Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    dark iron dwarves with their fire-beards,
    I have yet to see dark iron dwarf with fire beard, is this some sort od mandela effect? Or slightly more red beard is considered fire beard?

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    I personally am a subscriber to Red Shirt Guy’s theory on what criteria Blizz might be using for allied races:

-Category One: A variant of an existing race, but with unique customization options beyond different skins. (Highmountain tauren with their antlers, dark iron dwarves with their fire-beards, lightforged draenei with their unique horn styles, runes and tattoos)

-Category Two: A race with a very similar appearance to an existing race, but requiring a heavily reworked model. (Nightborne and Zandalari trolls)

-Category Three: A variant of an existing race, nearly identical to its parent other than skin color, but is available to the opposite faction. (Void elves)

This would essentially eliminate everything from Ogres to Arakkoa. And standard brown Mah’gar Orcs.

So what I think are the most likely 2 new Allied races are Kul’tiran humans for Alliance and Bleeding Hollow Orcs for Horde.
    I completely disagree. I don't think we'll ever see "new races" ever added again with the Allied Race system. Creating 1-20 content (zones, cities, quests) just does nothing for them monetarily. Its not worth their $$. I think the only way you'll see Ethereals or Ogres is via the Allied Race system, as much as I don't like it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hozen for sure

Quote Originally Posted by Andromedes View Post
    I have yet to see dark iron dwarf with fire beard, is this some sort od mandela effect? Or slightly more red beard is considered fire beard?

I voted for vulpera

Don't get the appeal of the big humans, culturally they're not any different from normal Tirasian humans. Why not just normal vrykul?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunnyfae View Post
    I voted for vulpera
    I must know, why do you want Vulpera? I'm shocked at how well they are doing from just a few screenshots at BlizzCon.

Quote Originally Posted by Keihndeth View Post
    I must know, why do you want Vulpera? I'm shocked at how well they are doing from just a few screenshots at BlizzCon.
    People like cute.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Shivarra are missing
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/Shivarra

Quote Originally Posted by Keihndeth View Post
    They are cute and fluffy. I really like short races, maybe cause I am short irl. I like foxes, and kitties. Well basically I have been nicknamed Elmyra, I’m gonna love you and hug you and take you home and call you mine, or how ever she says it. So yeah, if you give me the chance to play a cute fuzzy critter I will.
    I have always preferred playing races other than human for the fantasy feel. I really like druids cause you know....KITTEH.
    I think i like vulpura so much cause they have the critter feel but I can equip the cool armor that is available in game, that is the one draw back of druids.

Deleted
    Most of the choices were just ridiculous, basically everything you've ever seen in the game, while only a few are a good 'allied race' material. You have to remember that races represent their faction, I already hate the fact that Horde has 2 types of elves and to imagine fucking murlocs, drakonoid, arakkoa or dumbass cobra people in it... that's one sad, sad picture.

Arakkoa. Although Naga and some of the other options would all be cool, Arakkoa will always be my number one wish. I would race change my main in a heartbeat.

Not at the top of my list but I would not be at all surprised of Vulpera actually became a thing. They would match up with worgen pretty well and are using the existing goblin skeleton which matches up fairly well with how they have been handling other allied races so far.

When Wildhammer are inevititably made an Allied Race, I want Heritage Armor (and mount) like this:

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    When Wildhammer are inevititably made an Allied Race, I want Heritage Armor (and mount) like this:
    much like maghar orc, dwildhamer dwarfs are no allied race materials, when they are basically the same, but with just another skin or tattoo

while they probably will do the maghar cause of lazy they will not do another dwarf right away

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post

I would love Wildhammer to get that for Heritage Armor too.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    People like cute.
    It helps that Blizz has been underserving that trait in people for a while now. Pandaren were kinda cute as a race, I suppose, but also quite polarizing. And with both WoD and Legion (and to an extent, Cata as well), Blizz made it clear their main focus was "EPIC MOMENTS! BADASS RACES! HRRARR". That's fine once in a while, but overall it gets old fast, which is why people burnt out on Orcs and now on demons. Offsetting it with a cutesy lighthearted Allied Race doesn't seem like a bad idea in that context.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    much like maghar orc, dwildhamer dwarfs are no allied race materials, when they are basically the same, but with just another skin or tattoo

while they probably will do the maghar cause of lazy they will not do another dwarf right away
    I mean... we have LightForged Draneai, so i don't think is fair to say that they are not material for that, basically Wildhammer add the same the HM Tauren does (Different Hairstyles and Bears / Horns and Tattoos)

Note: Though i do agree that what may make them not that "common" is the fact that we already got 1 Dwarf Allied race (but IMHO having those ones, push the community to ask for the Wildhammer dwarfs, just because "Council of Three Hammers")

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxilian View Post
    I mean... we have LightForged Draneai, so i don't think is fair to say that they are not material for that, basically Wildhammer add the same the HM Tauren does (Different Hairstyles and Bears / Horns and Tattoos)
    lighforged are forged/infused/changed/ by the light, Highmountain by the bless of cenarius, this support then being a different "race" with different racials, not just some fancy tattoos, with something liek happens with the dwarfs or other races, then they could be allied race material

and brown orcs have the same racials as green orcs, they would need to do a retcon
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2017-12-12 at 04:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    wildhammer are forged/infused/changed/ by the light, Highmountain by the bless of cenarius, this support then being a different "race" with different racials, not just some fancy tattoos, with something liek happens with the dwarfs or other races, then they could be allied race material

and brown orcs have the same racials as green orcs, they would need to do a retcon
    You know that most racials are just cultural differences, also green orcs have "blood fury" as a racial, that came to the Orcs mainly when they consumed the blood of the demons, so the brown orcs could have something different.

Note: There is as much of a difference between the Wildhammer and the Black Iron Dwarf as there is with the other dwarven clan.

Not saying that this race are a MOST COME!, just saying that they are an option and having in mind that they are a popular (even for being something kind of simple), i think they are quite likely. (Again, i do agree that just because we got the Dark Iron Dwarf, it makes it harder for us to get the Wildhammer without having problem in the community -unless we get more than one Orc clan or one more Troll tribe)

wildhammer are forged/infused/changed/ by the light
    Ah, yes, the might Wildhammer of the Army of the Wild.
    *cough*

Also, sorry, but your post is bullshit. We already get the Dark Iron with their own racials, and they're basically just a reskin of the Ironforge we already had. No reason they can't do the same for the Wildhammer, who have by far the most different lifestyle of the dwarven clans.