Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Red face Japanese company recognizes marriage with anime characters, provides family support

https://en.rocketnews24.com/2017/11/...port-benefits/

Tokyo-based employer’s limited-time offer helps anime fans better enjoy life with their 2-D spouse.

Recently, a number of legally-binding anime-themed wedding registration forms have gone into circulation in Japan, letting couples who share a love of, say, Pokémon, or Sailor Moon, make their first step into married life an otaku-appropriate one. We’ve even seen VR games that let users experience a wedding ceremony with an attractive 2-D partner.

Until now, though, we hadn’t heard of a company in Japan providing actual additional benefits to employees who’re married to an anime character. But should you be lucky enough to get hired by Akihabara-based tech developer Gatebox, the company will slip a little something into your paycheck each and every month to help give you and your 2-D love a better life.

Of course, the company has to guard against fraudsters who would try to abuse the system when they’re merely dating an anime character, so in order to secure the benefits you will have to provide documentation proving your married status. Thankfully, Gatebox itself provides the necessary marriage registration form here on its website, available in four different designs.

The forms ask for a plethora of information, starting with standard items such the name of you and your spouse. Gatebox would also like to know how you and your anime crush became acquainted, how you became a couple, where you proposed, your happiest memory together, and whether the bride will be keeping her maiden name or adopting her husband’s surname.

As a company making virtual assistant AI technology, it’s no surprise that one of Gatebox’s marriage registration forms is futuristic-looking

Although they have a plain form too

Once the form is filled out, it can be submitted either by mail or hand-delivered to Gatebox’s office, after which your marriage certificate will be mailed to you. While otaku are welcome to register their marriages with Gatebox as a gesture of their devotion to their favorite character, they can also opt for the wedding registration form to double as a job application, as Gatebox is currently hiring. Applicants who have filled out the wedding registration form, if hired, will receive an additional 5,000 yen (US$45) per month as a stipend to support their married life. They’ll also be allowed to take their spouse’s birthday off (it’s common for anime characters in Japan to have an official birthday), which is a service most companies in workaholic Japan don’t even provide for their employees with flesh-and-blood spouses.

Speaking of flesh-and-blood spouses, Gatebox expressly states that these benefits are only available to applicants with non-human spouses (hand-drawn anime, 3-D animation, video game, and costumed characters are all allowable). Furthermore, while the harem genre continues to be one of the most popular in anime, applicants (who must use their real names) are not allowed to submit multiple marriage registration forms with different partners. “We ask that you submit paperwork only for the one individual your heart belongs to,” Gatebox says on its website.

On the other hand, the company progressively honor same-sex marriages, as well as inter-species ones, specifically mentioning that it has no objections to humans marrying elves, beast girls, or any other non-human characters. Gatebox also promises that the contents of the marriage registration forms it receives will be kept strictly confidential, and not made available for anyone other than the applicant to see.

While the extra 5,000 yen a month is likely built into the salary Gatebox was prepared to offer applicants anyway, the extra day of vacation really is a nice perk, as tongue-in-cheek rationale aside, it’s a cool gesture that the company realizes that everyone could use an extra day off now and again. However, there’s a limit to even Gatebox’s generosity, so applicants who want to lock in these benefits will need to submit their marriage registration/job application form by December 7.

Awww how cute. Marriage is marriage after all. This could just be a stepping stone for the newlyweds too.

How do you feel about this? Would you consider a similar marriage?

This is a weird turn for you; usually you'd lambast such people for not getting married to a young girl/guy and have children.

7+ Year Old Account
    I feel Asuna is trash tier.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venara
    Half this forum would be permanently banned if we did everything some of our users regularly demand or otherwise expect us to do.
    Actual blue mod response on doing what they volunteered to do. No wonder this place is infested.

10+ Year Old Account
    So can you marry Kos Mos from the xenosaga anime? Or is marrying a anime robot to far? Or alien women, does that mean Ryoko form Tenchi can get citizenship?

Does Japan recognize polygamy? What happens when 20,000 otakus are all married to Rem?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    Does Japan recognize polygamy? What happens when 20,000 otakus are all married to Rem?
    Grossest consummating the marriage ever as you need a number ticket and wait in line.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly why not. Watched a documentary where a guy molested automobiles and he seemed happy.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

This is worse than not getting married.

Deleted
    Good, it's about time this happened. As someone who represented that minority here I feel like this is a big victory. One step into the future: Success!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    I feel Asuna is trash tier.
    No way. She is legendary tier.

I just got the right to marry and Japanese are already ruining it. Thanks guys.

10+ Year Old Account
    In b4 these wierdos start getting into fights over their 'wife'
    Quote Originally Posted by Gillern View Post
    "IM LOOKING AT A THING I DONT LIKE, I HAVE THE OPTION TO GO AWAY FROM IT BUT I WILL LOOK MORE AND COMPLAIN ABOUT THE THING I DONT LIKE BECAUSE I DONT LIKE IT, NO ONE IS FORCING ME TO SEARCH FOR THIS THING OR LOOK AT THIS THING OR REMAIN LOOKING AT THIS THING BUT I AM ANYWAY, ITS OFFENDS ME! ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME ME!!!"
    Troof

Time to move to Japan!

If someone gets married to an anime character, i have no doubt their family needs a lot of support.

I'm excited to see where this can end up. You can marry a cartoon character, what about a comic/manga one. What about something you created. Robots? Furry anime characters? Robot animals?

THE RIDE NEVER ENDS.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ozyorkbourne View Post
    If someone gets married to an anime character, i have no doubt their family needs a lot of support.

I'm excited to see where this can end up. You can marry a cartoon character, what about a comic/manga one. What about something you created. Robots? Furry anime characters? Robot animals?

THE RIDE NEVER ENDS.
    They weren't having kids anyways. Better than dying for suicide or karoshi.

Japan™

/10char

Quote Originally Posted by Wiyld View Post
    In b4 these wierdos start getting into fights over their 'wife'
    Why fight over them when one can buy a clone at the store?

If they wanted they could get a divorce. Gotta figure out a pre-nup or the poster/pillow gets half. Do you reckon that if they have small child pillows, the ex pillow waifu will pay child support? I hear they have a .... "cushion" BADUM TSSSS
    Last edited by Hugnomo; 2017-11-29 at 04:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    My Lum dakimakura has finally been redeemed after 20 years!

I just have to clean her off with a butter knife/chisel first.....

Some heroes jobs are never done!

why not? marriage means fuck all anyway, anyone can get married in a heartbeat and divorced the next day how special or sacred is that? it's quite pathetic and sad but losers have married all kinds of objects like a rock or a tree why not a drawing? it's probably some mental condition or their lack of ability to get with someone of the opposite sex but hey whatever makes them happy i guess.