Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
5
6
7
  1. #121
    For Azeroth!
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    3,652
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Ah, sorry. All those elves are just starting to blend together for me. Let's see. 1% magic damage done, 1% less magic damage taken, stealth/invisibility breaking cooldown, mailbox cooldown, inscription bonus, and masquerade buff for fun. Sounds pretty good to me.
    Compare that to 1% versatility = 1% damage/-0.5% damage taken, combat charge+knockdown, More passive damage reduction and Highmountain are obviously better.

    1% versatility alone taking up only 1 trait, vs nightborne's magic damage/reduction taking up 2 traits , I'd take versatility any day, as it affects ALL damage, and healing too.

    1% Versatility grants a 1% increase to your damage, healing, and absorbs, and reduces the damage you take by 0.5%.


    Also Stealth detection isn't mentioned anywhere at all, invisibilty is always been completely different.

    Void elf get a teleport, and nightborne get a toy? gg

    Of course the highmountain/nightborne comparison only applies to Warrior/Hunter/Monk, which Highmountain racials imo are better all round if you just compare the damage increase/reduction passives.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-12-06 at 09:54 PM.

  2. #122
    Well, tbh none of those is more ridiculous than AoE silence or stun or 5% haste CD, etc. They are just different. Sure VE will make good casters, but will also make terrible melee.

  3. #123
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Well I will be one of those people race changing. I will level one for the heritage armor then race change the rest. The look is the most powerful factor, if they nerf the void elf appearance or ruin it in anyway, I'm out. Also the racials are actually an attraction, if they make those useless too I'm out.

    Void elves are supposed to be powerful, they are a normal class of elf PLUS accessing this extremely powerful force. Same with Lightforged Draenei. Nightborne are empire night elves, they have the same power as the highborne when night elves were more aggressive about everything - although strangely nightborne don't come across as more powerful than night elves still they have an air of better to them, same as the highborne did . So it's not surprising the racials should reflect this .. and it doesn't hurt if it will get more people to race change now does it.

    Allied races as predicted were a far better idea than just customization slider with new skins.. and far ore profitable. Already they are the most exciting feature of BFA hands down.
    For those few of us that believe content is better than cosmetics. Id have to disagree

  4. #124
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    goblins have shit racials

    that míssil is a joke, and the jump is meh
    The 1% haste isn't a joke, the jump isn't so bad.

  5. #125
    Warchief
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In SSC banished by Murkbloods again.
    Posts
    2,109
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Ah, sorry. All those elves are just starting to blend together for me. Let's see. 1% magic damage done, 1% less magic damage taken, stealth/invisibility breaking cooldown, mailbox cooldown, inscription bonus, and masquerade buff for fun. Sounds pretty good to me.
    1% literally means literally fuck all. 100 damage, oh now you do 101! 1000 damage, oh shit son you doin 1010! 10000 damage?! BACK THE FUCK UP, WE GOT US A BIG MAN 10100!
    stealth isn't confirmed yet "Draw upon your arcane sight, piercing illusions and invisibility within 15 yards." also 15 yards is worthless in both cases, a mage isn't going to get that close, and if a rogue or druid is that close they're already on you.

    mailbox... yeah when was the last time you said to yourself "fuck me man, I wish I had a mail box! Now I gotta leave this area just to mail some shit!"

    Inscription? Literally worst profession.

    If you want to defend any of this be my guest, they're the worst race in the game for racials.
    Just remember that Leftists actually believe rape isn't as bad as being called a cunt.
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    If you aren't more hurt by words than "sticks and stones" you're a simpleton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Liberal and libertarianism are close because both support capitalism. Liberals are indeed right wing. Socialists are left wing.

  6. #126
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    stealth isn't confirmed yet "Draw upon your arcane sight, piercing illusions and invisibility within 15 yards." also 15 yards is worthless in both cases, a mage isn't going to get that close, and if a rogue or druid is that close they're already on you.

    mailbox... yeah when was the last time you said to yourself "fuck me man, I wish I had a mail box! Now I gotta leave this area just to mail some shit!"
    A) Perception was a dick pain
    B) People say that all the time [about mailboxes]. There's a reason a portable mailbox is a toy. Hella useful.

    Quote Originally Posted by Willhouse View Post
    Chill,wow classic is gonna last 2 months top once ppl see how horrid it was,theres gonna be 10k ppl online across all classic realms within 2 months.Meanwhile i'm preparing my "i told you so.." speech XD

  7. #127
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    mailbox... yeah when was the last time you said to yourself "fuck me man, I wish I had a mail box! Now I gotta leave this area just to mail some shit!"
    Considering they felt the need to make an engineering portable mailbox with a multi hour long cooldown I'd say a racial for that is quite cool. Almost every day in guild during raid somebody asks "Can somebody drop a mailbox please?" Don't know what they need to do during raid, but there.
    If you want to find out who rules you, find out whose opinions you're not allowed to disagree with without being punished.

  8. #128
    For Azeroth!
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Azeroth
    Posts
    3,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    1% literally means literally fuck all. 100 damage, oh now you do 101! 1000 damage, oh shit son you doin 1010! 10000 damage?!
    1% does mean nothing indeed, and it takes up 2 racials, only for magic damage, Highmountains get 1% versatility (damage/healing/absorbs/physical damage, 0.5% less ALL damage), still 1% but a better single-racial.

    Dispelling invisibility? only in pvp against rare situations with a mage? Useless in 99.9% of situations.

    Changing into another nightborne? I got toys for that.

    Mailbox? Engineering

    Basicly none of the Nightborne racials are special at all, while highmountain/void elves get multiple decent passives/actives.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-12-07 at 05:22 PM.

  9. #129
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Don't you ever get tired of seeing in every thread "Blizz/Activision only did this because they want our money"? I know I do.
    Then they should stop adding bullshit money grabs to the game. At this point a money grab is all shit like this and server restrictions are.

  10. #130
    Warchief
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    In SSC banished by Murkbloods again.
    Posts
    2,109
    Quote Originally Posted by Teri View Post
    1% does mean nothing indeed, and it takes up 2 racials, only for magic damage, Highmountains get 1% versatility (damage/healing/absorbs/physical damage, 0.5% less ALL damage), still 1% but a better single-racial.

    Dispelling invisibility? only in pvp against rare situations with a mage? Useless in 99.9% of situations.

    Changing into another nightborne? I got toys for that.

    Mailbox? Engineering

    Basicly none of the Nightborne racials are special at all, while highmountain/void elves get multiple decent passives/actives.
    First smart poster replying to me this thread. Thank you, you sir/ma'am are awesome.
    Just remember that Leftists actually believe rape isn't as bad as being called a cunt.
    Quote Originally Posted by AeneasBK View Post
    If you aren't more hurt by words than "sticks and stones" you're a simpleton.
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Liberal and libertarianism are close because both support capitalism. Liberals are indeed right wing. Socialists are left wing.

  11. #131
    Quote Originally Posted by Donimic View Post
    Then they should stop adding bullshit money grabs to the game. At this point a money grab is all shit like this and server restrictions are.
    So they should give you race changes, faction changes, realm changes, renames, and everything else for free?
    If you want to find out who rules you, find out whose opinions you're not allowed to disagree with without being punished.

  12. #132
    High Overlord
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Indiana
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Apparently Void Elves are useless as Melee. All they get is cast protection. (Unless the transform actually does something.)
    Cast protection is a rather big deal for some specs - I doubt this racial makes it into the game.



    Also, I think they ought to give everyone one free race change (possibly race/faction change) with BfA.
    Last edited by Metacrias; 2017-12-07 at 07:49 PM.
    "The nomad's life enthralls me. Its restlessness pursues me: it is as much a part of me as of the sailor. All ports and none are home to him, and all arrivings only a new setting forth" ~ Ella Maillart

  13. #133
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    So they should give you race changes, faction changes, realm changes, renames, and everything else for free?
    No they should allow us have cross server mythic raids and guilds for free. Cross server technology for every other level of content is already implemented without issue, the only reason to maintain this barrier is to make additional money. Server identity has been destroyed over the years from a vast array of reasons I don't want to get into now, which is why they allow us to quest and non-mythic raid cross server. Casual players will not pay for server transfers but they will complain when their server appears dead, which is why they implement the merged server zones. on the other hand most mythic level raiders will not let their server hold them back from joining a guild so Blizz knows they can charge for this service.... an automated service that usually takes less than 5 minutes of computer processing time.

    And don't be naive, they also know exactly what they are doing when they offer racial abilities and bonuses that are completely imbalanced compared to the existing versions. Were you not around when they nerfed will of the forsaken and then added the original version of every man for himself? There was a massive shift in PvP oriented players as they changed both factions and servers. Hell, just in ToS top guilds were moving from Alliance to Horde for racials, or look at the racial balance for M+. All of these people were willing to pay $20+ to adjust for blizz controlled imbalance. Yes, they by a small percentage of the total population, but even at a small fraction you are looking at some serious money.

  14. #134
    No kidding did you see the Zandalari list of racials?

    Obvious Troll is Obvious- The Zandalari Troll trolls all enemies around it causing them to /cry automatically.
    Trollin' trolls- The Zandalari Troll confuses the opponent by saying something off topic. The enemy is dazed for 10 secs.
    Losing con-troll- The Zandalari troll loses control, trolling beyond acceptable trolling parameters causing all Alliance to demand High Elves be playable.
    The troll that stole the roll- The Zandalari steals all rolls from the opposing team and salts them with Alliance tears before eating all the rolls and laughing.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •