Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    tbh they will probably delay bfa by a long time since it looked so unfinished and bad at blizzcon. they will then give us a couple of the allied races to tide us over while we wait

My prediction is this:

They're getting the old-world leveling and scaling ready, as well as the new faction embassies, in preparation for the new Allied Races. Since the expansion is most likely going to be about a year away, it makes sense for them to allow us to Pre-Order the new expac in order to quest and level up the new allied races as we wait for the new xpac to drop. This would give many players something to do while enduring the content drought, and it also gives time for players to prepare these new characters for the next expansion.

If they didn't plan for us to use Allied Races this early, then surely they could have only given us the level scaling of the zones? Wouldn't they have left the embassy hubs for the Pre-Patch closer to launch? Since we're getting these things in the ptr now, and plus a new bg, I'm certain we're going to be playing 4 of the 6 allied races before BfA hits (that is, if you've pre-ordered).

Also, if Blizzard did not do this, it would be a bit awkward to have an expansion drop, but also have this decision to either play in the new zones, or go through all of azeroth etc. again for a new allied race. It just seems it would create a division among players being in different locations, rather than consuming the new expansion content at the same time.

Quote Originally Posted by sillag View Post
    tbh they will probably delay bfa by a long time since it looked so unfinished and bad at blizzcon. they will then give us a couple of the allied races to tide us over while we wait
    I don't know which expansion reveals you've watched in the past but they had way more to show this year than when they revealed Legion or WoD.

I'd be surprised if they gave us allied races before the expansion goes on sale. It's a big selling point.

The only way they would do that is if WoW is in a huge slump, like they did with LFR at the end of Cata. Slim chance though.

10+ Year Old Account
    The ones currently being added in 7.3.5 will likely act as early access content so players have something to do in the leadup to the 8.0 world event. Dark Irons and Zandalari get released at launch so players have something to do once they've exhausted launch content. End result, subscriptions stay active as players try out the new shiny and get to see the level scaling in old expansions as a result.
    Last edited by Thage; 2017-12-01 at 01:48 AM. Reason: clarification
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!

If this is for pre-order, it's actually smart for them to not admit to allied races being in 7.3.5. Think about it, people check these datamines then get hopes up that they'll get allied races for free. Then it shows up that you have to buy the next xpac, people will bitch. People will bitch about having to buy preorders to play allied races anyway, but not admitting to it and setting expectations for BFA will quell some of that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Whelp, that's several months I'll be unsubscribed then.

I'll be unsubbed from when I down Argus on heroic until allied races are available.

It's in their best interest to allow early access to them.

Wouldn't surprise me if those 4 are released in 7.3.5 since they're are races technically part of this expansion, or least introduced with Legion unlike Zandalari and Dark Iron.

Quote Originally Posted by Somnium View Post
    I don't know which expansion reveals you've watched in the past but they had way more to show this year than when they revealed Legion or WoD.

naaaahh man i wish they did but they didnt im afraid. bfa looks like a real dud its gonna be bad.

From the front page.

Only ones missing are dark iron and zandalari. This combined with the available classes already set makes it highly likely the 4 subraces seen here will be available before BfA drops.
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    Ive never understood why people think that they'd take one of the only really new features that we know of, one that's been asked for as sub races for a long time... and give it to us now and as part of the expansion that they want to sell.
    There is no problem. Blizzard can require us pre-order BFA to play Allied Races, and this would be a great idea to increase player retention after people are done with Antorus on their mains.

And as Magnagarde said, once BFA releases most people will be busy leveling their mains to 120 instead of leveling the Allied Races. Those who are truly desperate for that Allied Race will simply go through Paid Race Change instead.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

I thought it was obvious they're trying to hide that it's pre-order bonus to get it in 7.3.5. Why else would they put in the entirety of the subraces' mounts, armor, achievements, embassies, zones, and parts of their storyline if we weren't going to see them in 7.3.5?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tripzzz View Post
    From the front page.

Only ones missing are dark iron and zandalari. This combined with the available classes already set makes it highly likely the 4 subraces seen here will be available before BfA drops.
    Void Elves get proper beards? For fuck sake Blizzard. Give these options to blood elves too!

From the front page.

However, the Blizzard quote specifically states that datamining sites will find things not in the patch, such as Allied races. MMO-C is a datamining site.

From the front page.

The icons for VElf male and female are very interesting. Looks like a fuller goatee beard option for male VElf and a new hairstyle for female VElf.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

man i wonder if void elves are all gonna have blue hair. blizzard really have it out for the people who want high elves lol

Quote Originally Posted by Veredyn View Post
    Of course allied races won't be in 7.3.5. BFA would lose 50% of its content if that were the case.
    Not really.

Plus they'd add more in future BfA patches, they already hinted at that.

I'd even have zero issues with them SELLING additional allied races. It's not P2W, it's cosmetics, and welcome addition of content.

They'd be stupid not to give us a taste/teaser, and then give something even more desirable for $ - like Vulpera...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    However, the Blizzard quote specifically states that datamining sites will find things not in the patch, such as Allied races. MMO-C is a datamining site.
    By Blizzard you mean Lore.

Ignore that twat, he’s usually full of shit. I still remember his Bladespire/Karabor post which was 100% lies and damage control.

Either he doesn’t get all the info and presumes or Blizzard tell him to lie.

I still think there’s a good chance we’ll get them once BfA is available to pre order.

5+ Year Old Account
    Based on the Warneverchanges leak, the presence of the embassies in 7.3.5, and the various datamined mounts, icons, and such... I think we're going to see the first 4 allied races in 7.3.5.

I think the reason that no one on the PTR can grab the unlock quests for the different races is simple: We don't have pre-order BfA keys attached to our PTR accounts. I think the "Switch" is already flipped on the PTR, essentially.

Which means we'll probably see the BfA pre-order sometime around Christmas, and 7.3.5 sometime in January/February. I am super excited.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Drewbacca View Post
    Why is it the four Legion related allied races are essentially fleshed out in the data? Achievements, armor, models, background data for character screen and changing room...

Why is it all four Legion races are there and NOT Dark Iron and Zandalari? They are remaining elusive with their words, in all likelihood we will see the four Legion Allied Races as pre-order bonuses.