Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

[VOTE] Future Allied Races

Dear MMO-Champion community,

I need your help for some content I am creating. I need to know your answer to this question:

If you could pick one Allied Race to be introduced to the game, what would it be?
    There will be only (1) race you can vote for, so choose wisely. If I did not include the race you wish to play, please post it in the thread below.

Sorry I couldn't use strawpoll, as it is limited to 30 options.

Thank you very much =)

http://www.poll-maker.com/poll1960018x8e744C5E-51

- - - Updated - - -

Here are the results: https://youtu.be/3fNy5aSs72c
    Last edited by Keihndeth; 2017-12-07 at 02:13 PM. Reason: UPDATED

Deleted
    I want most of these, if not all of them, but I voted for Ethereal.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Keep in mind allied races and new races are different. Allied races use established animations while new races have an entire new skeleton rig.
    So with that in mind, the ones I know could work on an existing race that I'd love to see is:

Vrykul, Man'ari(eredar), Vulpera and Mok'nathal. Mok'nathal because it would be a nice middle ground for the players that want ogres

Quote Originally Posted by TriHard View Post
    Keep in mind allied races and new races are different. Allied races use established animations while new races have an entire new skeleton rig.
    So with that in mind, the ones I know could work on an existing race that I'd love to see is:

Vrykul, Man'ari(eredar), Vulpera and Mok'nathal. Mok'nathal because it would be a nice middle ground for the players that want ogres
    If you had to pick one race, what would it be? I'm trying to gauge passion for the races. Which one would you main.

Making me choose one new race between Ethereals and Arrakoa is fucked up.

I chose Ethereals, but still, fucked up.

For the record, I think this is a terrible poll -- Allied Races are not the same as "new races" and especially in terms of work for Blizzard. I don't think it's worth lumping entirely separate models with reskins of current races.

I'd take Arrakoa and Ethereals for new races, thinner prettier humans+High Elves for Allied Races, in a perfect poll.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keihndeth View Post
    If you had to pick one race, what would it be? I'm trying to gauge passion for the races. Which one would you main.
    I'd choose Vrykul for the alliance because I think it's about time they got a big brute race, I feel like it's also natural that the alliance would gain one ally out of the Broken Shores compared to the horde that ended up with two, and Sylvanas tried to take control of their Val'kyr so I feel like they've got a reason to not side with the horde.

They obviously need to be scaled down a notch, but that's doable while still making them look great. I am quite sure I remember encountering a few smaller vrykul in the past.

And Chris robinson did say the character creator is something they've ignored for far too long, so I don't think "Arathi humans" or "Kul tiras humans" will be an allied race, it'll probably be something they work into the potentially new character creator in the future (fat humans, etc)

Quote Originally Posted by ninthbelief View Post
    Making me choose one new race between Ethereals and Arrakoa is fucked up.

I chose Ethereals, but still, fucked up.

For the record, I think this is a terrible poll -- Allied Races are not the same as "new races" and especially in terms of work for Blizzard. I don't think it's worth lumping entirely separate models with reskins of current races.

I'd take Arrakoa and Ethereals for new races, thinner prettier humans+High Elves for Allied Races, in a perfect poll.
    That's your opinion. This poll is perfect for what I need it for. you're confusing Sub Races with Allied Races. Allied Races can be any race in the game theoretically. They don't have to originate from one of the core races.

Brown Orcs. I want it now, even though I play alliance

That's your opinion. This poll is perfect for what I need it for. you're confusing Sub Races with Allied Races. Allied Races can be any race in the game theoretically. They don't have to originate from one of the core races.
    I'm pretty sure if Allied Races could be any race in the game theoretically, they wouldn't all be modified versions of current race models and would have been announced as new races instead of as Allied Races.

???

Quote Originally Posted by ninthbelief View Post
    I'm pretty sure if Allied Races could be any race in the game theoretically, they wouldn't all be modified versions of current race models and would have been announced as new races instead of as Allied Races.

???
    Rigs and art will have to be adjust for almost any allied race being added.

Aren't Uncursed Gilneans just average humans? Like what makes them special, or am I missing something?

Ogres, please!
    It's been like 10 years and one race that's been part of the Horde since Founding of Durotar isn't playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Nirathiel View Post
    Aren't Uncursed Gilneans just average humans? Like what makes them special, or am I missing something?
    Tess Greymane is an uncursed Gilnean. Im sure they could add a slightly unique human model like the Kul Tirans. Like that.

Broken Draenei for Alliance, Maghar Orcs for Horde.

I voted for Ethereals.

That being said, I want them to implement something that likely won't happen, but makes sense to me: In this battle for Azeroth, lines are clearly drawn in the sand. You align with either the horde or alliance. In fact, some of your own previous allies have decided to "defect" and seek asylum with the other side. This means, by completing a certain quest at 110 or higher, you can switch factions, without changing your race. Alliance Undead and Tauren... Horde Humans and Gnomes... think of how cool that would be, and could TOTALLY make sense in this expansion where it's so political!!
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Quote Originally Posted by Symphonic View Post
    In fact, some of your own previous allies have decided to "defect" and seek asylum with the other side. This means, by completing a certain quest at 110 or higher, you can switch factions, without changing your race. Alliance Undead and Tauren... Horde Humans and Gnomes... think of how cool that would be, and could TOTALLY make sense in this expansion where it's so political!!
    I always thought that when you faction swapped you should have had to keep your old race. You could have a " the traitor" title, no rep with the races, and half the NPCS /spit at you but it'd be great for the RPG part of the game.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Rigs and art will have to be adjust for almost any allied race being added.
    Yes, which is why they are called Allied Races, and not new races. Adjustment is different than creating a new model from scratch, which is what they'd do for new races. If the model is already compatible with gear, then it's an Allied Race -- meaning it's either a subrace or a current race's model with different textures. I'm saying that this is a terrible poll because you've grouped Allied Races that would take an adjusted rig and new races that would need a new rig. You responded by saying "No dude, any new race can be an allied race", then proceeded to explain how Allied Races aren't the same as new races for me.

I don't really get why I had to type this out.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some (most) of those would benefit of an actual RACE skeleton, instead of reusing one of the old ones.

Undead Humans (Nathanos). Hate to break it to you but all undead player characters were/are human. What happened to Nathanos is his soul was put into his brothers body, so now Sylvanas can fap to something that isn't decaying.

Vulpera ftw!!

Next one would be Forsaken elves.