Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    its the only way they could have got a result, make the game tight and hope for a bit of luck in the final third.

Its whatever, life will go on, Spain beating iran is no big deal. I just think VAR takes a bit of magic out of the game and makes it less enjoyable to watch
    For me its the mobbing the ref and all the diving and flopping by S. Americans....

It's strange, it seems clear to me Iran can play offensive football after the Spanish goal. They turned into a completely different team and were still fine defensively. Yet they chose to put 11 men behind the ball until that first goal.

I can see them giving Portugal's defense all sorts of issues if they play that latter type of game.

The Unstoppable Force RobertoCarlos's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    For me its the mobbing the ref and all the diving and flopping by S. Americans....
    Spain are notorious for ref mobbing. That kinda shit is annoying I agree.

and dont get me started on neymar. All that talent and he wastes it trying to do fifa 19 tricks instead of being decisive

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LoLcano View Post
    Well 1-0 was quite good result for Iran . i expected hella more from Spain vs a poor team . what a shitty goal that was .

Yeah that not gonna happen , the day Iran beat Portugal is the day Ronaldo should say good bye to football .
    LOL, portugal played exactly like Iran today and parked a damn bus after they got their goal. If Iran can play against spain like this then they can def play better against Portugal in an all-in battle.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Are you saying Portugal played well lol? Did you watch the match? They were really poor defensively and gifted Morocco many clear-cut chances which Morocco failed to capitalize. Against better teams they would have been roasted.
    Never said they played well, on the contrary: they mostly play for damage control and in the hopes that Ronaldo will deliver.

They remind me of 1994 Brazil, who was far from a brilliant team and played on the hopes that Romario would deliver.

10+ Year Old Account
    Here lies David St. Hubbins, and why not?
    What was Gareth Southgate doing in the woods?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/world-cup-2...hgates-injury/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    The highest score for now would have been yielded by Russia/Mexico/Senegal/Japan.
    I don't care...out of those groups, I am hoping for them.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Quote Originally Posted by Unalorian View Post
    Never said they played well, on the contrary: they mostly play for damage control and in the hopes that Ronaldo will deliver.

They remind me of 1994 Brazil, who was far from a brilliant team and played on the hopes that Romario would deliver.
    It's no secret that Portugal is nothing without Ronaldo, but 1994 Brazil is very underrated. It also had Bebeto, Dunga, Branco, Cafu, and Tafarel who was considered the goalkeeper of that Cup. The 94 team had no brilliant super stars, but it was a very well-rounded team, decent at offense, mid-field, defense and a great goalkeeper. If anything, it was the closest Brazil ever got to playing like an European team, it's why it's my favorite Brazilian squad that I've seen. No tricks, no superstars, but well-rounded with a great finisher in Romario. That dude would not miss a goal if you put the ball on his foot in front of the opposing goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    It's no secret that Portugal is nothing without Ronaldo, but 1994 Brazil is very underrated. It also had Bebeto, Dunga, Branco, Cafu, and Tafarel who was considered the goalkeeper of that Cup. The 94 team had no brilliant super stars, but it was a very well-rounded team, decent at offense, mid-field, defense and a great goalkeeper. If anything, it was the closest Brazil ever got to playing like an European team, it's why it's my favorite Brazilian squad that I've seen. No tricks, no superstars, but well-rounded with a great finisher in Romario. That dude would not miss a goal if you put the ball on his foot in front of the opposing goal.
    Totally agree with you, but Romario was definitely a global superstar back then.

World Cup ending injury for Pepe right here, NSFW so don't view it if you are squeamish

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valeron View Post
    World Cup ending injury for Pepe right here

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Totally agree with you, but Romario was definitely a global superstar back then.
    True, he did play internationally, but was he as highly publicized as Ronaldo, Ronaldinho Gaucho and even Neymar? Because the FOX Brazil match commercial for some reason shows Neymar aspiring to be as great at Pele, Ronaldo and Ronaldinho Gaucho as soccer greats, and for whatever reason omits Romario, just one example. Not to mention by 1998, Romario was actually cut from the Brazilian squad, mind you, 1998 was when Brazil lost to France 3-0 in the final and Ronaldo didn't deliver. Makes you wonder if Romario had been playing, I know he was older but he was still actively playing. Couldn't have been worse than losing 3-0 to France in the final.

- - - Updated - - -

World Cup ending injury for Pepe right here, NSFW so don't view it if you are squeamish

LOL!!! You win the thread for the night.

10+ Year Old Account
    Pepe is a clown. I guess the only upside is that he's 35 and we won't have to see his mug face next WC again.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    True, he did play internationally, but was he as highly publicized as Ronaldo, Ronaldinho Gaucho and even Neymar?
    Of course he wasnt, in the mid-90s most people had no internet at home, there were no such things as social media: Romario would probably be as publicized as the others if he was a bit younger.

I also never said 1994 Brazil was crap for that matter, I compared it to nowadays Portugal because, at that time in history, Parreira was pragmatic: he knew the game style wouldnt be pretty to watch, but he "fixed" brazilian defensive issues so they would have a better shot at winning, which in the end happened luckily for him. If Parreira lose that WC, he would be reminded today just like Lazaroni, who tried exactly same thing in 1990.

Same as Portugal today, they are being pragmatic and playing for the final score, regardless how.

15+ Year Old Account
    Why the fuck is Pepe allowed to play in this tournament? They should have permanently banned him for shit like that.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

I wonder who she is Supporting ?

Mary, Crown Princess of Denmark, Countess of Monpezat, R.E. (Mary Elizabeth; née Donaldson; born 5 February 1972) is the wife of Frederik, Crown Prince of Denmark. Frederik is the heir apparent to the throne, which means that should Frederik succeed, she will automatically become Queen of Denmark.

The couple met at the Slip Inn, a pub in Sydney when the prince was visiting Australia during the 2000 Summer Olympics. Their official engagement in 2003 and their marriage the following year was the subject of extensive attention from Australian and European news media, which portrayed the marriage as a modern "fairytale" romance between a prince and a commoner.[2]

Queen Mary is Australian Born... I wonder who the Queen of Denmark is supporting?

I say the Queen is supporting a DRAW...

VAR and its a penalty.. I wonder why they didn't go to VAR yesterday.. Portugal had at least 2 handballs inside the box and 2 tackles inside the box.. 0 VAR.. so inconsistent.

Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooal

australia

onya bro

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess jumping naturally is a foul now lmao. Fucking hell what a shit pen to give.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    I guess jumping naturally is a foul now lmao. Fucking hell what a shit pen to give.
    Well, it is a clear penalty. His hand is not supposed to be there.