Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Eagerly awaiting this proof. Go to Suramar and take a screenshot of your settings. Advanced window too.

Also sure you can run Destiny 2 whilst nothing is happening at 100+ FPS. But once the shit starts flying at 1440p I get 80-85.

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah I only have scale set at 150% at the moment. I could drop it down to 100% and would gain massive performance.

If you read my original post though I get great frames in some places. It's just a travesty that you can't max it everywhere. The spell effects in this game are hilariously bad.

Suramar and Valsharah are the biggest culprits.
    Keep waiting, then. I'll get to it when I can. To be honest, I don't really care if you believe me or not. It doesn't take a super computer to run WoW on Ultra at 1440, dude.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure you could really run it at 1440. Most people even with great setups can't max it out at an acceptable frame rate at 1080. I don't think 1440 is really worth it at this point, the hardware isn't ready for it unless you've got unlimited money, and even then 60 fps is out of the question for the most part.

You have no clue what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by shifu View Post
    I play on a 34" ultrawide 21:9 aspect ratio for WoW. Like others had mentioned FPS can and will be a problem. However i think BFA should fix all that.

Personally I FUCKING LOVE IT. Especially love moving anything thats not critical button wise to the corners out of my FOV.
    Serious question. Why do you think BFA will fix it? Have they mentioned any FPS related fixes?

10+ Year Old Account
    I ran a 27" for a number of years until yesterday when I picked up a 34" ultrawide (2560x1080).

Height wise, it's around the same which is perfect. It's just super wide which I find awesome.

The standard 16:9 27" resolution is 2560x1440, and the standard 21:9 ultrawide 34" resolution is 3440x1440. 2560x1080 at 34" is pretty unusual, although not unheard of, but it does less vertical resolution than a standard 27" monitor.

No indication that BFA will fix WoW's CPU dependency, which is really where FPS problems originate. WoW doesn't stress GPUs very hard unless you load up on the scaling and run at much higher resolutions.

Sigh.

Since I'm the only one who will post actual proof.

CPU/GPU: https://imgur.com/a/XhGLp

Graphics WoW: https://imgur.com/a/Y1yLS

Advanced WoW: https://imgur.com/a/WWf42

As you can see I don't even have everything maxed and I can't maintain 60FPS in Dalaran.

Here is Suramar. By far the worst culprit: https://imgur.com/a/fU8MK

You're all liars until proven otherwise. Holla'.

- - - Updated - - -

Liar. /10char
    Well, I was hoping you'd quote me back so I could give you a update. I finished installing last night, Ultra settings 78 fps in suramar, Once I got to the city they dropped to 50, turned off shadows and it went to 70. Dalaran was at 89 with shadows on surprisingly

But dude seriously, all I've done so far is be friendly and point out on a obsolete machine we were getting the same FPS roughly, I only quoted you because with the specs you're running that shouldn't be happening. I never called you a liar and I even said I wasn't doubting you about what you said or the blue post existing. I purely replied trying to be helpful and pointing out you might have another issue somewhere else. And for that, I get sigh and dibble about being a liar?

I'm not going to go ahead and post screenshots because I took you at facevalue and would have expected the same, either way if you believe me or not, it no skin off my nose and it doesn't change what my machine is running.

Still, being called a liar for trying to help. Nice

- - - Updated - - -

Sigh.

As you can see I don't even have everything maxed and I can't maintain 60FPS in Dalaran.

- - - Updated - - -

Liar. /10char
    Well, I was hoping you'd quote me back so I could give you a update. I finished installing last night, Ultra settings 78 fps in suramar, Once I got to the city they dropped to 50, turned off shadows and it went to 70. Dalaran was at 89 with shadows on surprisingly

But dude seriously, all I've done so far is be friendly and point out on a obsolete machine we were getting the same FPS roughly, I only quoted you because with the specs you're running that shouldn't be happening. I never called you a liar and I even said I wasn't doubting you about what you said or the blue post existing. I purely replied trying to be helpful and pointing out you might have another issue somewhere else. And for that, I get sigh and dibble about being a liar?

I'm not going to go ahead and post screenshots because I took you at facevalue and would have expected the same, either way if you believe me or not, it no skin off my nose and it doesn't change what my machine is running.

Still, being called a liar for trying to help. Nice

Sigh.

- - - Updated - - -

Liar. /10char
    Sure thing, PC Police. I think we all know who's the one lying. You can't even play WoW beyond 60 FPS on your machine. XD That's some funny shit.

I came here to say WoW looks and plays great on a 32" monitor and more often than not. I'm maintaining a high FPS (near or over 100 depending). I'm sorry your machine sucks and can't run WoW higher than 60FPS, but that's no reason to call everyone liars. You clearly don't know how WoW's engine works, or you're trolling. Frankly, neither would surprise me. You're just full o' salt.
    Last edited by Enkrypt; 2017-12-02 at 05:39 PM.

In my opinion the gaming sweet spot right now is 27", 1440p 144hz gsync with a 1080ti

But all that is way overkill if all you do is play wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    It entirely depends on the aspect ratio. I would not recommend something that large at 16:9 at a normal viewing distance, but 21:9 or wider would be a good experience.

1440p is too low of a resolution for a 32" monitor. It would look like shit. 27" is the max for 1440p.

I've been playing WoW for 9 years on a 30" 1600p monitor, and would never go smaller.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nanoneo View Post
    Or do you think this is just too big? Should there be any concerns of playing with a 32 inch in WoW or in general?

4K won‘t work with my GTX1060 the way I want the game to be I think. I want beautiful scenes, high fps and stunning colors.

So would you recommend me a 32” Monitor then?
    Way too huge dude. It's a computer screen not a TV.

23 inch or so is good enough.

I'm sorry to burst your bubble man.

I would wait for BfA to be released.

Legion is the most poorly optimized expansion Blizzard has ever released.

When 7.0 released myself and thousands of other players were reporting insanely poor FPS in Suramar, Valsharah and some dungeons/raids. It was acknowledged by a Blue in the official Tech Support forums and they said a fix was on the way for 7.1 but it never came.

I have a 27 inch 1440p 144hz gsync monitor. i7 4.1Ghz 4790 CPU, GTX1080 graphics card, 16gb ram etc. It's a $2500+ AUD PC(just for the tower).

I can't max out WoW in 1440p. It's not possible. You have to turn anti aliasing down or turn some of the sliders down to 7 or lower to even maintain 60FPS.

Suramar is the worst culprit. 30FPS roughly.

Really dissapointing to be honest. Meanwhile I'm running Battlefront 2 at 1440p at 80+ frames. That has ALOT more shit going on and its multiplayer too so there's no excuse.

Apparently WoW can't utilize all the cores in your CPU. They really need to fix it for BfA.
    I don't think it's entirely World of Warcraft's fault. It's probably also the fault of hardware manufacturers not optimizing certain hardware configurations properly with their drivers. I'm rocking a 27" 4K monitor, and I play my game with almost everything maxed out at 4K, and I never dip below 30 fps, and that's a worst case scenario. I'm running an old GTX 980, i7 3770k Overclocked just enough to hit 4GHz, and 16 GB of RAM.

Sidenote, I'm pretty sure my display is only 60MHz refresh rate.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tennis View Post
    Way too huge dude. It's a computer screen not a TV.

23 inch or so is good enough.
    I'd argue it depends on what else they use their computer for. I'm a hobbiest music producer and let me tell you, 27" is not nearly big enough for all the shit on my screen when I'm making my music.
    Quote Originally Posted by Novakhoro View Post
    I recommend shoulder surgery immediately... there's no way you didn't fuck it up with how hard you just reached.

It depend on your desk.

you need to sit at lease 0.7-1.0 meter away to make it feel comfortable (from your eye to monitor)

I have 32" curve monitor + corner desk and it is amazing. (all those dps meter, buff and raid frame addon take up too much space on smaller monitor)

You can't provide proof and just keep talking out of your ass.

The fact of the matter is - you're NOT running WoW at max. You must have settings turned off to maintain that FPS. You constantly keep telling me I'm wrong. Yet I'm the only one willing to provide proof.

I'm clearly the only one here who knows how poorly optimized WoWs engine is. In fact, most informed people do. WoW can't even utilize all cores in your CPU. It's a steaming pile of shit.

- - - Updated - - -

See. This guy gets it.

- - - Updated - - -

You're not helping the original OP in any way though. You are providing false anectdotal evidence.

You've been asked for proof multiple times and refuse to provide it based on a "high horse" mentality.
    I was attempting to help you by pointing out YOUR system shouldn't be producing those low results you fucking donkey

Quote Originally Posted by Moozart View Post
    With a 1060 I would not unless you plan to upgrade to a better card soon. 1440 adds a TON of extra pixels that need to be rendered and a 1060 could have a harder time.
    If it's just for WoW, a 1060 is overkill on 1440.

7+ Year Old Account
    Or do you think this is just too big? Should there be any concerns of playing with a 32 inch in WoW or in general?

4K won‘t work with my GTX1060 the way I want the game to be I think. I want beautiful scenes, high fps and stunning colors.

I think it would be awesome. However, I would go for a 27" 144hz monitor over a 32" 60hz one. The human eye definitely can see higher than 30 fps.

Or do you think this is just too big?
    Should there be any concerns of playing with a 32 inch in WoW or in general?
    I'd find it too small actually

I played on a 42" starting from TBC, and since 2014 I'm on a 55". And the next one will be even bigger
    Really helps to immerse into the games.
    I'd recommend getting a TV set. It's cheaper and larger.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    This is nonsense. You want as big a display as you can because you can keep moving more noncritical UI elements out to the edges while keeping more of the actual playfield uninterrupted. Yes, there's a practical limit on how much of that you can usefully scan, but there's no end to the useful things you can do with more border space.
    You are talking nonsense. We did this without Problems on 15 17 19 21 22 24 Monitors in the Past. In WoWs Case Bigger doesnt mean better since you want your most Importan Informations right where you can easily access them and thats for 99% in the Middle. stuff like DPS meters can be hidden. Bars can be hidden etc etc.

I've ordererd a 32" monitor with 1440p. Let's see how it'll feel then

Thanks for the discussion!