Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Well, Sargeras did damage something....*Looks at Azeroth*

But it wasn't the Lore...

*Looks at Azeroth's Titan, crying both Rape, and Stab wounds*

....Fuck Space Satan (AKA, Sargeras).

Boy, did you just wake up after a decade long slumber? Blizzard has been slowly killing it's lore for years now.

Deleted
    So, the mighty eternal Sargeras was actually hidding into some clouds, clouds that you don't even see from Azeroth

Plus the fact that he waited the very last moment of his defeat, to strike his sword into Azeroth

Why he couldn't do that before ? Why you have to wait and do nothing when you are an infinite powerful being and let your little minions fail at their jobs ?

I pity the denizens of Azeroth in the area directly underneath his crotch.

Art by draken4o

Quote Originally Posted by happy jumping car View Post
    So, the mighty eternal Sargeras was actually hidding into some clouds, clouds that you don't even see from Azeroth

Plus the fact that he waited the very last moment of his defeat, to strike his sword into Azeroth

Why he couldn't do that before ? Why you have to wait and do nothing when you are an infinite powerful being and let your little minions fail at their jobs ?
    He didn’t want to kill her before he wanted to corrupt her and have her join him so she could be by his side. The stabbing was a last ditch effort of “if I can’t have her neither can you!” He loved her when he was at Azeroth previously she opened one of her eyes and looked at him and he fell in love with her. (Think it was the war of the ancients)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    Oh gods, whine some more. Sargeras has always been a "distant" villain, a faceless threat. The Legion was the threat, and the Legion enacted the will of Sargeras. We were not meant to fight a literal god.

The players at this point of the plot had just defeated a nascent Titan with help from the Titans' remaining power. The Titans, alien creatures as they are, forced Sargeras into his true form (He wasn't -in- the cloud, he WAS the cloud) yanked him back to the Throne. He stabbed Azeroth and almost anti-climactically, he was gone.

And that was a good thing.

Why? Because Sargeras was never more than a singular Titan. He was able to defeat the other Titans because they never expected him---they were "not prepared". At even a fraction of their former might---together and ready, they could subdue Sargeras, he was one, they were many. Even after everything they have been through, Aman'thul called Sargeras "brother", which indicated that the whole of the Burning Crusade was really nothing more than a stupid teenager's death metal phase, and when Mom and Dad were able to reassert their authority, Sargeras was sent to his room to sulk.

With Illidan poking at his ankles forever.

You'll notice that Velen was looking at the Throne when he sighed. He wasn't looking at the destruction of Silithus. His reaction is appropriate; the big bad who had tormented his people for 25 millennia was gone. Give the guy a break before expecting him to get verklempt over Azeroth's new woes.

Hating -this- cinematic because it 'craps all over the lore' is a surefire way to signal that you're being sour grapes.
    I think you mis read OP, it has nothing to do with us killing Sargeras, it has to do with the shit story telling and emotional impact.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It was a bad ending. The sword only taking out one zone despite hitting our planet harder than the meteor that killed all the dinosaurs? Yeah... The entire plot is something I’d expect from an anime or comic book. Really, really cheesy crap that in the end amounts to an overblown plot device to awkwardly shuffle from one expansion to the next.

But then every single ending for every single WoW expansion bar, arguably, Wrath has been shite too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hellrime View Post
    It is only the avatar of Sargeras, not actually Sargeras. Isn't it? I thought there were more conditions for Sargeras to actually come to Azeroth.
    You fought the Avatar in ToS. Also I doubt the Pantheon would pull just an avatar to his throne.
    Today is Beautiful and so are you, here's to having a wonderful day.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    He didn’t want to kill her before he wanted to corrupt her and have her join him so she could be by his side. The stabbing was a last ditch effort of “if I can’t have her neither can you!” He loved her when he was at Azeroth previously she opened one of her eyes and looked at him and he fell in love with her. (Think it was the war of the ancients)
    But if he was there as a cloud, why didn't he quickly destroy us? He was right there!!! After we were dead he could do whatever the fuck he wants. Instead he does nothing and just comes over as pretty fucking useless and stupid. His representation in this cinematic makes him look incompetent, but I'm starting to believe "incompetent" is what Blizzard their goal for the Legion was at the start of this expansion so I suppose they succeeded.

And it's not like he needed the seat of the pantheon anymore, so annihilating the titans together with us wouldn't harm his cause if he got Azeroth to his side anyway because he would both have the "strongest" titan and have no more other large threats to deal with after that.

That's blizzard writing for you, poor at the best of times. Not surprised honestly.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbidaggy View Post
    You mean a fallen god is actually in love with an actual planet ? What the actual fuck

Is this information in Chronicle Vol 1 ? I've bought it but I didn't begin to read it yet

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valithra View Post
    But if he was there as a cloud, why didn't he quickly destroy us? He was right there!!! After we were dead he could do whatever the fuck he wants. Instead he does nothing and just comes over as pretty fucking useless and stupid. His representation in this cinematic makes him look incompetent, but I'm starting to believe "incompetent" is what Blizzard their goal for the Legion was at the start of this expansion so I suppose they succeeded.

And it's not like he needed the seat of the pantheon anymore, so annihilating the titans together with us wouldn't harm his cause if he got Azeroth to his side anyway because he would both have the "strongest" titan and have no more other large threats to deal with after that.
    Sargeras underestimated us, he most likely never thought that the Pantheon would imprison him. If it wasn't for them we would of had no way of stopping him, and he knew that. He also assumed we would be defeated by Argus while he did his sweet talking on Azeroth.

You mean a fallen god is actually in love with an actual planet ? What the actual fuck

Is this information in Chronicle Vol 1 ? I've bought it but I didn't begin to read it yet
    It is from the artifact description of the Scepter of Sargeras i believe.

Deleted

He's not in love, it's more that he recognises she's powerful and wants to avoid destroying her and instead try corrupting her first to have her as an ally.

Quote Originally Posted by Redroniksre View Post
    Sargeras underestimated us, he most likely never thought that the Pantheon would imprison him. If it wasn't for them we would of had no way of stopping him, and he knew that. He also assumed we would be defeated by Argus while he did his sweet talking on Azeroth.
    It would literally take him 20 seconds of his time to destroy us, whether he sees us as a threat or not shouldn't matter, we are a nuisance. This just makes him a complete fucking idiot.
    Last edited by mmoc2c2eb13044; 2017-11-29 at 06:34 PM.

Blizzard's writing is pure shit, more news at 11.
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

He is imprisoned, not dead. There is a 100% chance that we will see him again, a few expansions down the line.

10+ Year Old Account
    If their writing is so shit, and has been for years as some of you claim.. wtf are all of you doing here?

I'd like to get some explanation as to what exactly that cloud-form was but other than that the cinematic was just fine and pretty self explanatory.

Quote Originally Posted by Valithra View Post
    It would literally take him 20 seconds of his time to destroy us, whether he sees us as a threat or not shouldn't matter, we are a nuisance. This just makes him a complete fucking idiot.
    Well, presumably the whole cloud thing happens sometime DURING the Antorus raid. It potentially even happens during the Argus fight. The mythic only phase of Argus has a bunch of moves titled with Sargeras' name in them. Stuff like Chains of Sargeras or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    He is imprisoned, not dead. There is a 100% chance that we will see him again, a few expansions down the line.
    Well in that case that makes everyone so much better!

Quote Originally Posted by thunterman View Post
    That makes everything better. Recycle everything. Artorus was just a setback.

I would take this information with a grain of salt. It was technically written in game, but I think Legion was written before the Chronicles came about.

The destruction warlock artifact lore book talks about him being in love with Azeroth after meeting her world soul in the War of the Ancients. I think the in game retcon explanation we got later on was that he was simply enamored with how powerful Azeroth was. He had already corrupted Argus' world soul into being a battery for his demons, so he wanted to obtain her power for use in the same way. His idea was that, with her in his legion, he would become unstoppable.