Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Age got nothing to do with it man I'm almost the same age and I can go to work for 10-15 hours... come home sit up all night... watch movies play games e.t.c So age is not the problem I can tell u that :>

Yeah, age is a big factor. I also think games are getting shittier. Why is mega man and super mario bros. still fun as hell whereas most modern games lose my interest in less than an hour? Why does seemingly every game nowadays require so much commitment? When I was younger and played games I would actually read text from NPC's. Now that I'm older there's not a chance in hell I'm going to do that. I don't really have the patience for it anymore.

A good example of a game that doesn't do this is PUBG. It drops you in right away and there's almost no commitment, it's immediately gratifying. Look at the size of it's player base. Platformers are good at this too, but they're pretty much a dead genre. I mean, mario odyssey has outsold every other game on Amazon and it's only been out a week. Maybe social media / cell phones and the internet made everyone impatient when it comes to stimulating your mind.