Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by happy jumping car View Post
    You mean a fallen god is actually in love with an actual planet ? What the actual fuck

Is this information in Chronicle Vol 1 ? I've bought it but I didn't begin to read it yet
    First titans arnt gods. Second off no its from the destruction artifact knowledge book in game

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    That makes everything better. Recycle everything. Artorus was just a setback.
    And this is why we cant ever lose... If we were to lose to a villain this would be all over the forums.

Was it ever actually explained or shown how Sargeras even got to Azeroth? I was under the impression he wasn't around, and now all of a sudden at the end cinematic he's literally sitting on top of the planet?

Where'd he come from and wtf was he doing there? how long had he been there?

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rush2803 View Post
    If their writing is so shit, and has been for years as some of you claim.. wtf are all of you doing here?

I'd like to get some explanation as to what exactly that cloud-form was but other than that the cinematic was just fine and pretty self explanatory.
    Don't even bother dude. Discussing with them is most pointless thing in the world. Blizzard cinematics are literally piece of art and they shit on them anyway. They can't really get more stupid.

For your question: I think Sargeras tried to turn Azeroth on his side. When he realized he felt into a trap, he was like: "If I can't get her, no one will". Cloud is just effect to hide Sargeras before cinematic.

Is it possible we are missing a cinematic. Haven't they encrypted this stuff or hidden it away until a raid beat the boss and enabled it? I feel like there is a puzzle piece missing and people are all "wow this puzzle sucks, look the didn't even make anything here"

I don't understand where he was, hiding in the fucking clouds? Decided to materialize himself just then and there?

It was fucking weak as hell.

Also, stop with the bright lazerbeams defeating\capturing the baddies. They ghostbustered him back into his pantheon spot? really?

Ugh...

The biggest villain and threat in the Warcraft franchise for like 22 years, and this is his sendoff? Pathetic.

It's a lot better than WoD's ending, at least.

Given that the whole franchise is probably in managed decline mode as far as Activision is concerned, I'm satisfied with it. I don't think the team was going to be given the production budget to do something spectacular. At least they are wrapping up the single longest thread in the lore, even if in a rushed fashion.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracullus View Post
    Don't even bother dude. Discussing with them is most pointless thing in the world. Blizzard cinematics are literally piece of art and they shit on them anyway. They can't really get more stupid.

For your question: I think Sargeras tried to turn Azeroth on his side. When he realized he felt into a trap, he was like: "If I can't get her, no one will". Cloud is just effect to hide Sargeras before cinematic.
    The quality of the cinematic is fine, but the content in it and the story that precedes and surrounds it is not. But how dare people be annoyed that a universe they got invested in is filled with shitty writing. I had 0 emotions throughout the entire cinematic because it was lame, even the characters in the cinematic didn't show any emotions when Sargeras became visible, as if seeing a planet sized being is an every day occurrence.

And what trap did Sargeras walk into? There was no trap. He conveniently, for us, arrived at Azeroth at the same exact point that the titans are ready to do their deus ex machina rainbow powers... How is that not shitty writing? What are the odds that those 2 things happen at the exact same time, without any planning from anyone for it to happen prior to the events happening.

What I would pay to see sargareas' face from azeroth rather than from space. Would looks huge and funny.

Also, did his hands that he placed on azeroth crush like a whole zone of people? lol

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    1. They have the guy hiding in a cloud like a coward.
    You need to actually watch the Cinematic pal, if you had, you'd noticed he wasn't HIDING in a cloud, he WAS the cloud. Why, we have no idea, and I hope Blizzard answeres this in the future.
    Last edited by Lupinemancer; 2017-11-29 at 07:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Why is it so hard for some of you to just enjoy something? So what if this cinematic isn't going to get an Emmy or an Oscar, get real. It's a video game about demons and magic and talking goats and cows. It's juvenile at it's core, and iff that bothers you so much then move on. You all grew up and changed, not blizzards writing. Warcraft story telling was never anything more than just cheap entertainment even back in wc3 days.

TLDR: Stop trying to be acclaimed critics and just enjoy shit
    Although I understand that some people are complaining about everything, this case is totally different. People actually liked Rejection of the Gift cinematic. You can't really tell other people what they should and shouldn't enjoy, it's their taste.

Nah, I think the cinematic was appropriate. Sargeras was far too powerful for even the pantheon to deal with, much less anyone else. The Legion has always been the face of Sargeras' actions. It's not like we got out unscathed, whether it's more recent events like Vol'jin, Varian, and Tirion, or a bit older events like the Sundering, or the actions of Archimonde, Kil'Jaeden, Ner'zhul, we've paid a heavy price for even just a temporary victory.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by ChronoSul View Post
    First titans arnt gods.
    "The titans are colossal godlike beings made up of the primordial matter from which the very universe was born."
    "They were described as perfect and majestic beings who are akin to gods."
    Good enough for me!

Quote Originally Posted by Valithra View Post
    He's not in love, it's more that he recognises she's powerful and wants to avoid destroying her and instead try corrupting her first to have her as an ally.

It would literally take him 20 seconds of his time to destroy us, whether he sees us as a threat or not shouldn't matter, we are a nuisance. This just makes him a complete fucking idiot.
    Actually, he saw her as a Beautiful being. He was obsessed with her. He went all Homura Akemi on Azeroth. He also wanted her Power, so...he went Satan on her...

As...expected.

10+ Year Old Account
    Salisbury, Rhodesia & Leiden , The Netherlands
    I don't like it either. Its not friggin Star Wars with their spaceshuttle... then again, I've never like any of the Burning Legion lore anyways. Other than that, great expansion!
    "This is no swaggering askari, no Idi Amin Dada, heavyweight boxing champion of the King's African Rifles, nor some wide shouldered, medal-strewn Nigerian general. This is an altogether more dangerous dictator - an intellectual, a spitefull African Robespierre who has outlasted them all." - The Fear: Robert Mugabe and the martyrdom of Zimbabwe, Peter Godwin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    Actually, he saw her as a Beautiful being. He was obsessed with her. He went all Homura Akemi on Azeroth. He also wanted her Power, so...he went Satan on her...

As...expected.

Might have missed that part somewhere or just blocked it out due to its ridiculousness. In an expansion or 2, Azeroth will be an angsty teenager who hates us because we didn't let her date Sargeras. Wouldn't be the worst storyline.

Quote Originally Posted by Valithra View Post
    Might have missed that part somewhere or just blocked it out due to its ridiculousness. In an expansion or 2, Azeroth will be an angsty teenager who hates us because we didn't let her date Sargeras. Wouldn't be the worst storyline.
    Isn't she already a teen? All Emo, Demonic loving, Anime Hentai Weebiszed, and shit?

...Ew....

10+ Year Old Account
    I expected sacrifices to be made for sargeras to be put away. "Sucked into space vacuum" doesn't seem like a fitting end.

I don't know if the pantheon will be important later, but they could have sacrificed themselves, illidan, and our artifacts to obliterate sargeras.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    That makes everything better. Recycle everything. Artorus was just a setback.
    I hate to break it to you, but it's not the first time friend. They've employed writers full time, the lore is going to be extended drastically in the future, Sargaras isn't even the big bad now, in the future he will only be a pawn.
    Last edited by thunterman; 2017-11-29 at 08:15 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I loved the cinematic
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Steelangel View Post
    snip
    Pretty much. ITT: people whining that we didn't get to attack Sargeras' toes.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne