Poll: Vote for BEST Antorus boss

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Only completed normal so far, but for me, Argus is definitely the best end raid boss since Thunder King. Cool and new mechanics in every phase and amazing visuals, just a great boss all around. Imonar, Kin'Garoth, Coven and Aggramar were great as well, tho not very creative. Special thanks to Garothi Worldbreaker for being one of the most entertaining first bosses ever.

Eonar is probably the worst fight in WoW history tho.

Coven is easily the most annoying RNG filled fight in the raid. Aggramar is pretty boring, I've never been really keen on intermission style fights. Argus is pretty cool, the death mechanic is new and interesting. Eonar I expected to be more fun than it actually is; The fight sort of just ends and has a 'that was it?' feeling too it.

Varimthras is easily the worst, Coven on heroic is a nightmare too.

I like Argus and Kin'garoth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Eonar is the absolute worst. Yay trash for 5 minutes, then loot!
    Best: I'm not sure, I've only done heroic once, but so far it looks like Aggramar or High Command

Deleted
    Coven was fun, having probably the most mechanics...

everything else just felt weak...

Aggramar was kind of underwhelming and Argus even more so...

After a second run through Heroic, I think my vote goes to Aggramar for a favorite. I like the dynamic of Taesalarch Technique, like the coordination required for the adds, like that the intermissions are quite short and sweet. It has a great flow to it; my only wish is that he progressively enraged or something sub 20%, forcing you to kill him before Flame Rend just one shots the raid. As it is, he's kind of a guaranteed kill once you get the second wave of adds down.

Worst I'd say is Coven, because of the overlaps and RNG. As melee this boss sucks, especially in a large raid, and the randomness on the placement of safe zones can screw you over pretty badly.

Purely in terms of visuals however, Argus very easily takes the crown. He may be the most impressive boss ever on that front.

is Eonar Heroic any better? We were falling asleep by how easy it was on normal. Te mobs were tuned lower than trash packs.

Deleted
    Coven is by far the most entertaining and challenging boss in, at least, hc mode. Aggramar and Argus have nice things, but both are too easy for end bosses and Argus is lacking mechanics, specially in p1 and p2 where nothing basically happens. Feels like a TBC boss.
    The rest of the bosses are ok: movement, adds, things to be aware of with a big amount of different mechanics.
    Eonar and Varimathras are the worst for me: Eonar is a semi afk aoe spam boss that changes almost nothing in MM and Varimathras is a dummy: move from a to b each 15 seg and move away with dot. Again, seems like a TBC boss.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ThePlague View Post
    Coven is by far the most entertaining and challenging boss in, at least, hc mode. Aggramar and Argus have nice things, but both are too easy for end bosses and Argus is lacking mechanics, specially in p1 and p2 where nothing basically happens. Feels like a TBC boss.
    The rest of the bosses are ok: movement, adds, things to be aware of with a big amount of different mechanics.
    Eonar and Varimathras are the worst for me: Eonar is a semi afk aoe spam boss that changes almost nothing in MM and Varimathras is a dummy: move from a to b each 15 seg and move away with dot. Again, seems like a TBC boss.
    Vari is the obligatory patchwerk boss in the tier. You know, like maiden in ToS, Krosus in NH, or Xavius in EN.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    is Eonar Heroic any better? We were falling asleep by how easy it was on normal. Te mobs were tuned lower than trash packs.
    It's really not.

My favourite two were Kin'garoth because it was fun to tank and the felt is very engaging. Eonar because it's unique and flying around was fun as hell. Least favourite was coven by a landslide because of the over lapping mechanics that insta wreck dps and healers. Coven just feels sloppy and clunky in general. About Eonar, yes it was easy and basically free loot even on heroic but the fights I enjoy most aren't always going to be the KJ's and Helyas (I love those two fights). Eonar was fun plain and simple. It was a great change of pace.
    Ltachilles
    <Forgotten Guardians>
    Area-52

So is the one I click in the poll supposed to be best or worst?

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Ko Lee View Post
    So is the one I click in the poll supposed to be best or worst?
    Read the poll title?

Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    Read the poll title?
    Doh! Ok you're right. I read the thread title and missed to poll question.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

As a tank? Varimathras is by far the most boring of the lot.. Or maybe felhounds as Varimathras atleast requires a tank swap every 7 seconds.

The best I'd say Aggrammar or Argus, none of them are super complex but I love the visuals.

Best - Aggramar > Argus

Worst - "Eonar" < Varimathras

Quote Originally Posted by yolock View Post
    I enjoyed the Coven and Varimathras. The rest were a borefest tbh.
    Can't take this comment seriously tbh. What's fun about Varimathras? You move slightly to the left or right, and you sit still the rest of the fight.
    Last edited by Ulfric Trumpcloak; 2017-12-06 at 08:34 AM.

Deleted
    Best: Aggramar
    Worst: Coven of Shivarra. How anyone can enjoy this RNG Tomb-esque shit show is beyond me.

Deleted
    Best encounter to play: Aggramar.
    Best encounter visually: Argus.
    Worst encounter in all ways: Varimathras. With Eonar they at least tried to be creative.

I loved the whole place and most of the bosses.

Best: Argus. It's epic ! Great design, if a bit undertuned for heroic. Aggramar is a very close second, and I commend the encounter design team for it. On paper it's near perfect. Visuals and significance make it lose to Argus imho.

Worst (but not bad, really): Probably Coven, just because of RNG deaths.

Deleted
    I really like the first boss.
    Not very hard, but a nice entry level boss, if they tuned him up a bit more he'd have been solid.

The worst is definitely Eonar ... this is the Akama (BT) of this raid. Basically free loot.

The best I would say is Aggramar and Argus, the encounter and boss design/room just feels epic.