Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Arthas was prob the worst char they ever created. Comparable with thrall.
    I have no idea how people have any fondness towards him tbqh
    In your opinion i know.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    #1 thing they did wrong:

Exactly how is Sargeras back now? Didn't he need a huge portal or something? And if he had Antorus/Argus all along, couldn't he use that titan's power to make the portal? The whole story is fucked up.
    Somebody forgot about the massive portal in the sky a certain Demon Hunter had created.

Deleted
    Remenber back then demons were powerful
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3BxvHhz4XQ and now not even Sargeras can´t hold his weapon . Now we know why Eonar didn´t want him, dirty old bastard can´t keep his weapon up.

all titans travel in cloud form

Was a lot better than the Archi one

Was there something saying that Sargeras can come through it? Did he come through it? It seems possible but I don't remember anything. From what I remember it was just about getting Argus and Azeroth to hang out.
    The storytelling in Antorus is really weak, but I get the impression that's what they were going for. The story has always been that he can't reach Azeroth and that's why he's never shown up. Illidan gave him a way to get there.
    There was a lot they failed to explain. The titans were dead. Then suddenly Magni told us Aggramar is alive but also really small. Then that somehow sargeras found out about and captured all the soul fragments. Then after Coven they can make themselves bodies again. Then we're going to the seat so that they can do...something...whatever it'll stop Sargeras shut up. Then we kill argus and for some reason that lets them imprison Sargeras or something. Then Illidan is all like "I'm staying behind obviously" for some reason that's never really made clear. What he can do against a Titan, even an imprisoned one, that the Titans themselves can't do I've no idea.
    I think I'd have enjoyed the raid more if I wasn't trying to fill in the blanks all the time.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kenji87 View Post
    You need to actually watch the Cinematic pal, if you had, you'd noticed he wasn't HIDING in a cloud, he WAS the cloud. Why, we have no idea, and I hope Blizzard answeres this in the future.
    They totally borrowed this from the Greek mythology, where Zeus is impregnating Danae in the guise of a golden rain shower who then gives birth to Perseus.

Quote Originally Posted by Izzyfurious View Post
    Good lore in this game was gone forever after Arthas, why do some people still believe it can be better today?

I bet you also liked the most universally critical critiqued movies as well if you want current wow lore to become better. Which it never will become!

Get this into your brain already! stop being so delusional with hoping for better lore, it will not happend. It stopped after Arthas died in Icc!!

If you expect current better wow lore all the time you will only be dissapointed, every single time.
    You meant to say before Arthas came along. The Arthas story was nothing but cliche trite. Well to be honest, most of Warcraft lore has always been garbage but I have never played any video game for story really.

Quote Originally Posted by AwkwardSquirtle View Post
    There was a lot they failed to explain. The titans were dead. Then suddenly Magni told us Aggramar is alive but also really small. Then that somehow sargeras found out about and captured all the soul fragments.
    If you followed all the class hall storylines, you'd know that the demons invaded Ulduar to steal the titans' soul fragments from the keepers.

I'm just curious where he put his hand when he lent over to stab the sword.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    You meant to say before Arthas came along. The Arthas story was nothing but cliche trite. Well to be honest, most of Warcraft lore has always been garbage but I have never played any video game for story really.
    I disagree. The Arthas story is actually relevant to today. The issue is “when faced with a threat, what courses of action are morally acceptable?” For Arthas and his friends it camr down to burning down cities and killing civilians. In the real world, we wrestle with this issue every day when it comes to terrorism: some want to reach out and be more open, others want bans and justice.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

The more powerful the enemy, the more absurd the storyline generally needs to be in order to satisfy any sort of ending. Us facing a being that eats planets for breakfast was a very shaky premise to even start out with.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    The more powerful the enemy, the more absurd the storyline generally needs to be in order to satisfy any sort of ending. Us facing a being that eats planets for breakfast was a very shaky premise to even start out with.
    But theres plenty of stories in various genres where an unbeatable enemy is defeated in a satisfying way.

In star wars episode 4, the death star is unbeatable but a lucky shot from luke blows it up. This works only because the empire is allowed to score many major victories throughout the film to make the empire a credible threat from capturing leia and slaughtering her crew to killing obi wan to tracking the falcon to find the rebel base.

I remember an episode of Xena where Caligula becomes a god and is basically set to rule the entire planet with nothing to stop him. Caligula has a bit of a cowardly nature tho and Xena preys on that by convincing him she can kill gods (which she cant) and tells him its better if he just killed himself instead of a more painful death at her hands and Caligula kills himself.

In Doctor Who, the Doctor fought Sutekh, who was basically a god. Sutekh was imprisoned under an Egyptian pyramid. At the end of the story he is freed and will destroy the Earth and the rest of the cosmos. The Doctor takes the time control register from his TARDIS and hooks it into the vortex Sutekh is travelling to exit his prison so that Sutekh’s exit point is shifted forward in time to the end of the universe.

So if you wanted to write a more satisfying ending, you could borrow pieces from other stories. Like perhaps Sargeras arrives at the portal Illidan conjured and wreaks havoc but when he tries to pass thru it to Azeroth, a mage shifts its exit point to another location or forward in time or something.

A pretty cool ending would be Sargeras arriving at Argus and killing 5-7 major lore heroes and then attempt to pass thru the Illidan portal and then Jaina Proudmoore shows up and casts some incredible spell to redirect the portal exit ahead in time or to another point in the universe and say “all i wanted was to study - and that studying just paid off”. But before she casts it, he throws Gorribal thru the portal and stabs Azeroth.
    Last edited by Kokolums; 2017-12-13 at 02:53 PM.
    TO FIX WOW:1. smaller server sizes & server-only LFG awarding satchels, so elite players help others. 2. "helper builds" with loom powers - talent trees so elite players cast buffs on low level players XP gain, HP/mana, regen, damage, etc. 3. "helper ilvl" scoring how much you help others. 4. observer games like in SC to watch/chat (like twitch but with MORE DETAILS & inside the wow UI) 5. guild leagues to compete with rival guilds for progression (with observer mode).6. jackpot world mobs.

The last fight was a pretty incredible fight. I am still seriously disappointed that we did not get to fight Sargeras himself. Felt a little like the Deathwing let down.

Quote Originally Posted by Hotsforyou View Post
    The last fight was a pretty incredible fight. I am still seriously disappointed that we did not get to fight Sargeras himself. Felt a little like the Deathwing let down.
    Don't worry, he's coming back. The Pantheon will likely draw the corruption out of Sargeras and then dump it into Illidan. Illidan cannot contain the corruption, so the Pantheon imprisons Illidan on some asteroid in the middle of no where. They leave him to rot. The fel consumes Illidan and becomes Illigaras/Sargidan. He finds away to escape. He re-founds a portion of the Legion and sets about trying to find a way of nuking Azeroth. After a few years, we get a cool expansion where we fight Illigaras. The end raid has us rid Illidan of the taint, which forms into an avatar of Sargeras, who we fight.

Was there something saying that Sargeras can come through it? Did he come through it? It seems possible but I don't remember anything. From what I remember it was just about getting Argus and Azeroth to hang out.
    There was nothing saying he couldn't get through.

Deleted
    Sargeras was not what we thought :P

Quote Originally Posted by Kokolums View Post
    A pretty cool ending would be Sargeras arriving at Argus and killing 5-7 major lore heroes and then attempt to pass thru the Illidan portal and then Jaina Proudmoore shows up and casts some incredible spell to redirect the portal exit ahead in time or to another point in the universe and say “all i wanted was to study - and that studying just paid off”. But before she casts it, he throws Gorribal thru the portal and stabs Azeroth.
    Let me tell you something.

I’ve lurked here for years and I finally bothered to make an account just to say how unbelievably terrible that is. If you think that crappy one-liner from a Deus Ex Jaina would be more satisfying than what we got, I’m extremely grateful you don’t work for Blizz. My goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    Then you have the worst taste in wow lore in general of everyone i have ever come across.

the lore in this game has been bad since the draenei crashed here. it wont get better, its the writing equivalent of a drunk cry. no real cognitive message, constantly changing story, emotional for no reason, overall a mess.