Page 1 of 6
... LastLast

Battle for Azeroth Allied Races - Nightborne Preview

Allied Races - Nightborne
    Thalyssra and the Nightborne managed to quell their addiction to the Nightwell that had plagued them inside their protective barrier in Suramar for over 10,000 years. When the Legion came, the leaders of their race made a pact that created civil war. Now liberated, the Nightborne have found common ground with the Horde and plan to fight for them.

Unlocking the Nightborne
    To unlock the Nightborne Allied Race, the following achievements must be completed on one character on your account. Once done, you can begin a short questline to actually unlock the race. You will then be able to make a Nightborne on any server that you have a 110 character provided you have purchased Battle for Azeroth.

Classes
    The Nightborne Allied Race can be any of these classes:

• Hunter
    • Mage
    • Monk
    • Priest
    • Rogue
    • Warlock
    • Warrior

Racials
    The Nightborne racial abilities give you inscription skill, magical damage, mail access, a damaging snare, and reduced magical damage taken.

• Ancient History - Inscription skill increased by 15.
    • Arcane Affinity - Increases magical damage 1%.
    • Cantrips - Conjure up an Eldritch Grimoire, allowing you mail access for 1.5 minutes.
    • Arcane Pulse - Deals 5000 Arcane damage to nearby enemies every 2 seconds and snares them by 50%. Lasts 20 sec.
    • Arcane Resistance - Reduces magical damage taken by 1%.

Mounts
    The Nightborne racial mount is the Nightborne Manasaber. It is usable by all Horde races upon completion of Allied Races: Nightborne.

" Born capable of sniffing out concentrations of arcane energy, this noble cat was presented with thanks to a proven ally of the Nightborne.

Heritage Armor
    If you level to 110 without a boost, you will be awarded with Heritage of the Nightborne, which grants the purple heritage armor below. We've included the alternative color that is currently unused as well.

Level Type Slot Name Model Viewer
    1CosmeticHead Shal'dorei Crown
     Modelviewer
    1CosmeticShoulders Shal'dorei Mantle
     Modelviewer
    1CosmeticChest Shal'dorei Finery
     Modelviewer
    1CosmeticWaist Shal'dorei Belt
     Modelviewer
    1CosmeticLegs Shal'dorei Leggings
     Modelviewer
    1CosmeticFeet Shal'dorei Slippers
     Modelviewer
    1CosmeticWrists Shal'dorei Bracers
     Modelviewer
    1CosmeticHands Shal'dorei Gloves
     Modelviewer

Cinematics
    Along with the regular new character creation cinematic, Nightborne have an extra bit of story.

Jokes, Flirts, and VO
    You can hear the Nightborne Allied Race Jokes, Flirts, and other VO in the video below.

Customization
    The Nightborne offer a variety of faces, hairstyles, hair colors, skin colors, ear customization, and tattoo options. You can view them all in the screenshots and modelviewer below.

Faces

Hairstyles

Hair Color

Skin Colors

Ears

Tattoos

Last edited by chaud; 2018-01-28 at 12:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    The tattoos need to be more visible. And I hope there is a way to acquire the orange heritage armor since the purple one will most certainly be the one actually rewarded to players.

Can I race change instantly to Nightborne though when they get released?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    The tattoos need to be more visible. And I hope there is a way to acquire the orange heritage armor since the purple one will most certainly be the one actually rewarded to players.

Can I race change instantly to Nightborne though when they get released?
    As I understand it, you have to unlock them first, by doing a quest - Which is made available to you if you're exalted with the given race (in this case the Nightborne) and have finished their relating storyline.

EDIT: Says so in the post, so I'm really just repeating at this point. Apologies.
    Sometimes I will log out in Roleplaying gear, so if my stats in the image below, seem ridicoulously low, then that's probably the reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Martyn 470 View Post
    this banhammers gonna hit harder than puberty will hit justin bieber

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khainos View Post
    As I understand it, you have to unlock them first, by doing a quest - Which is made available to you if you're exalted with the given race (in this case the Nightborne) and have finished their relating storyline.

EDIT: Says so in the post, so I'm really just repeating at this point. Apologies.
    But it doesn't say anything about race changing.

Gating new expansion content behind rep grinds from prior expansions is terrible.

Way to give the Tatoos to the race but place then in the worsts of places.

I'm hoping that once you unlock the Nightborne you can race change to them. It'd be really dumb if you couldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Toast515 View Post
    Gating new expansion content behind rep grinds from prior expansions is terrible.
    That's not the case though. These are going to come out while Legion is still current.

hope they make heritage armor available for other races, because the red version of nightborne is almost perfect for blood elves

I'm curious, if the Heritage armor will be account bound, for that race only. That way, if we want to race change our main, and level up another just for the armor, if that will be possible.

Inb4 people are mad they have to play the game to unlock content LUL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biggles Worth View Post
    Inb4 people are mad they have to play the game to unlock content LUL
    You're already too late.

I'd like to see them up the rep gained per allied faction quest, so you can get to exalted by doing the quests in the zone (the side ones as well as the main story) and not have to be reliant on waiting for emissary quests.

It is so amazing and now I want to see zandalari troll.

Quote Originally Posted by Ferledon View Post
    I'm curious, if the Heritage armor will be account bound, for that race only. That way, if we want to race change our main, and level up another just for the armor, if that will be possible.
    Yep they said once you unlock the heritage armor that every charcter of that race on your account can use it--they mentioned it in another post awhile back
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

Quote Originally Posted by Feali View Post
    But it doesn't say anything about race changing.
    Yes, you will be able to instantly race-change to the Allied Races the moment you unlock them. You won't, however, acquire the 'heritage armor', which is acquired by leveling an Allied Race character from level 20 (their starting level) all the way to 120. You could still acquire the 'heritage armor' after race-changing if you make a new alt of said allied race and level it all the way.

'Heritage armor', by the way, is race-restricted their respective Allied Race, but is account-wide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ielenia View Post
    Yes, you will be able to instantly race-change to the Allied Races the moment you unlock them. You won't, however, acquire the 'heritage armor', which is acquired by leveling an Allied Race character from level 20 (their starting level) all the way to 120. You could still acquire the 'heritage armor' after race-changing if you make a new alt of said allied race and level it all the way.

'Heritage armor', by the way, is race-restricted their respective Allied Race, but is account-wide.
    I'm gonna level one anyway when they get released which should be pretty soon. I just want to race-change my Warlock as well

I just wish they didn't have Night Elf casting animations (let's face it, Blizzard aren't going to bother changing it).

That bloody Migraine of Doom animation is just HORRIBLE!

*Sees this new thread*

Oooo...

*Scrolls down past Nightbourne expecting to see other races*

Aww...
    Last edited by Daedius; 2018-01-28 at 12:50 AM.

Do i Need a 110 Horde Character to unlock Nightborne? I only got alliance characters and the requirements.. but no Horde character

Aww, they got rid of the illusion racial?