Beta Key Giveaway Week 2: Winners have been selected!

Page 56 of 56 FirstFirst ...
    Still not really convinced by Spain. Way too low pace (bit like Brazil's first game). On the other hand, also difficult to play against a team that plays so defensively. However, a lot needs to improve still for Spain to become a serious title contender. However, tournament is long still.

Well 1-0 was quite good result for Iran . i expected hella more from Spain vs a poor team . what a shitty goal that was .

Quote Originally Posted by Mazza View Post
    Iran isn't even out. If they beat Portugal they go through. And I must say Portugal really did not impress today.
    Yeah that not gonna happen , the day Iran beat Portugal is the day Ronaldo should say good bye to football .

Quote Originally Posted by Cairhiin View Post
    But isn't that sports, the better team should win? That's too bad for Iran. Besides Iran showed that with playing a very disciplined game they came close to a result; the Spain goal was unlucky.
    its the only way they could have got a result, make the game tight and hope for a bit of luck in the final third.

Its whatever, life will go on, Spain beating iran is no big deal. I just think VAR takes a bit of magic out of the game and makes it less enjoyable to watch

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    its the only way they could have got a result, make the game tight and hope for a bit of luck in the final third.

Its whatever, life will go on, Spain beating iran is no big deal. I just think VAR takes a bit of magic out of the game and makes it less enjoyable to watch
    Of course, I am not blaming Iran for playing that sort of disciplined game. They executed it to perfection, and even created 2-3 goal scoring chances.

How do you beat Spain if you are Iran? VAR makes the result predictable
    Football isn't Mario Kart. There is no blue shell.

Sometimes the underdog can win, but they do so on the balance of the teams on the day, not some systemic equalising force.

You can argue that it makes the result predictable, but it can just as easily be argued that without VAR that refs have more license to give big teams the benefit of the doubt when a decision shouldn't have gone their way.

For me its the mobbing the ref and all the diving and flopping by S. Americans....

It's strange, it seems clear to me Iran can play offensive football after the Spanish goal. They turned into a completely different team and were still fine defensively. Yet they chose to put 11 men behind the ball until that first goal.

I can see them giving Portugal's defense all sorts of issues if they play that latter type of game.

Quote Originally Posted by Logwyn View Post
    For me its the mobbing the ref and all the diving and flopping by S. Americans....
    Spain are notorious for ref mobbing. That kinda shit is annoying I agree.

and dont get me started on neymar. All that talent and he wastes it trying to do fifa 19 tricks instead of being decisive

Quote Originally Posted by LoLcano View Post
    Well 1-0 was quite good result for Iran . i expected hella more from Spain vs a poor team . what a shitty goal that was .

Yeah that not gonna happen , the day Iran beat Portugal is the day Ronaldo should say good bye to football .
    LOL, portugal played exactly like Iran today and parked a damn bus after they got their goal. If Iran can play against spain like this then they can def play better against Portugal in an all-in battle.

The Patient
    Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    Are you saying Portugal played well lol? Did you watch the match? They were really poor defensively and gifted Morocco many clear-cut chances which Morocco failed to capitalize. Against better teams they would have been roasted.
    Never said they played well, on the contrary: they mostly play for damage control and in the hopes that Ronaldo will deliver.

They remind me of 1994 Brazil, who was far from a brilliant team and played on the hopes that Romario would deliver.

What was Gareth Southgate doing in the woods?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/world-cup-2...hgates-injury/

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    The highest score for now would have been yielded by Russia/Mexico/Senegal/Japan.
    I don't care...out of those groups, I am hoping for them.
    “Life is and will ever remain an equation incapable of solution, but it contains certain known factors.”

Quote Originally Posted by Unalorian View Post
    Never said they played well, on the contrary: they mostly play for damage control and in the hopes that Ronaldo will deliver.

They remind me of 1994 Brazil, who was far from a brilliant team and played on the hopes that Romario would deliver.
    It's no secret that Portugal is nothing without Ronaldo, but 1994 Brazil is very underrated. It also had Bebeto, Dunga, Branco, Cafu, and Tafarel who was considered the goalkeeper of that Cup. The 94 team had no brilliant super stars, but it was a very well-rounded team, decent at offense, mid-field, defense and a great goalkeeper. If anything, it was the closest Brazil ever got to playing like an European team, it's why it's my favorite Brazilian squad that I've seen. No tricks, no superstars, but well-rounded with a great finisher in Romario. That dude would not miss a goal if you put the ball on his foot in front of the opposing goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyphael View Post
    It's no secret that Portugal is nothing without Ronaldo, but 1994 Brazil is very underrated. It also had Bebeto, Dunga, Branco, Cafu, and Tafarel who was considered the goalkeeper of that Cup. The 94 team had no brilliant super stars, but it was a very well-rounded team, decent at offense, mid-field, defense and a great goalkeeper. If anything, it was the closest Brazil ever got to playing like an European team, it's why it's my favorite Brazilian squad that I've seen. No tricks, no superstars, but well-rounded with a great finisher in Romario. That dude would not miss a goal if you put the ball on his foot in front of the opposing goal.
    Totally agree with you, but Romario was definitely a global superstar back then.