Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is this like that South Park episode where the mouth was replaced with their ass? It is literally the only conclusion i can come to as too why EA is vomiting shit from their mouth.
    "when i'm around you i'm like a level 5 metapod. all i can do is harden!"

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The people who cry for censorship aren't going to be buying the game anyway. Censoring it, is going to piss off the people who were going to buy it.
    Barret: It's a good thing we had those Phoenix Downs.
    Cloud: You have the downs!

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    When they compromise integrity, game story telling and structure in order to do so, we should get mad.
    No, we shouldn't get mad. That's pure idiocy that someone's game makes you made.

What you should do is not buy it if it's not what you want.

EA is a business. Their number one priority is making products people can buy so they can turn a profit. And Maximizing that profit is what any good company does. Micro transactions give video game companies way more profits than single player dlc. Its a fact. if 3 million of your units sell for a game maybe a few hundred thousand will actually buy at least 1 dlc for a single player game. As opposed to millions buying micro transactions over and over and over again. EA recognizes this as do other companies.

Micro transactions are not evil. Players need to speak with their wallet and they have been. Do you go to your favorite store and complain that they are selling you too much product? Or maybe your favorite restaurant? If people are buying their micro transactions then they have found a legit source of income to take advantage of. Why would you ask them to make expensive DLC that dont make them any money?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    EA is a business. Their number one priority is making products people can buy so they can turn a profit. And Maximizing that profit is what any good company does. Micro transactions give video game companies way more profits than single player dlc. Its a fact. if 3 million of your units sell for a game maybe a few hundred thousand will actually buy at least 1 dlc for a single player game. As opposed to millions buying micro transactions over and over and over again. EA recognizes this as do other companies.

Micro transactions are not evil. Players need to speak with their wallet and they have been. Do you go to your favorite store and complain that they are selling you too much product? Or maybe your favorite restaurant? If people are buying their micro transactions then they have found a legit source of income to take advantage of. Why would you ask them to make expensive DLC that dont make them any money?
    What is this guy talking abauth? DLC is CUT content from the original game. If it was expansion, then it worth the money, but no DLC is cut content and it always was.

A few examples:
    https://www.bungie.net/ko/Forums/Post/164859105
    https://www.gamespot.com/forums/syst...rese-33369461/

Have you seen the latest video yet in how Ea locked the content behind a incoming paywall, where files are always in game:
    Don't sweat the details!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post

How can you even speak with that huge corporate dick in your mouth? As consumers we have the right to complain and say they are taking it too far.

Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    "single player games are dead, you dont need the single player audience"

Anyone else getting dejavu?
    I wish it was from EA being dead.

It never ceases to amaze me that there's always people defending even the most shadiest of business practices...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    How can you even speak with that huge corporate dick in your mouth? As consumers we have the right to complain and say they are taking it too far.
    This forum has taught me companies can do whatever they want, they are there to make money(Even though they did so without the whole Season pass, Microtranactions and Pre order nonsense).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

They did not do a good enough job so they were let go.
    I do not see the problem here.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    Reading EA statements nowdays gives me the impression, that they are active trying to not innovate.
    Lies and slander! EA innovates all the time! Just look at all the new ways they have come up with to fuck over the people who play their games and all the new ways to try to explain their bullshit design philosophy that, at its core is nothing more than "Step 1: Steal money from gamers. Step 2: Hang the gamers upside down to see if there is anything left. Step 3: ??? Step 4: Profit". What innovation!

Seriously though, I came into this thread hoping to hear that EA was just shutting down as EA since everyone hates them. I was disappointed. They need to just stop.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    This forum has taught me companies can do whatever they want, they are there to make money(Even though they did so without the whole Season pass, Microtranactions and Pre order nonsense).
    Sadly, companies are not content to just "make money". They want to make more money than last year, hence the constant attempts at wider appeal to larger demographics and yadda yadda...

15+ Year Old Account
    I was very disappointed in my bf when he bought bf2, but he said he didn't care and to go be retarded somewhere else.

Quote Originally Posted by MayhemPenguin View Post
    This is old but, oh no a company wanted to make money what ever shall we do
    They could still have made money, they just would have had to put in more effort in making it as opposed to milking a franchise/ game for years through nickel and diming it's customers/ players through DLC.

When it comes to making money, especially in an industry entirely dependent on customers expectations and feedback, the ends do not justify the means and EA has been one of the worst offenders in their means being shitty, blatant, greedy money grabs where they make it obscenely obvious that they care FAR more about the money than they do the customers.

Unfortunately, EA is also one of the largest publishers out there and releases a shitload of games that people want to play. I myself am guilty of this, so they will never get the message that what they're doing isn't OK because they own franchises that people will always pay money to play.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutpile View Post
    No, we shouldn't get mad. That's pure idiocy that someone's game makes you made.

What you should do is not buy it if it's not what you want.
    So nobody should express opinions, concerns or what they want? Gotcha. Just sit idly by and watch your favorite games and franchises get fucked up. Alright.

As many have said before me: You cannot blame a company for making the most money possible (short of crime)

When it comes to EA...my own gripe is big with those suckers. I decided to buy Sims3 a year ago. Old game. Almost a decade. Turns out they still charge 40€ for the base game and 40€ for every single expansion. That means if you want the "complete" Sims3 game, Origin asks you for 400-500€. A 8 year old game. This is beyond expensive, if you ask me.

The only light at the end of the tunnel is Indie games getting really, really awesome thanks to good creation-technologies like HD recordings and editors like blender getting cheaper and better every year.

It will still be some time until the big market is fed up with the monetisation-rituals of the big studios, though.
    Last edited by Nathasil; 2017-11-30 at 06:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Graeham View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me that there's always people defending even the most shadiest of business practices...
    Alot of them prob also use it as justification as to why they pirate games.

Quote Originally Posted by Video Games View Post
    I was very disappointed in my bf when he bought bf2, but he said he didn't care and to go be retarded somewhere else.
    As shitty as the monetization of the game is, it's apparently still a fun game to play, looks amazing and is Star Wars....so people will still pay the money to buy and play it because there's enough there for them to enjoy and justify the price tag.

Kind of what I alluded to before, and is why EA will never care or get the message that people hate their business model...because we still buy their stuff even when we hate how they're selling it.

Deleted
    EA has been the asshole of the games industry for the last two decades and people still buy their shitty games, so its not going to change.

Herald of the Titans Lotus Victoria's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Bunch of mercenaries.

I guess taking away my DeadSpace sequel didn't pan out well for you did it, hmmmmmmmmm?