Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I think they will be in 7.3.5, but maybe not at patch release. Why?
    - Test Realm Content and UI.
    - All these four races is Legion-binded and the part of current expanion story and we should treat their story joining to Ally/Horde as the epilogue of the history.
    - Now we have to wait about a year during new content release. It would be good for Blizzard to share a small part of the expanion earlier, especially if this feature looks complete or almost complete even now. What's the point of keeping ther to the really start of BfA, when you can use them to keep many players subscription up?
    - Most gameplay that Allied Races provide uses current content. It's cheap to develop and may make player stay with Legion a bit longer, I mean those who want to jump into next expanion with a new character as any of Allied Race, and I think there will be many.

Anyone have a feeling we may see a different business model with this expansion? If they release content for it this early I could see it... As far as how purchasing an expansion pack works.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stricks View Post
    Anyone have a feeling we may see a different business model with this expansion? If they release content for it this early I could see it... As far as how purchasing an expansion pack works.
    You mean F2P? No... I really don't see it.

They've still got millions of subscribers paying every month to access the game and dropping $60 on the boxed expansions. 3.9 million for Legion by Launch Day which made it the biggest launch in WoW history.

They'll keep the Sub model for another few years, at least, it'll only be when they're staring down the barrel of 500,000 subs or less that changing the sub model will make sense, financially speaking. And even then, that would be a Blizzcon Announcement to get maximum impact, not something they just let happen mid-expansion.

And now with them planning to relaunch Vanilla? Yeah. We're going tobe paying subs for a -long- time.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    You mean F2P? No... I really don't see it.

They've still got millions of subscribers paying every month to access the game and dropping $60 on the boxed expansions. 3.9 million for Legion by Launch Day which made it the biggest launch in WoW history.

They'll keep the Sub model for another few years, at least, it'll only be when they're staring down the barrel of 500,000 subs or less that changing the sub model will make sense, financially speaking. And even then, that would be a Blizzcon Announcement to get maximum impact, not something they just let happen mid-expansion.

And now with them planning to relaunch Vanilla? Yeah. We're going tobe paying subs for a -long- time.
    I didn't mean F2P at all. I meant a different model in general, maybe one that hasn't been done before. It just seems different to me the way we are getting huge updates that are part of but not part of an expansion almost a year before release.

Just spitballing, of course. Also don't I'm not claiming to know what model that would be.

There's a reason why Dark Irons and Zandalari weren't in the patch files for the most part, and that's becuase they are coming in the expansion. The 4 races in 7.3.5 are there because they're likely being released with pre-orders or something else that will take place in the 7.X.X life cycle.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stricks View Post
    I didn't mean F2P at all. I meant a different model in general, maybe one that hasn't been done before. It just seems different to me the way we are getting huge updates that are part of but not part of an expansion almost a year before release.

Just spitballing, of course. Also don't I'm not claiming to know what model that would be.
    Oh... I dunno about that.

I mean, I get that Allied Races are probably a big thing, conceptually, for the expansion, but since we know the Highmountain Tauren join after only 8 quests that's not really a lot of content to play. You could probably knock out all 4 initial Allied Races in a single sitting if you wanted to. And now with the new unified player model, it's easier than ever to create a new player race and throw it out the door. (I'm not saying it's easy, I'm saying it's easier!)

Introducing them as a pre-order bonus, or introducing the choice of playing one as a preorder bonus, and having them unlock in 7.3.5 just goes to show we might be closer to BfA launch than a -lot- of people believe.

Deleted
    Question! Is there even the slightest chance that the allied races will appear now on wednesday on 7.3.5?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saar View Post
    Question! Is there even the slightest chance that the allied races will appear now on wednesday on 7.3.5?
    No.

They'll either be testable at the end of the PTR run, or available when the Pre-Order goes live. And I think they're probably already thoroughly tested internally, and won't need much, if any, PTR testing.

Quote Originally Posted by Saar View Post
    There's even a chance they will be available in a minute! Don't lose faith.

Deleted
    No.

They'll either be testable at the end of the PTR run, or available when the Pre-Order goes live. And I think they're probably already thoroughly tested internally, and won't need much, if any, PTR testing.
    Yeah thats what I thought... Not what I hoped tho :P

I cannot see why this isn't a no-brainer for people.

7.3.5 WILL see the release of the the Void Elves, Lightforged Draenei, Highmountain Tauren and Nightborne.

7.3.5 gives us the new scaling zone tech. 7.3.5 is the perfect time to release these four allied races.

It has been stated that allied races are a BfA perk. That does not negate releasing them in 7.3.5.

More importantly: The official BfA Allied Races page also says the Alliance gets the chance to unlock the Dark Iron Dwarves in Kul Tiras. The quests to unlock Zandalari Trolls are located in Zandalar. The page actually states this. The details for the other four races are fully unlocked on that page.

Everything is set for these to be released with the 7.3.5 patch. Achievements to unlock these four races are in the game with that patch. As many speculate, they'll likely be tied to BfA pre-orders.

There is ZERO doubt in my mind we'll see the four new races with 7.3.5, along with additional character slots. They want to give us something to do after 7.3.5 drops but before the BfA pre-patch which is likely 6-8 months away!

Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    I cannot see why this isn't a no-brainer for people.

7.3.5 WILL see the release of the the Void Elves, Lightforged Draenei, Highmountain Tauren and Nightborne.

7.3.5 gives us the new scaling zone tech. 7.3.5 is the perfect time to release these four allied races.

It has been stated that allied races are a BfA perk. That does not negate releasing them in 7.3.5.

More importantly: The official BfA Allied Races page also says the Alliance gets the chance to unlock the Dark Iron Dwarves in Kul Tiras. The quests to unlock Zandalari Trolls are located in Zandalar. The page actually states this. The details for the other four races are fully unlocked on that page.

Everything is set for these to be released with the 7.3.5 patch. Achievements to unlock these four races are in the game with that patch. As many speculate, they'll likely be tied to BfA pre-orders.

There is ZERO doubt in my mind we'll see the four new races with 7.3.5, along with additional character slots. They want to give us something to do after 7.3.5 drops but before the BfA pre-patch which is likely 6-8 months away!
    I'm sure we'll see them before launch if you preorder, but not neccisarily 7.3.5. It could be a later patch, 7.3.X or even 8.0. Or maybe even 7.3.5 but not on patch launch being enabled at some later date when they've worked everything out and htem flipping a switch on their end.

If they planned to release them when the patch drops I think they'd say so to build up hype, not keep it a secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena Emberlin View Post
    I'm sure we'll see them before launch if you preorder, but not neccisarily 7.3.5. It could be a later patch, 7.3.X or even 8.0. Or maybe even 7.3.5 but not on patch launch being enabled at some later date when they've worked everything out and htem flipping a switch on their end.

If they planned to release them when the patch drops I think they'd say so to build up hype, not keep it a secret.
    They can't do all their testing, which includes testing of the unlock quests, without being in a patch. They can't put it in a patch without WowHead and MMOC datamining it.

If they planned to put this in a later patch, it simply wouldn't be part of the 7.3.5 PTR. Everything appears to be done with regard to those unlock quests, achievements and the actual construction of the varied races, their legacy armor and their mounts. None of that would have been included in this PTR round-up if it were destined for a later patch.

Look again at the depth of info that Wowhead posted today. Look again at just how much is there.

I know it's very easy for us all to argue about this, but the clues are all there. I guarantee this will be released with 7.3.5 as Blizzard's bid to keep everyone occupied once the Antorus raid is firmly ensconced in people's minds, and with the knowledge open beta on BfA is probably not coming before the spring.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, in case anyone wants to throw a dev post at me, read this part again?

Note that since development of the new expansion is now in full swing, datamining sites are likely to see some bits and pieces of features that are part of Battle for Azeroth (such as Allied Races).
    "Part of Battle for Azeroth" indeed. Just like Demon Hunters were part of Legion... but were released early. Just like pre-patch stuff is part of the next expansion every single time. "Part of Battle for Azeroth" could absolutely mean "content which is part of our advance sales of the next expansion".

Let's face it, we're getting six new character slots. Blizzard has to know that NOBODY is going to use them to level alts that aren't allied races, because anyone caring enough to do that probably already has most of their slots full anyway. The only leveling I"m going to do is my allied race characters, and 7.3.5 is the perfect time to make that available.

Quote Originally Posted by damonskye View Post
    They can't do all their testing, which includes testing of the unlock quests, without being in a patch. They can't put it in a patch without WowHead and MMOC datamining it.

If they planned to put this in a later patch, it simply wouldn't be part of the 7.3.5 PTR. Everything appears to be done with regard to those unlock quests, achievements and the actual construction of the varied races, their legacy armor and their mounts. None of that would have been included in this PTR round-up if it were destined for a later patch.

Look again at the depth of info that Wowhead posted today. Look again at just how much is there.

I know it's very easy for us all to argue about this, but the clues are all there. I guarantee this will be released with 7.3.5 as Blizzard's bid to keep everyone occupied once the Antorus raid is firmly ensconced in people's minds, and with the knowledge open beta on BfA is probably not coming before the spring.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, in case anyone wants to throw a dev post at me, read this part again?

"Part of Battle for Azeroth" indeed. Just like Demon Hunters were part of Legion... but were released early. Just like pre-patch stuff is part of the next expansion every single time. "Part of Battle for Azeroth" could absolutely mean "content which is part of our advance sales of the next expansion".

Let's face it, we're getting six new character slots. Blizzard has to know that NOBODY is going to use them to level alts that aren't allied races, because anyone caring enough to do that probably already has most of their slots full anyway. The only leveling I"m going to do is my allied race characters, and 7.3.5 is the perfect time to make that available.
    Possibly but I still feel if they were going to release them on patch day they would be announcing that and not keeping it hidden this long. I mean they told us all the way back at blizzcon .5 would have the level scaling tech, I don't see any reason to not say the patch would also include the first for allied races. They haven't even announced the official requirements, which if there are reputation requirements they'll want to do in advance. Why not just announce they intend to add them later on into the patche's testing cycle? Sure there's a lot of groundwork stuff here but that doesn't mean they intend to release it right away either.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    1) They require exalted with Legion reps.
    2) The starting quest unlocks at 110, not 120.
    3) You earn the heritage armour by reaching 110, not 120.
    4) The starting zone maps all use the Legion border.
    5) There's never this much data concerning upcoming races in the game files literally a full year before the expansion launches. There's no reason for there to be.
    6) The guy that leaked Battle for Azeroth also said Allied Races were coming in 7.3.5.

Early access will be be a perk for pre-ordering Battle for Azeroth, later on in 7.3.5's lifecycle. Bet on it.
    Last edited by Apology; 2017-12-02 at 06:31 AM.

TBH putting the level scaling in with 7.3.5 makes NO SENSE if they keep allied races locked. Who the hell is waiting for leveling their pre-60 alts to take LONGER come patch day?

Putting allied races in would at least give incentive to "try out their tech".
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Happy View Post
    2) The starting quest unlocks at 110, not 120.
    3) You earn the heritage armour by reaching 110, not 120.
    4) The starting zone maps all use the Legion border.
    5) There's never this much data concerning upcoming races in the game files literally a full year before the expansion launches. There's no reason for there to be.
    6) The guy that leaked Battle for Azeroth also said Allied Races were coming in 7.3.5.

Early access will be be a perk for pre-ordering Battle for Azeroth, later on in 7.3.5's lifecycle. Bet on it.
    This...

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    TBH putting the level scaling in with 7.3.5 makes NO SENSE if they keep allied races locked. Who the hell is waiting for leveling their pre-60 alts to take LONGER come patch day?

Putting allied races in would at least give incentive to "try out their tech".
    ... and this. 100% in agreement.

They have to know that there will be a content drought. We've likely seen the last major content with the Antorus patch. There will be minor content coming (some Silithus questing it seems) to keep people busy with 7.3.5. But the content drought could be combatted by people actually wanting to level again... which would happen if they released the allied races. That'd certainly get ME to play old content again...

If the four allied races aren't coming in 7.3.5 then it is a very stupid decision on Blizzard's part to include all this.

We're definitely getting these four in 7.3.5, with the Zandalari Trolls and Dark Iron Dwarves coming after being unlocked during BfA leveling, and other races down the road a bit.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sir Happy View Post
    Is this confirmed for all Allied Races such as Lightforged Draenei? I read about Nightborne, but i'm pretty sure Blizzard never said yet you need Army of Light rep for Draenei or Argussian Reach for Voidelves. Only heard about Highmountain rep for Tauren, but was this official or just a guess? And if we need it, do i need, for example, Army of Light Rep on an Alliance Toon, or can i also get it on a Horde toon to unlock Lightforged Draenei on my account?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think allied races haven't been announced for 7.3.5, because there's a chance they might not be ready in time and Blizzard are leery of over-promising, these days. They're already announced as part of Battle for Azeroth, so they can't cop flak for just leaving it until the expansion releases. This way, they have the option of giving it to us earlier if it's ready - which I think, with the zone scaling coming in 7.3.5, would be a great way to start building hype around the next expansion, and give players a chance to get a new character fully ready to jump into the next expansion.
    Didn't help that he had Sky Admiral Warcrimes McEvillaugh flying his airship for him.
    hi im tydrane from dranasuss

Quote Originally Posted by Niovi View Post
    Is this confirmed for all Allied Races such as Lightforged Draenei? I read about Nightborne, but i'm pretty sure Blizzard never said yet you need Army of Light rep for Draenei or Argussian Reach for Voidelves. Only heard about Highmountain rep for Tauren, but was this official or just a guess? And if we need it, do i need, for example, Army of Light Rep on an Alliance Toon, or can i also get it on a Horde toon to unlock Lightforged Draenei on my account?
    They just added a Highmountain exalted achievement for 7.3.5. Prior to this the only Legion reputations with exalted achievements were Nightfallen, Lightforged and Argussian Reach.

So yeah it looks like they are continuing forward with it.