Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Demo and antorus

I know it's been beaten like a dead horse, but i need to how viable is demo in antorus? How much does my dps depend of the correct legendaries and tier set? ive watched the guides I know my rotation but I can't pull my dps out of the gutter. 927 ilvl, kicked from my own guild raid on normal for garbage dps is pretty discouraging, I know demo needs work on blizzards end but I like the spec, and afflic just isn't interesting enough for me the spec it, I would end up playing another class before I switch to affliction. I know theres alot of movement in antorus and locks have no mobility and i dont want to waste time going to a new class, and i dont want to give up on demo but I also don't want to be kicked from every pug and guild raid I get into

Demos our weakest spec. The only thing the spec is capable of is sustained patchwerk single target and its not good enough at that to deal with mechanics or make up for not being able to do anything else.

Even as i play destro now i cant recommend playing anything but aff with the current state of things. We'll see if theres tuning next week that affects us but im not optimistic for demo since they plan to overhaul it again and they probably dont want people playing it just like in wod.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

What was your dps at that got you kicked?

Edit: in my experience Demo was very legendary and Haste dependent. with high movement fights I always tried to keep my haste at 35% or higher so I could stop and cast on the go. I was Demo for all of NH and about half of ToS switching to Affliction.
    Last edited by Kiramouse; 2017-11-30 at 02:14 PM.

Demo SIMS the highest dps of all warlock spec BY A LARGE AMOUNT OF 200k, but because of class mechanics and fight mechanics it comes in 2nd place behind affliction, Destro is the worst atm.

*also i believe destro takes a huge dps loss by not having t20 set bonus, and performs better then t21*

I was on high command doing less than 500k

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally went Destro, as have good AOE when specced into it, and I have the legendary shoulders that make my artifacts ability even better..

Quote Originally Posted by Kiramouse View Post
    What was your dps at that got you kicked?

Edit: in my experience Demo was very legendary and Haste dependent. with high movement fights I always tried to keep my haste at 35% or higher so I could stop and cast on the go. I was Demo for all of NH and about half of ToS switching to Affliction.
    I don't mind putting in the work for the gear and leggos, my haste is at 30 and I use the wrist Lego for 15% with doom guard and crafted Lego shoulders, but I also don't want to put in all the effort for correct gear and still see myself begging for bottom dps scraps

Quote Originally Posted by Re4leader1 View Post
    I don't mind putting in the work for the gear and leggos, my haste is at 30 and I use the wrist Lego for 15% with doom guard and crafted Lego shoulders, but I also don't want to put in all the effort for correct gear and still see myself begging for bottom dps scraps
    you could try the Shadowy Inspiration/Power trip talent build, gives you some instant cast spells to cast while moving

Quote Originally Posted by Kiramouse View Post
    you could try the Shadowy Inspiration/Power trip talent build, gives you some instant cast spells to cast while moving
    That was the the talent build I was rocking, on raid dummy felguard and grim of service was the best. But in real life I lost an insane amount of dps

I know it's been beaten like a dead horse, but i need to how viable is demo in antorus? How much does my dps depend of the correct legendaries and tier set? ive watched the guides I know my rotation but I can't pull my dps out of the gutter. 927 ilvl, kicked from my own guild raid on normal for garbage dps is pretty discouraging, I know demo needs work on blizzards end but I like the spec, and afflic just isn't interesting enough for me the spec it, I would end up playing another class before I switch to affliction. I know theres alot of movement in antorus and locks have no mobility and i dont want to waste time going to a new class, and i dont want to give up on demo but I also don't want to be kicked from every pug and guild raid I get into
    The raid has just come out but so far demo is under-performing then usual do, destro doing slightly better but affliction is completly outshining over both.

But the important thing to remember at this point is that it's too early to judge because everyone is learning the new bosses and once you figure out how to optimise your demo dps during these new boss fights you will reach better numbers. Demo was designed to be a immobile turrent this expac so movement is bad. I suggest practicing the "global shuffle" (small tiny movements during the global CD )

Also i advise you find yourself a better guild because no one should be kicked out of raid for normal/heroic raids at this point.

Destro is the immobile turret, not Demo. Destruction is one of the least mobile specs in the game. Demonology obviously isn't as good as BM or WiA Affliction, but it isn't nearly as bad on the move as people think.

I was on high command doing less than 500k
    What spec choices and legos did you use? On High command i was over 2.3mil dps as demo. I used the belt and the wilfreds for my legos.
    Last edited by xuros; 2017-11-30 at 09:14 PM.

That was the the talent build I was rocking, on raid dummy felguard and grim of service was the best. But in real life I lost an insane amount of dps
    for high command youre gonna want the belt/wilfreds ring, or RR and Wilfreds ring to get the most dps, and for talents you'll want demonic calling, impending doom and hand of doom. some people run darkglare I like soul conduit

Quote Originally Posted by xuros View Post
    What spec choices and legos did you use? On High command i was over 2.3mil dps as demo. I used the belt and the wilfreds for my legos.
    I use shins spite for 15% dmg with doom guard and specd service with SC

You're in the top 20? https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...pec=Demonology

Yes I am....

Deleted
    If you're doing 500k dps you're doing something wrong. You're probably the wrong specc, playing wrong and using wrong gear.
    Demo is extremely strong and underrated if you have gear and the knowledge to sustain the specc.
    People whine at high movement but you can basically just use Demonwrath during movement and the dps loss is negliable. On add fights you only cast Demon Wrath.
    If the rotation is annoying for you, play Netherlord ring with Grimoire of Supremacy and shoulder/head. Sims slightly less but makes the rotation incredibly easy.

For add fights you can basically play Doom belt, Supremacy with Infernal + Netherlord ring and the Doom talents while spamming Demon Wrath.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadandlivin View Post
    If you're doing 500k dps you're doing something wrong. You're probably the wrong specc, playing wrong and using wrong gear.
    Demo is extremely strong and underrated if you have gear and the knowledge to sustain the specc.
    People whine at high movement but you can basically just use Demonwrath during movement and the dps loss is negliable. On add fights you only cast Demon Wrath.
    If the rotation is annoying for you, play Netherlord ring with Grimoire of Supremacy and shoulder/head. Sims slightly less but makes the rotation incredibly easy.

For add fights you can basically play Doom belt, Supremacy with Infernal + Netherlord ring
    and the Doom talents while spamming Demon Wrath.
    No, no you don't. Belt and shoulders/wilfreds works great here. Talents go impending doom/hand of guldan/grim of serivce/SC. Can swap out SC for Darkglare if you want to but i find SC works better for sustained damage.
    Last edited by xuros; 2017-12-05 at 07:53 AM.

Deleted
    No, no you don't. Belt and shoulders/wilfreds works great here. Talents go impending doom/hand of guldan/grim of serivce/SC. Can swap out SC for Darkglare if you want to but i find SC works better for sustained damage.
    You should try it You easily maintain 2.9-3.2 million dps on 3 target cleave with Sephuz + Netherlord. I'm not a demo player though, only playing it for fun. Managed to get a 99 parse at 2.3 million dps on Mistress Mythic first time I every tried playing Demo and tbh I played like crap. Used that setup then. It might not be obtimal but it's easy as hell to play and works well.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadandlivin View Post
    You should try it You easily maintain 2.9-3.2 million dps on 3 target cleave with Sephuz + Netherlord. I'm not a demo player though, only playing it for fun. Managed to get a 99 parse at 2.3 million dps on Mistress Mythic first time I every tried playing Demo and tbh I played like crap. Used that setup then. It might not be obtimal but it's easy as hell to play and works well.
    Mistress there were tons od adds that helps with those numbers and haste is soooo good for the spec. Pretty much all demo locks went t with Sephuz and the Belt for the fast/high doom damage . Got you close to 3mil dps on the fight.