Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    It's a bit ridiculous that the Highmountain Tauren racial just seems like a straight buff compared to the regular Tauren one. One is an instant-cast charge with knockdown, the other is a stationary 0.5sec cast with stun. The wording for HM Tauren also mentions enemies, so that implies it working on multiple enemies as well.

Humans, one of the original races, still have one of the best racials in the game...

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Some of them are pretty ridiculous. Void Elves taking no spell pushback from damage AND having a Teleport will make them broken as shit as healers in PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Humans, one of the original races, still have one of the best racials in the game...
    Diplomacy?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Don't you ever get tired of seeing in every thread "Blizz/Activision only did this because they want our money"? I know I do.
    don't be tired just yet because there's SO much more of it to come, goodness knows they only made the in-game shop and blizzard stores because they love their fans

Quote Originally Posted by Cien View Post
    don't be tired just yet because there's SO much more of it to come, goodness knows they only made the in-game shop and blizzard stores because they love their fans
    Yeah, they should just shut the game down and go out of business. How dare they sell their products to people who want them! Evil capitalist pigs! /s
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Deleted
    afaik Entropic Embrace will be the void wings showing in combat, similar to legendary cloak "wing" visual

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    (sidenote: if it is just like the warlock gate, then i'll just take a second here to sympathetically laugh at/with warlocks for losing yet another ability to another group)
    Or look at how warlocks have TWO of them.
    That and the gateway.
    The racial looks to be an inferior version as I understand it to be lacking the ability to reposition it before use.
    Quote Originally Posted by DeadmanWalking View Post
    Your forgot to include the part where we blame casuals for everything because blizzard is catering to casuals when casuals got jack squat for new content the entire expansion, like new dungeons and scenarios.
    Quote Originally Posted by Reinaerd View Post
    T'is good to see there are still people valiantly putting the "Ass" in assumption.

Quote Originally Posted by Mybrightsky View Post
    afaik Entropic Embrace will be the void wings showing in combat, similar to legendary cloak "wing" visual
    I'd be surprised if that's all it does though. "Chance to empower you" sounds like a throughput thing and it'd be kind of odd if VE was the only race without a throughput racial.

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    What? No running wild and a regular speed increase are not the same. Blink and Transendance however do the same think, they teleport you out of danger, that's what they're for PVE wise. There's no argument here.
    Well, you're wrong, it's not the same thing, you just don't know what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Mybrightsky View Post
    That's part of their racial armor, Entropic Embrace will make them void out super hard like we see Alleria at the end of the Argus dungeon

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Seriously, some of those racial abilities are ridiculous. Nightborne's especially good.

Compare it to half the races on live, safe to say Blizz is tweaking these racials down before live or buffing racials across the board.
    How is Nightbornes good? I assume you mean the Dispel Illusions. Every invisible/stealth class can hit/get to you from outside of 15 yards. The only way it's good, is if it's passive and knocks them out of it. If not, then it would need to be a passive "i can see you" thing to be not completely useless, and will only be so for stealth classes who can't be seen themselves. If it has a cast time at all, then it's completely useless.
    Last edited by Pandragon; 2017-12-05 at 04:43 AM.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    The nightborne racials are terrible, and it makes me highly disappointed.
    Not sure if trolling. Then again I've never seen you say anything nice or positive about anything. So maybe you're not.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

void empowerment is 5% haste for 5 sec. (1.5 Proccs per minute).

Nightborne racials are garbage. 1% spell damage and -1% spell damage taken is basically versatility with double defense bonus against spells (hence Highmountain Tauren)

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo03 View Post
    Makes people want to play them and/or race change ($$$)

My guess.
    The cynic in me thought the same exact thing.

Seems they're either going to be doing a pass and redoing racial talents for everyone, or they're just intentionally making the new races racial traits better which will mean either race changing ($25) or at least a month's sub to level one up from scratch (At least $15).

In terms of PVP, the Highmountain racials are the most powerful so far. +1% versatility is a lot better than the +1%s the other Allied Races get, and the AoE stun is instant and goes through everyone inside the line of charge.

At first I thought the Void Elf cast pushback immunity was super powerful, but after some more thought, in competitive PVP you are not really concerned about pushback, and more concerned about juking casts and avoiding interrupts and stuns. In PVE, pushback immunity is 100% useless. For melee classes, it's useless.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by Bennett View Post
    lol nice argument bro, still waiting for you to explain how they're different
    Already did, not gonna rewrite my posts, dummy boy.

Has it been stated that the void elf teleport is instant? Because I am not seeing that. If it is instant, then yes, that's OP. 1.5 min CD is pretty short for this kind of get away from anything ability. If this will not be disabled in PVP, PVP healers will certainly go straight void elves. If the teleport isn't instant, that's another matter entirely, likely not OP.

Other abilities don't seem OP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Void Elf and Highmountain racials seem pretty absurdly strong to me for PvP purposes. Void Elf spell cast pushback and the blink sound pretty OP. Highmountain charge and stun is also pretty nutty.

Nightborne invisibility purge seemed strong at first sight, but that's because I thought it would also purge Stealth, which since it doesn't specifically mention Stealth compared to the DH stealth/invisibility sight I doubt it will dispel actual Stealth.

Lightforged Draenei seems pretty garbage for PvP purposes.

Would prefer if they completely disabled racials in PvP though tbh. It's such an archaic concept but because it makes Blizzard money, they keep it in. Don't argue that it's for "RPG" purposes when Blizzard has removed a crap ton of RPG elements throughout the years and highly prioritizes convenience over RPG.
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    In terms of PVP, the Highmountain racials are the most powerful so far. +1% versatility is a lot better than the +1%s the other Allied Races get, and the AoE stun is instant and goes through everyone inside the line of charge.

At first I thought the Void Elf cast pushback immunity was super powerful, but after some more thought, in competitive PVP you are not really concerned about pushback, and more concerned about juking casts and avoiding interrupts and stuns. In PVE, pushback immunity is 100% useless. For melee classes, it's useless.
    The spell cast pushback is not to be underestimated. When tunneled by a melee, your spells will easily take 50% longer to finish, if not longer. It will definitely boost a caster's DPS to be able to cast without pushback when trained by melee. It also pressures the melee to use their interrupt more often because of no pushback. The blink is also a pretty strong sounding racial ability.

I reckon shadow priests and warlocks will really like Void Elves's racials.
    Last edited by Terahertz; 2017-12-05 at 11:27 AM.

Deleted
    It's 2017 and people still pick a race just for the racials? What a strange world we live in.