Poll: Will you get a Authenticator key for only 4 additional bag slots?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 14
... LastLast

Question 4 additional slots for Authenticator

So as the PTR is just up, and so far if you have a Authenticator you get 4 slots for your backpack. What are your feeling on this. Will you get a Authenticator for this? Will you let the optional 4 slots go through if you have one/get one? What size were you looking for?

Poll inc.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

10+ Year Old Account
    IMO, not having an authenticator on your account at this point in time, where it's free one all smart phones, is just silly. It makes your account a LOT safer so there's no reason to not have one. It's basically an in game reward to get those extra bank slots like how you used to get the free pet when you got one.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    It's better than nothing...! I've had an authenticator for ages.

Tbh i didn't think many people did not have an authenticator at this point, considering how easy and painless it is to get one.

I for one welcome my 4 extra bagslots.
    I like my coffe like my mages.

15+ Year Old Account
    There really isn't a reason not to have an authenticator if you have a smart phone now, so I think its just a nice little reward for those that have one (and an incentive for others who didn't protect themselves before).

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Free bagslots, no complaining here.

Deleted
    I have one since TBC and very welcome the extra 4 slots (but i want MOAR!)

was hoping for +8 so 24 slot, but i don't have to do a damn thing to get them so can't complain.

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    It's better than nothing...! I've had an authenticator for ages.
    Didn't we get a Corehound Pup or something for adding an authenticator?

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthoris View Post
    IMO, not having an authenticator on your account at this point in time, where it's free one all smart phones, is just silly. It makes your account a LOT safer so there's no reason to not have one. It's basically an in game reward to get those extra bank slots like how you used to get the free pet when you got one.
    I do not have one and I've never had my account hacked (playing about a decade). I've known people with them who've been hacked (at least one of them multiple times).

Security is not an incentive for me in this case.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Poll up FYI.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    wE doN't kNoW wHaT pLaYeRs WaNt FoR cHarAcTeR CrEaTiOn MoDeLs

had one since they released the keychain version.. then got one on my phone as app

4 free bagslots nothing to complain i guess

My plan is to get one for the inventory space and then disable it immediately. I don't want any extra steps before being in the game. I hope it will be possible.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I just use SMS protect. IIRC I don't have an authenticator attached? Or if I do I haven't had to use it in YEARS.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    Didnt they come out during Wrath?
    They came out in BC IIRC but they added incentives and more options in Wrath. June of '08 they launched according to Google.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    My plan is to get one for the inventory space and then disable it immediately. I don't want any extra steps before being in the game. I hope it will be possible.
    You don't have extra steps anymore? You don't have to enter the code every time, very rarely do you have to. Anyway that won't work if the core hound pet is any indication. Removing the authenticator removes the pet from your account, so I can't imagine that the bag slots would stay if the pet doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I do not have one and I've never had my account hacked (playing about a decade). I've known people with them who've been hacked (at least one of them multiple times).

Security is not an incentive for me in this case.
    I am not worried about security at all either. I have never been hacked in any game ever, and I think I know why: I use different emails and passwords for everything and I am not an idiot when browsing the internet.

I can agree with motivating people to get an authenticator
    I can agree with giving more bag spaces (though it's nowhere like the issue it used to be)
    I'm sceptical about a measly four slots being enough to push someone into getting an authenticator if the obvious security benefits (and pet) haven't already done that
    I'm not complaining about it, just mildly puzzled

it's as if local councils started giving a thimblefull of petrol to all cars parked without valuables left in plain sight

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    You don't have to enter the code every time, very rarely do you have to. Anyway that won't work if the core hound pet is any indication. Removing the authenticator removes the pet from your account, so I can't imagine that the bag slots would stay if the pet doesn't.
    Even just once every now and then is too much. I don't want or need an extra layer of security. I didn't know they did the same thing with a pet and then remove it. Was that back when you had to actually purchase the authenticator? In any case I doubt they would mail me back the stuff if I disable it, but we will see.
    Last edited by Thelxi; 2017-12-01 at 03:26 AM.

Deleted
    Really wow. Well I guess I'm going authenticator then

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Even just once every now and then is too much. I don't want or need an extra layer of security. I didn't know they did the same thing with a pet and then remove it. Was that back when you had to actually purchase the authenticator? In any case I doubt they would mail me back the stuff if I disable it, but we will see.
    No just adding an authenticator to your account gets you a pet. Whether it's the digital one or a physical one. If you remove the authenticator from your account you can no longer access the pet. So I would imagine that if you remove the authenticator you'll lose the bag slots also.

The peeps who picked the second option, thanks for the chuckle.