Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    It would be a pre-order feature Acidic

Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    4 isn't a huge deal I admit but it's not something that is the end of the world.

Other bags will just keep getting bigger in return. I have a shit ton of free bagspace.

I imagine with the hardcoding this was all they could do.

The point of this is to encourage account security over anything else.
    My bags are always full, 3 separate sets and all, if I didn't already have an auth, 4 slots wouldn't make me get off my ass to download it. They should have kept trying and gotten it up to 10 at least, they could probably do it with a little more effort.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    Referring to the idea of Allied Races being in 7.3.5; while I would also love this, I am puzzled by it. How would they enforce it? This is a feature of BFA technically no? So wouldn't it stand to reason that only accounts that purchase BFA would be able to play as those races? Which would imply we wouldn't be able to play as them until after release?

Or are the people talking about having them for 7.3.5 just referring to the quests to unlock them and having them join our factions so that we could start BFA using say, a Nightborne or Void Elf on launch day?
    Preorder BfA on battle.net now and start playing as Highmountain, Nightborne, Vold Elves and Lightforged today! Done. :P

10+ Year Old Account

A bit underwhelming, but still a start.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenixXI View Post
    Preorder BfA on battle.net now and start playing as Highmountain, Nightborne, Vold Elves and Lightforged today! Done. :P
    This is exactly how they did the Demon Hunters were if you pre ordered Legion you got to play DH a week or 2 early.

Hm, I can tell from those minimap images. The one named Lightforged Draenei is a snippet of Tanaan Jungle map. South of the zone.
    & The one named Void Elf is that zone above Eastern Plaguelands and SouthWest of Ghostlands. (Quel'Thalas zone, it's empty apart from some Night Elven structures and has invisible walls all around it)

I wonder what they could mean. Is there any more information on these maps?

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakaryy View Post
    Hm, I can tell from those minimap images. The one named Lightforged Draenei is a snippet of Tanaan Jungle map. South of the zone.
    & The one named Void Elf is that zone above Eastern Plaguelands and SouthWest of Ghostlands. (Quel'Thalas zone, it's empty apart from some Night Elven structures and has invisible walls all around it)

I wonder what they could mean. Is there any more information on these maps?
    Starting scenarios likely

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    They made it sound a little better then 4, 4 is nothing, not even worth it if you didn't already have an authenticator
    they said you would upgrade your backpack if you add an authenticator. they said nothing about how much. dont be overly dramatic about it.

My bags are always full, 3 separate sets and all, if I didn't already have an auth, 4 slots wouldn't make me get off my ass to download it. They should have kept trying and gotten it up to 10 at least, they could probably do it with a little more effort.
    Blizzard just needs to make 1 bad ass mount tied to the authenticator and everyone will use it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by fattbeard View Post
    This is exactly how they did the Demon Hunters were if you pre ordered Legion you got to play DH a week or 2 early.
    Yep, it makes even more sense to let us have (some of) the allied races earlier than 8.0 because it gives us something todo for a bit and lets people who want to play BfA as them level them up to 110 and not have to rush/use a boost and miss out on the armour set.

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Starting scenarios likely
    Allied races start inside the faction capital cities, they don't have starting zones to play through, it might have something to do with unlocking the races instead perhaps.

A wasted oportunity with the bag upgrade.. would have been better for them to make a silly quest line where one npc says: " Are you telling me that you visited a destroyed planet, killed the undead king, slayed the origin of the cataclysm, traveled to mysterious land, even time travel for god sake ! and still got that old ragged bag with you ? !!! no more ! here go on an epic quest to bring me materials for a bag superior to all bags !

pd: omg new race mounts incoming !!!!!! that void elf mount !!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, 10/10 will faction change to play Tauren Druid.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkPhoenixXI View Post
    Trouble with that for me is I collect the box version of the CE for WoW, which they never have up for pre-order anywhere close to the same time as digital. I always end up getting gimped out of early access CE perks because I want to get the box CE =(

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Eleccybubb View Post
    I imagine because the backpack is hardcoded they couldn't have risked any more without breaking it.

To be honest though with how big backpacks are nowadays it's not a huge issue.
    I don’t think that’s a legit reason, there’s no reason they couldn’t bake the old key ring slot into a bag.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daemos daemonium View Post
    I don’t think that’s a legit reason, there’s no reason they couldn’t bake the old key ring slot into a bag.
    Because you know exactly how that was coded right?

- - - Updated - - -

So that is pretty damn close to confirming BFA preorder bonus of being able to play those four allied races... leaving zandalari and dwarves for BFA content.

Why the hell are the Lightforged in WoD Draenor? I wonder if those Draenei eventually joined up with the Army of the Light and that's who we get as the playable "faction" of Lightforged. If so, wonder if we'll see more of Yrel.

They made it sound a little better then 4, 4 is nothing, not even worth it if you didn't already have an authenticator
    They specifically said slightly more bag space. That's just a comprehension problem on your end if you thought they meant more then 4.

Sunwell Unlock Area....

Deleted
    Well, i think blizzard just destroyed the hope of Allied Races in 7.3.5

10 min ago

Welcome to the Patch 7.3.5 Public Test Realm! This patch includes several new updates and content, and also lays some of the groundwork for the upcoming Battle for Azeroth expansion.

Our biggest focus for testing during this PTR period will be on the new level 1-100 zone and dungeon scaling we’re introducing with 7.3.5. This is an extensive change to how loot, quests, and creatures work in the open world, so we’re going to need as much feedback as we can get about how things are working out. We’ll have some more details in the coming days about how you can best help us make sure this new feature rolls out as smoothly as possible.

Other features you’ll see on the PTR over the next few weeks include Ulduar Timewalking, a preview of the new Silithus Battleground, and a few other bits of content that get into the aftermath of the events in Antorus and set the stage for the upcoming conflict in Battle for Azeroth. Note that since development of the new expansion is now in full swing, datamining sites are likely to see some bits and pieces of features that are part of Battle for Azeroth (such as Allied Races).

As we’ve done for similar patches in Legion, we’ll be providing updates throughout the PTR process that give insight into what’s being made available for testing and what sort of feedback would be most helpful. Thanks for checking it out, and happy testing!