloping picture than super high FPS (which as you might know is hard to achieve in some scenarios, given limits in the old game engine's way of handling things).

That said 1440p on 32" means somewhat larger pixels than usual. Things might look a bit fuzzy. I'd bet on 27" being a better sweet spot for 1440p.

tbh anything above 27" i guess would be kinda overkill in my opinion, but if you want one, get it

Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    You fail to mention what settings you're running it at. I'm guessing Medium.

I have a GTX1080 and I can't run the game on Ultra at 1440p, 60+ FPS. So stop lying.
    Sounds like you have a shit machine, then. I run it on Ultra, depending on what I'm doing. I sometimes turn it down for things like Alterac Valley. Will post a screenshot when I get home this afternoon with a FPS counter.

Stop lying about your GTX1080 if you can't run WoW higher than 60 FPS on a QHD resolution.

I run Destiny 2 on Ultra with 100+ FPS, so I'm not sure if you actually believe you're telling the truth?
    Last edited by Enkrypt; 2017-11-30 at 03:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nanoneo View Post
    Or do you think this is just too big? Should there be any concerns of playing with a 32 inch in WoW or in general?

4K won‘t work with my GTX1060 the way I want the game to be I think. I want beautiful scenes, high fps and stunning colors.

So would you recommend me a 32” Monitor then?
    If you want stunning graphics you are playing the wrong game, you can pretty much run WoW on a toaster...

Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    I'm using a 40" 4K monitor and find it excellent for WoW. Rather have stunning enveloping picture than super high FPS (which as you might know is hard to achieve in some scenarios, given limits in the old game engine's way of handling things).

That said 1440p on 32" means somewhat larger pixels than usual. Things might look a bit fuzzy. I'd bet on 27" being a better sweet spot for 1440p.
    Nope, it doesn't look fuzzy at all. I prefer my 32" to my previous 27".

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow is more processor intensive than graphics intensive. I have a 27" 4K monitor running on a GTX 980 Ti, playing WoW on Ultra. It is beautiful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The main function of Mythic mode for most players is to act as a reminder that, compared to that 1%, they suck.

Yeah, I have a GTX1080 and I run the game absolutely 100% maxed out at 1440p and usually run capped at 144 fps (my monitor is 144Hz). In raids it will drop down to 75 fps or so when the fur is really flying. I can't remember the last time it was below 60, I don't think it's ever happened.

Note I'm not running DSR, so the game is actually at 1440p not rendered at 4k and sampled down or anything. That would certainly be much slower.

24-27 is ideal for 16:9. 24in 1440p has insane PPI and looks really crisp. Can't comment on ultrawide because they're pointless for competitive multiplayer gaming which is what I primarily do so I have never bought one.

I play on 32" full HD TV. I have tried 27" but it was too small

Deleted
    34" 1440p ultrawide here, moving non critical UI elements out of of the way for easy access. Screen does not get grainy/stretched with the right aspect ratio. You get to see more.

It's actually useful at fights where you have to keep an eye at two locations far from eachother, take mythic maiden where as melee you were constantly on the look for orbs to soak both in front and behind you. With your camera sideways you could actually see the entire raid both sides of the boss without the need to max zoom out.

TLDR: With the right aspect ratio you see more, not stretched.

I'm playing on a 1080 monitor 27inches and its pretty good. I've tried using a 37, 40 and 42 monitor for wow and it's horrendous on the eyes, it's not pixulated or anything, it's just painful, unless you're happy playing across the room

I'm sorry to burst your bubble man.

I would wait for BfA to be released.

Legion is the most poorly optimized expansion Blizzard has ever released.

When 7.0 released myself and thousands of other players were reporting insanely poor FPS in Suramar, Valsharah and some dungeons/raids. It was acknowledged by a Blue in the official Tech Support forums and they said a fix was on the way for 7.1 but it never came.

I have a 27 inch 1440p 144hz gsync monitor. i7 4.1Ghz 4790 CPU, GTX1080 graphics card, 16gb ram etc. It's a $2500+ AUD PC(just for the tower).

I can't max out WoW in 1440p. It's not possible. You have to turn anti aliasing down or turn some of the sliders down to 7 or lower to even maintain 60FPS.

Suramar is the worst culprit. 30FPS roughly.

Really dissapointing to be honest. Meanwhile I'm running Battlefront 2 at 1440p at 80+ frames. That has ALOT more shit going on and its multiplayer too so there's no excuse.

Apparently WoW can't utilize all the cores in your CPU. They really need to fix it for BfA.
    I'm running a 27 inch 1440p, an I5 3570k, Sapphire AMD Radeon HC 7870 2gb, 16gb ram (4x4), it cost 1000 GBP when I first built it in 2013.

Im on wow now my graphics are set to 8.

In dala I'm on 90 fps
    Made a lap around the broken isle, kept at 92 fps
    Suramar I've dropped to 72 avg and over the course of 10 mins or so killing shit, flying and walking I've dropped once to 45 then back to 72s
    In raids I'm always between 70-120. The only time I've ever see this computer not handle wow is when battle for tarren mill comes around, in there I sit on a just about playable 25 fps or so.

I can't fathom for the life of me how yours is so low on those specs, you're literally the first person I've ever heard of with issues like that (not saying you don't or the blue post isn't there). But I'll find out for myself next week, got a 1080 ti, 16gb (2x8), and I7 7700 sitting here slowly starting to download all my shit to replace this computer.

Also shame on your for buying battlefront 2

Deleted
    Gtx 650
    16 gig ram
    Draait als een jointje

That's weird. I have a very similar system and max out everything including ambient occlusion and shadows, and I get 144 FPS. I do have a much faster CPU and DDR4.

Maybe you have DSR running? That's where you're actually running the game at a much higher resolution and scaling it down to 1440p. If you run WoW at 200%, that's actually rendering to 5k, and that's a lot of pixels.

Oh, sure. In raids I drop down to 75 FPS or so, and even when flying around it sometimes dips to 120 FPS for a bit. I have a gsync monitor too so that isn't annoying.

Yes, dropping to 100% scale would give a huuuuuuge performance boost. But honestly once you pass 90 FPS with gsync I really can't tell the difference. Maybe I'll try scaling up too.

My 1070 dipped a noticeable bit in fps after going from like 21.5 inch 1080p 60mhz to 27 inch 1440p 60mhz, not even 144mhz. Nothing too bad but on the former I was literally getting 60+ fps in everything while now it's more around 60, dipping lower depending on the game. For WoW might not be that bad but for a 1060 I'm not sure that's the best choice of monitor.
    Last edited by JCD000; 2017-11-30 at 11:20 PM.

You really shouldn't be going below 60fps at 1440p with a 1070. Do you have a slowish/older CPU, or are you scaling above 100%?

Deleted
    Too big for most preferences, but it's all up to you in the end. If you dig it then go for it

doubt ur 1060 will be able to handle it tbh ...not enough ram to deal with all the pixels.

too big also if it's not ultra wide ....34" UW is the same height as a 27 inch ...the size of your screen is dependant not on your personal preference, but field of view and distance from screen. The advantage of UW is your horizontal view increases without the height (i have one and it's wonderful). U will need a beefy GPU. I cant run everything maxed out on a gta 1080. Ofc u'll have less pixel, but also a much weaker GPU

Yeah I bought Battlefront 2 when they disabled the pay to win. But the game has so many other issues its a travesty. Shame on me indeed. Playing with mates though.

I have a 27 inch 1440p, 144hz IPS Gsync Monitor.

GTX1080, i7 4790 at 4.1ghz and 16gb of DDR3 ram.

WoW is insanely poorly optimized. You cannot max the game out. You said yourself you have the graphics set at 8. I also guarantee you don't have the highest anti aliasing or shadows on.

It actually doesn't matter if you get a better system - this engine is so poorly made it can't utilize what you give it.

I can max out any other BRAND new released game but I can't max out a 13 year old game. What does that tell you?
    Mines set to 8 because of the card and how old it is. I just meant our systems are seemingly on par when that shouldn't be the case, my friends have specs closer to and achieve higher. Can't remember the exact specs of this monitor, just it was brand new out 6 years ago and set me back the best bit of 400

I will say none of us use shadows, but shadows has always been an issue in wow not just legion.

Legit only managed to download the first 2gb so far, once I have up and running, I'll be more than happy to jump back in and report.