Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Baroclinic View Post
    If anyone payed attention, (or went back for some loremaster with their spanking new DH), the new head of the pirates up there in the questing zone mentioned how Tuskarr die when in warmer climates.

Surprised no one said Banshee undead. Suppose they could "possess" their mounts to make sense of the one real thing that could hold them back as a neat playable race.
    This has been retconned or misinterpreted since there are tuskarr in the Darkmoon Faire and one in Pandaria.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Keihndeth View Post
    Tess Greymane is an uncursed Gilnean. Im sure they could add a slightly unique human model like the Kul Tirans. Like that.
    Most Tirasians are just average humans though and use the standard human model.

OT: I was split between ogres and vrykul, but I ultimately chose vrykul. I love the Norse themes and the barbarian aspect (the Alliance definitely needs more brutish races, especially with the Horde having two elf races).

Vrykul can easily be shrunken down in-game to tauren-size, while ogres in lore only average 8 feet tall (females being a foot shorter). Making them on par with trolls and tauren in terms of height.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think Vrykul will end up being an Allied race, mainly because it seems that the Legion factions are being forced to take a side (as seen with the NB and Highmountain Taurens).

Note: Also thanks to Legion, their model is quite done (for both male and female)

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Honestly so long as we don’t get High Elves or Amani Trolls I’m happy with whatever they choose to put into the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    Honestly so long as we don’t get High Elves or Amani Trolls I’m happy with whatever they choose to put into the game.
    Pretty sure the Void Elves fill the HE place, and Amani Trolls? well unlikely (per faction as they left the Horde because of the Elves) but Forest Trolls in general, may be a possibility (As we have the Revantusk tribe, still i doubt it)

all those votes for high elves. Not after they gave us void elves which have the same model. 4 elf races is enough anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Harpy!

I’m disappointed no one said it yet, I’ve always wanted playable harpies from when I started playing like almost a decade ago.
    "Being bad never felt so good!"

Quote Originally Posted by TheEaterofSouls View Post
    all those votes for high elves. Not after they gave us void elves which have the same model. 4 elf races is enough anyway.
    I think that’s the point of the “experiment” is to prove that the Void Elf addition didn’t placate that subsection of the player base. Not my personal opinion, but I think that’s what he’s driving at.

Why would Forest Trolls be a problem?

7+ Year Old Account
    ogres and vrykul combo would be the best IMO

also is so ad how the damn furry fox people are wining a legion of fanboys for the sake of hype

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keihndeth View Post
    Why would Forest Trolls be a problem?
    Amani getting along with Blood Elves and visa versa is just a no no. Same with High/Void Elves and Humans in the Alliance.

If we're going to have bulky trolls it might as well be frost trolls, they seem much more redeemable.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    This has been retconned or misinterpreted since there are tuskarr in the Darkmoon Faire and one in Pandaria.
    Could be that it only applies to those in slavery conditions. Which might just as easily mean that they simply didn't treat them appropriately.

5+ Year Old Account
    I've wanted Mok'nathal desperately for years and years. Also they aren't just 'half orc / half orge', first generation Mok'nathal are, but anything pass that is part of its own subspecies.

If we're going to have bulky trolls it might as well be frost trolls, they seem much more redeemable.
    Not to be mean, but I think you have a misunderstanding on the trolls atm. Amani are the big/powerful Forest Troll tribe, that have sided with Zul. Forest Trolls as an Allied Race would most likely come from the Revantusk tribe, Allied with Horde, who,don’t have a beef with the Blood Elves.

Wouldn’t mind Frost Trolls either, Winteraxe maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by tkioz View Post
    I've wanted Mok'nathal desperately for years and years. Also they aren't just 'half orc / half orge', first generation Mok'nathal are, but anything pass that is part of its own subspecies.
    I know that, but most people don't know what they are. It was more a description than a matter of fact.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Could be that it only applies to those in slavery conditions. Which might just as easily mean that they simply didn't treat them appropriately.
    That's pretty much my headcanon as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    High Elves

Just to see a few certain forum go-ers lose their minds over it. I won't play them personally.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tkioz View Post
    The problem with them, is as you pointed out, they are not just a mere "half orc / half ogre", they are basically their own subspecies, so it would need more work (completely new models and all that, and having in mind that they are going for simple to implement race, we will most likely just run with Magh'ar Orcs)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    The problem with them, is as you pointed out, they are not just a mere "half orc / half ogre", they are basically their own subspecies, so it would need more work (completely new models and all that, and having in mind that they are going for simple to implement race, we will most likely just run with Magh'ar Orcs)
    Allied races aren't necessarily subraces and models would be worked on regardless. Look at the Nightborne for example.

7+ Year Old Account
    High elves?

Really? Again...

lol, we now have 2 VERSIONS OF DAMNED HIGH ELVES.