Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Keihndeth View Post
    Tess Greymane is an uncursed Gilnean. Im sure they could add a slightly unique human model like the Kul Tirans. Like that.
    And Tess is just a regular human. You don't have any actual argument there.

FEL ORCS

gimme some red goodness.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    And Tess is just a regular human. You don't have any actual argument there.
    Tess is a Gilnean, not from Stormwind like our player characters. They are supposed to have different attributes. Kul Tiras humans are from Gilneas originally. How do you explain them looking differently? With that logic, Kul Tirasians shouldn't have their own model either.

If anyone payed attention, (or went back for some loremaster with their spanking new DH), the new head of the pirates up there in the questing zone mentioned how Tuskarr die when in warmer climates.

Surprised no one said Banshee undead. Suppose they could "possess" their mounts to make sense of the one real thing that could hold them back as a neat playable race.

10+ Year Old Account
    I voted for grummies, I love those little fellas.

Highly unlikely as an "allied" race, but Hozen would be the best race ever. You'd literally have 100% of the playerbase ooking people in the dooker.

I think Saurok should be added to the list.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

I chose Dryads, I always wanted to play one. But my second pick would have been High elves and Vulpera.

7+ Year Old Account
    Mok'nathal. That would make my days on WoW amazingly even better.

"Only Beasts are above deceit" - Rexxar

7+ Year Old Account
    Arakkoa for sure!

That's your opinion. This poll is perfect for what I need it for. you're confusing Sub Races with Allied Races. Allied Races can be any race in the game theoretically. They don't have to originate from one of the core races.
    Nah, it's you confusing Allied Races with New Races. If they wanted to add something completetly new, with new starting zone, animations, mounts, they would just call them new race.

Allied Races is just a fancy name for sub race. They use exisiting assets, like animations or mounts, modify them a bit, slap new racials on it, strain from creating new starting zone and boom. Even their customisation options are limited (probably because they assume they are just extension of their core races, so they shouldn't be looked at as a standalone race when it comes to customisation options).

10+ Year Old Account
    I am just saying that since Vanilla I been wanting Furbolgs...

They, like Children of Ceanrius (Dryad and Keeper of the Grove)are an actual allied race of the Alliance, well a small sect of them are, like the Timbermaw and that tribe in Azuremyst Isle that I forgot the name of and for the love of god I will get my frikkin Furbolg race. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Hiricine View Post
    Highly unlikely as an "allied" race, but Hozen would be the best race ever. You'd literally have 100% of the playerbase ooking people in the dooker.
    As a Horde race it's plorable, as the Hozen allied with them in Jade Forest, at the same time the Alliance must have the Jinju though :P
    Last edited by Orby; 2017-12-01 at 12:21 PM.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

They are supposed to have different attributes.
    You mean "I want them to have different attributes", not "they are supposed to". Because they aren't.

Kul Tirans actually have a vastly different lifestyle with their major naval focus and constant fighting against monsters. Gilneans weren't all that different from Stormwindians up until the Worgen crisis. There were no major differences in this regard between any of the continental human kingdoms. (Dalaran is a magocratic city state made up from people from all kingdoms, so it doesn't count here)

It certainly doesn't help that Stormwinds population is likely made up of a hodgepodge of them anyway, what with it being destroyed in the first Orc/Human war and rebuild after the second after they had fled all the way to Lordaeron.

Deleted
    If Iron Horde would be a option i would take that.

Since it will have all different Orc clan options in them not just limit it toward one.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You mean "I want them to have different attributes", not "they are supposed to". Because they aren't.

Kul Tirans actually have a vastly different lifestyle with their major naval focus and constant fighting against monsters. Gilneans weren't all that different from Stormwindians up until the Worgen crisis. There were no major differences in this regard between any of the continental human kingdoms. (Dalaran is a magocratic city state made up from people from all kingdoms, so it doesn't count here)

It certainly doesn't help that Stormwinds population is likely made up of a hodgepodge of them anyway, what with it being destroyed in the first Orc/Human war and rebuild after the second after they had fled all the way to Lordaeron.
    That is a lot of head-canon man. Like I said, men of Kul Tiras are direct descendants from Gilneas. Giving Gilneans a unique model isn't out of the question.

That is a lot of head-canon man. Like I said, men of Kul Tiras are direct descendants from Gilneas. Giving Gilneans a unique model isn't out of the question.
    No, they're not. Their ancestors almost 3 millenia ago were descendants of people that made a short stop in Gilneas. Chances are you're more closely related to somebody in ancient rome than they are to Gilneans.

More than anything, I'd like all the important races on each faction to be playable. The ones we see throughout our leveling experiences, the ones we've seen driving the story through multiple expansions, the ones who continue to be foundational members of their factions.

These are
    Horde: Mag'har Orcs, Forsaken Elves, Ogres
    Alliance: Wildhammer Dwarves, High Elves, Broken Draenei

There are other technical allies, like Revantusk or Jinyu, but these have only been relevant in single expansions. I think each faction should be complete, in allowing players to roll its most iconic races.

Quote Originally Posted by Chemical Ellis View Post
    More than anything, I'd like all the important races on each faction to be playable. The ones we see throughout our leveling experiences, the ones we've seen driving the story through multiple expansions, the ones who continue to be foundational members of their factions.

These are
    Horde: Mag'har Orcs, Forsaken Elves, Ogres
    Alliance: Wildhammer Dwarves, High Elves, Broken Draenei

There are other technical allies, like Revantusk or Jinyu, but these have only been relevant in single expansions. I think each faction should be complete, in allowing players to roll its most iconic races.
    Forest Trolls should be included. It should include races as far as WC3 imho. WC2 has been retconned so heavily at this point that its basically a different game.

I absolutely love Hozen. The way they talk is hilarious. They have my vote.
    Ltachilles
    <Forgotten Guardians>
    Area-52