Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Can you imagine how weird and awkward it must be for the artist who created the character that dozens of people will now officially marry and call their wife? Does that make the artist their father/mother in law?

Holy shit, what a world we live in.

Quote Originally Posted by Maklor View Post
    Read the article and you'll notice that you cannot marry an anime character in Japan.
    I made the choice not to.

Real life waifu and husbando. Hhhmmmmm, interesting.

...and a little wEiRd, but to each their own. Whatever floats your boat.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    im gonna blow your mind - type rosebutt / prolapse in google

suddenly sex with furniture will seem resonable :P:P:P:P :P
    Yea, my chair just looked sexier.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think I can actually see why they went ahead and did this. Just recently there was the story about the Canadian guy who works for a Japanese company, and was harassed when his first kid was born due to him not being able to commit 100% to the company and work grueling 16-hour days any more.

Someone who gets married to an imaginary cartoon character will never have children with their "partner", and I can't imagine there being much of a family life that takes up a lot of time. So the company loves this idea. They're basically encouraging these people to take themselves off the market and, at the same time, make sure that they'll be able to work continuous overtime (as is usual in Japan) for many years to come.

I'm all for personal freedom, and while I can't understand someone who wants to marry something that can't interact with them in absolutely any way, I can certainly tolerate it. They aren't affecting or hurting anyone after all.

But the likely motivation behind this kind of support by the company seems just sinister and self-serving.

Edit:

So they will allow people to marry imagineary anime chracters but Gay Marriage is still not legal.

Fuck this world.

Deleted
    That country is so doomed....

The interesting part is that they are AWARE that they are, but yet don't really try to change things for the better.
    It's like watching a car crash in slow motion.