Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ThatsOurEric View Post
    Man, that Doom game from last year and the new Wolfenstein series must be suffering terribly.
    Remember how Horizon Zero Dawn bombed? How they don't make JRPGs anymore?

Oh wait...
    Wolfenstein 2 is already 50% off after being out a few weeks, so I don't think it sold well. And Horizon Zero Dawn is open-world (i.e. as far from nonlinear as you can get).

weren't they the ones who said no one wants single player games anymore?
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    I want to look you in the eyes as your morals fly out the window. I want to watch the righteousness leave your eyes.

With bioware montreol shut down after andromeda.

Bioware already has one foot in the developer mass grave if Anthem flops they are going to go dor a walk with papa EA.

Then again Bioware died years ago when they became full on EA shills.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ramjb View Post
    Wolfenstein 2 is already 50% off after being out a few weeks, so I don't think it sold well. And Horizon Zero Dawn is open-world (i.e. as far from nonlinear as you can get).
    Wolfenstein also has a season pass however.

Deleted

Suck a dick, EA board, suck a dick.

Visceral Games were making amazing games untill EA wanted to be more involved, shoving cancerous microtransactions into the latest Dead Space and telling them to turn it into a co-op action shooter. And for some random reason they wanted them to make a Battlefield game. Its EA being EA again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by MayhemPenguin View Post
    This is old but, oh no a company wanted to make money what ever shall we do
    Nothing wrong with making money. Are you telling me that they can't make money without using shady practices? Do they need to spend $300 million to advertise a Star Wars game? Apologists like you are why the shit has gotten this bad.

The problem isn't in them feeling their current method is the best way to make money, its in their lying through their teeth trying to make us believe its "what we want" and that we don't want singleplayer games that are story-focused. Despite the massive popularity of games like Mario, Zelda, Dark Souls, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, The Witcher, etc. Even EA's own SWTOR game has been retooled over the years into a mostly singleplayer "KOTOR"-like experience.

What happens then is the whales cause a disproportionate value towards lootboxes and online grinding because they want to use money to show off to others and rub it in their faces, etc. Yet this means that 90% of their customers may actually despise that type of game. Revenue-wise their is more draw, but by actual focus group, it would not. The issue is if they lose the broader market, they lose the whales as well, because they only spend huge money if they can wag around their epeens to lots of people.

In the end though, it all comes down to the same thing: The broader playerbase needs to stop buying these shitty crippled services (I refuse to call it a game) that enable whale behavior.

Yeah Im keeping an eye on any loot box/micro transaction business from now on and not giving them any of my money. I used to not mind if it was cosmetic only in games like Dota 2 buying different skins for the heroes and the base game is free but now I just want the practise gone. And the only language they speak is money

Havent brought an EA title for years and have no desire too. I dont enjoy the sports sims so they have barely any games anyway if you dont feel like playing fifa 2018

A company can pursue profits. That is their business model. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.

There is something wrong with a company engaging in practices that are shady, deceptive, or consumer unfriendly. This is a story about a company that is actively lying, not only about industry demand but about their own business practices. That is worthy of contempt and criticism from consumers.

In other words, oh no consumers want a company to engage in honest and responsible business practices what ever shall we do.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no objection to giving them money, as long as said money is being put towards game quality and not cutting corners to maximize the CEO's personal profit.

I'd tell EA to go rot in hell, but that seems too nice a fate for them at this point.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

10+ Year Old Account
    Point is that Wolfenstein is on its 3rd game (and they are primarily focused on single-player). Furthermore, if the 2nd one
    didn't sell well, I don't see how they could've made a 3rd one, so you are incorrect on that assessment.

And despite being "open world", Horizon : Zero Dawn is still a single-player game.

The point is that EA is fucking retarded to think that strictly single-player games don't sell.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeek Daniels View Post
    EA is a business. Their number one priority is making products people can buy so they can turn a profit. And Maximizing that profit is what any good company does. Micro transactions give video game companies way more profits than single player dlc. Its a fact. if 3 million of your units sell for a game maybe a few hundred thousand will actually buy at least 1 dlc for a single player game. As opposed to millions buying micro transactions over and over and over again. EA recognizes this as do other companies.

Micro transactions are not evil. Players need to speak with their wallet and they have been. Do you go to your favorite store and complain that they are selling you too much product? Or maybe your favorite restaurant? If people are buying their micro transactions then they have found a legit source of income to take advantage of. Why would you ask them to make expensive DLC that dont make them any money?
    EA sure is making bank with those microtransactions from Battlefront 2 right now and their sales are way up! Wait what.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    EA sure is making bank with those microtransactions from Battlefront 2 right now and their sales are way up! Wait what.
    Had a hearty cackle when I walked past a shelf full of 'em while shopping today.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    And they are gonna make them back in the sports games.

Nothing will change as long as gaming has became something mainstream and the companies are capitalizing by the dumb masses.

As i have said many times before, the average human doesnt care about "microtransactions".

They dont really care much about the few extra $ they might spend when the logic is "Ugh, got tired at work, wife is breaking my balls, child is finally 3+ and slept, time for some Fifa/COD/<insert crap game here thats part of the problem>.

Or the average aunt/mother/<insert older clueless person here> "HEY JOHNNY THAT NINTENDO YOU WANTED? (Everything is nintendo but they can tell apart boxes, here is your Ps4 Pro with Star Wars Battlefron and Fifa 2018!"

In other words, my neighbor, your neighbor, is part of the problem.

Gaming being a mainstream thing instead of something "The nerds only do" is part of the problem, and it will never fix itself, deal with it, by not playing those games.
    brilliant attitude to take. "it won't matter so why bother?"
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Make great games... end of story.

Stop looking for ways and opportunities to squeeze your customers for every last cent.

People pay for quality.

Hell people usually fork out an additional $20-40 for fucking soundtrack and a plastic figurine. Make "collector's editions".

The issue is that they aren't looking to make a quality game that people will love, they're just looking for their next money grab.

It pretty insulting to other members in the industry who actual pride themselves in their craft and the product they deliver to their customers, and a total disregard and lack of understanding their customer base.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    brilliant attitude to take. "it won't matter so why bother?"
    How exactly is my attitude reflected on that post? I am just talking reality.

Companies like EA, are not for people that would frequent a forum like mmo-champion.

I havent bough an AAA title since CoD:MW 1/2 back when they werent shit, aka 10 years ago, and never will buy anything labeled "AAA" i know better.

But reality stands, as i live in a country were EA's market is all about, the average idiot that doesnt care about anything other than his football.

The same people that dont have money to pay the gas to heat their house but they -must buy- the latest Fifa.

Other major titles arent any different, i just use Fifa cause it reflects Greece 100%.

Wolf isnt at 50% because of the quality of the game, it is at 50% because Steam is full of retarded nazis and SJWs and other mentally challenged people who are MUH OFFENDED by the game, and the steam review system is exploitable to infinity and beyond.

Quote Originally Posted by Puzzony View Post
    Wolf isnt at 50% because of the quality of the game, it is at 50% because Steam is full of retarded nazis and SJWs and other mentally challenged people who are MUH OFFENDED by the game, and the steam review system is exploitable to infinity and beyond.
    Care to link to anything that actually supports your claims? Scrolled through a few pages and all the bad reviews are about bad tech, boring story and badly censored german version. Nobody offended by the game content. Exact opposite of everything you said.

Quote Originally Posted by Katchii View Post
    As shitty as the monetization of the game is, it's apparently still a fun game to play, looks amazing and is Star Wars....so people will still pay the money to buy and play it because there's enough there for them to enjoy and justify the price tag.

Kind of what I alluded to before, and is why EA will never care or get the message that people hate their business model...because we still buy their stuff even when we hate how they're selling it.
    Such a fun game to play that people are rubber banding their controllers and AFK'ing in games to earn credits. Yep. You got us.

Quote Originally Posted by Ausr View Post
    Such a fun game to play that people are rubber banding their controllers and AFK'ing in games to earn credits. Yep. You got us.
    Some people do cheap stupid shit to cheat or exploit a game mechanic. More news at 11.