Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Patch 7.3.5 - Allied Race Racials and Mounts

Patch 7.3.5 PTR - Build 25600

Lightforged Draenei
    The Lightforged Draenei are a new Alliance Allied Race coming in the Battle for Azeroth expansion.

Racials
    • Light's Judgement - Call down a strike of Holy energy dealing 5,150 Holy damage to enemies within 5 yards after 3 sec. 40 yd range, 2.5 min cooldown.
    • Forge of Light - Summon a forge of light, enabling Blacksmithing. Blacksmithing skill increased by 10.
    • Demonbane - Experience gains from killing demons increased by 20%.
    • Holy Resistance - Reduce Holy damage taken by 1%.
    • Final Verdict - When you die the Light avenges you, dealing 1,162 Holy damage to enemies within 8 yards and healing allies for 1,383.

Dressing Room Backdrop

Racial Mount - Lightforged Felcrusher
    A long-time companion of the Draenei, the elekk are stalwart and sturdy steeds capable of standing up to the impending darkness without fear.

Dark Iron Dwarves
    The Dark Iron Dwarves are a new Alliance Allied Race coming in the Battle for Azeroth expansion.

Racials
    • Dungeon Delver
    • Fireblood
    • Forged in Flames
    • Mass Production
    • Mole Machine

Void Elves
    The Void Elves are a new Alliance Allied Race coming in the Battle for Azeroth expansion.

Racials
    • Chill of Night - Reduces Arcane and Shadow damage taken by 1%.
    • Entropic Embrace - Your abilities have a chance to empower you with the essence of the Void.
    • Ethereal Connection - Reduces the cost of Void Storage and Transmogrification by 50%.
    • Preturnatural Calm - Your spell casts are not delayed by taking damage.
    • Spatial Rift - Rip a rift in space and time. Reactivate this ability to teleport through the rift.

Dressing Room Backdrop

Racial Mount - Starcursed Voidstrider
    Those that follow the void tend to prefer the companionship of a steed without form or substance.

Highmountain Tauren
    The Highmountain Tauren are a new Horde Allied Race coming in the Battle for Azeroth expansion.

Racials
    • Rugged Tenacity - Reduces damage taken by 330
    • Pride of Ironhorn - Mining skill increased by 15 and allows you to mine faster
    • Mountaineer - Increases your Versatility by 1%.
    • Bull Rush - Charges forward for 1 sec, knocking enemies down for 1.5 sec. 2 minute cooldown.
    • Waste Not, Want Not - You have a chance to loot additional meat and fish

Dressing Room Backdrop

Racial Mount - Highmountain Thunderhoof
    I'm a moose riding a moose, your argument is invalid.

Forms and Totems

Nightborne
    The Nightborne are a new Horde Allied Race coming in the Battle for Azeroth expansion.

Racials
    • Ancient History - Inscription skill increased by 15.
    • Arcane Affinity - Increases magical damage 1%.
    • Cantrips - Conjure up an Eldritch Grimoire, allowing you mail access for 1.5 minutes.
    • Dispel Illusions - Draw upon your arcane sight, piercing illusions and invisibility within 15 yards.
    • Magical Resistance - Reduces magical damage taken by 1%.
    • Masquerade - Shroud yourself in illusion, taking on the appearance of another Nightborne.

Dressing Room Backdrop

Racial Mount - Nightborne Manasaber
    Night elves have always had an affinity for the great cats that prowl their lands, and the Nightborne are no exception.

Last edited by chaud; 2017-12-01 at 08:43 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Okay, you have racials listed for Dark Iron Dwarves, but you don't tell us what they do. Color me intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by Ickabob View Post
    Okay, you have racials listed for Dark Iron Dwarves, but you don't tell us what they do. Color me intrigued.
    Not a clue, we are just going off of the icon names.

10+ Year Old Account
    Masquarade trait for nightborne... AN ILUSION?! WHAT ARE YOU HIDING?!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wild guesses

Dungeon Delver - Maybe bonus xp in dungeons?
    Fireblood - 1% less damage from fire?
    Forged in Flames - smelt 50% faster! Though smelting seems to come and go / maybe something like immolation aura fire aoe?
    Mass Production - More ore from mining? Or what would be fun is chance to craft additional engineering parts 'not useable gear' but components used for other engineering things.
    Mole Machine - Some form of travel, I doubt a hearth, and going to the grim guzzler as a lvl 20 seems unlikely unless its to some racial place thats new.

Deleted
    given the top title, Will this be in a 7.3.5 patch? or exclusively when the new xpac hits? lorewise i guess lightforged draenei and void elves could be viable in this xpac last patch(es)

7+ Year Old Account
    I mean i still think the void elves are fucking stupid but that mount is damn pretty

Masquarade trait for nightborne... AN ILUSION?! WHAT ARE YOU HIDING?!
    Reduces Transmogrification fees by 50%.

Quote Originally Posted by Xerra View Post
    Wild guesses

Dungeon Delver - Maybe bonus xp in dungeons?
    Fireblood - 1% less damage from fire?
    Forged in Flames - smelt 50% faster! Though smelting seems to come and go / maybe something like immolation aura fire aoe?
    Mass Production - More ore from mining? Or what would be fun is chance to craft additional engineering parts 'not useable gear' but components used for other engineering things.
    Mole Machine - Some form of travel, I doubt a hearth, and going to the grim guzzler as a lvl 20 seems unlikely unless its to some racial place thats new.
    Judging from the icons:
    Dungeon Delver - After years of being underground, you gain 10% Increased movement speed in Dungeons and Raids
    Fireblood - Taking damage has a chance to deal X Fire damage to the attacker
    Forged in Flames - Damage taken from Fire decreased by 1%
    Mass Production - When smeling Ore, has a chance to create additional Bars
    Mole Machine - Faster Hearthstone or secondary Hearthstone
    Last edited by Apart; 2017-12-01 at 08:44 AM.

Deleted
    1% reduced holy damage taken vs 1% versatility. I hope I'm not the only one who gets the joke here.

10+ Year Old Account
    I really like that Manasaber.

I hope the Void Elves and Dark Irons have better racials. The Highmountain ones look like amazing tank racials all around and the Lightforged list just looks like an unfocused mess. Explode when you die? Woo. If you play Priest, Mage, or BM/MM Hunter you're unlikely to even be within effective range for Final Verdict in a real fight. I'd rather have the default Dranaei's passive stat boost as a racial. I was most excited to be a Lightforged Warrior or Priest but I suspect I'd be much better off going with literally any other race.

They are devoting far too many resources to this.

This Starcursed Voidstrider is glorious.

I'm hella sad I'll never be able to ride it on my Horde Shadow Priest, though.

Quote Originally Posted by mingarrubia View Post
    They are devoting far too many resources to this.
    Yeah, this definatly cost us a raid tier! /s

Deleted
    Highmountain tauren getting both % reduction and flat reduction to damage taken, mitigation tanks are going to be ridiculously difficult to kill.

Meanwhile lightforged get an aoe heal+damage when they die, and (iirc) a long cd aoe nuke that splits damage between targets hit, when every damage racial for classes without passive stats scales with the number of targets. Welp.

Dispel Illusions - Draw upon your arcane sight, piercing illusions and invisibility within 15 yards.

Please Blizzard, please make it so whenever we activate this ability, it comes with a snide and condescending "An Illusion! What are you hiding?"

Void elves get a 50% discount on mogging lol.

Deleted
    Ok gonna give my 2 cents on the both elven racials..

Let's start with Void elves
    Racials
    Chill of Night - Reduces Arcane and Shadow damage taken by 1%.
    Entropic Embrace - Your abilities have a chance to empower you with the essence of the Void.
    Ethereal Connection - Reduces the cost of Void Storage and Transmogrification by 50%.
    Preturnatural Calm - Your spell casts are not delayed by taking damage.
    Spatial Rift - Rip a rift in space and time. Reactivate this ability to teleport through the rift.
    "Chill of Night" is a nice passive that is in line with other racials!
    I suppose "Entropic Embrace" is the one that makes you change your appearance which is actually quite nice having a spectral/void'ish appearance suddenly in combat.
    Ethereal Connection - not much really anything to say about it other than it makes mogging much cheaper now!
    I think "Preturnatural Calm" is actually quite nice, especially for those who are pvp'ing.
    Spatial Rift is another fancy signature racial that seems to be quite handy

And now let's take a look at the Nightborne
    Racials
    Ancient History - Inscription skill increased by 15.
    Arcane Affinity - Increases magical damage 1%.
    Cantrips - Conjure up an Eldritch Grimoire, allowing you mail access for 1.5 minutes.
    Dispel Illusions - Draw upon your arcane sight, piercing illusions and invisibility within 15 yards.
    Magical Resistance - Reduces magical damage taken by 1%.
    Masquerade - Shroud yourself in illusion, taking on the appearance of another Nightborne.
    "Ancient History" is the usual profession buff.
    "Arcane Affinity" this one is a nice dmg buff.
    "Cantrips" finally I can read my mails on the fly without having to learn engineering
    "Dispel Illusions" this will be quite interesting and I do wonder if it works exactly like the one the guards in Suramar use or not?! It is not mentioned here that it is a channeled ability, so I hope it is instant otherwise it will be quite difficult to catch mages, rogues and other stealthy folks in a pvp situation. This won't be of much use in PVE though!
    "Magical Resistance" makes sense and is also quite nice as a racial passive.
    I do not really like "Masquerade" as it only allows to appear as another nightborne which is not really great. I would have expected that you could appear as another race which would fit the theme more and actually would turn it into a tool of "war".

An illusion! What are you hiding?