Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Just me, or are allied races getting ridiculous racials?

Seriously, some of those racial abilities are ridiculous. Nightborne's especially good.

Compare it to half the races on live, safe to say Blizz is tweaking these racials down before live or buffing racials across the board.

Makes people want to play them and/or race change ($$$)

My guess.

Apparently Void Elves are useless as Melee. All they get is cast protection. (Unless the transform actually does something.)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Apparently Void Elves are useless as Melee. All they get is cast protection. (Unless the transform actually does something.)
    And a teleport? That's huge.
    There's also that void imbued attack we don't quite know what it does.

Deleted
    I don't know about you, but a melee with blink is way better than a melee, who gets to run faster while dead... or something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    Seriously, some of those racial abilities are ridiculous. Nightborne's especially good.

Compare it to half the races on live, safe to say Blizz is tweaking these racials down before live or buffing racials across the board.
    you cant blame them for wanting to make bilions of $$$ from people race changing enmasse when they see how OP new races are.

tbh thoe new races should be cosmetic option in barber shop - but noo greeed in activision is too big to let it go.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    I don't know about you, but a melee with blink is way better than a melee, who gets to run faster while dead... or something like that.
    "Rip a rift in space and time. Reactivate this ability to teleport through the rift."

To me it sounds more like Monk's Transcendance.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmago View Post
    I mean, they don't have a throughput racial. Other races have movement racials (Goblin) and still have throughput racials (like Haste, or Crit, etc.)

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you cant blame them for wanting to make bilions of $$$ from people race changing enmasse when they see how OP new races are.

tbh thoe new races should be cosmetic option in barber shop - but noo greeed in activision is too big to let it go.
    Don't you ever get tired of seeing in every thread "Blizz/Activision only did this because they want our money"? I know I do.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

5+ Year Old Account
    Do you have a link to what the racials actually -do-? All I've seen so far is names and the few we learned about during the Demo at Blizzcon.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Wow, 1%. Even less than that when compared to other classes.

How overpowered!

7+ Year Old Account
    its obvious they will get a lot of op and huge visual skills, blizzard want to people play with then despite some just being reskins, dont do the same mitake with goblins, with shit racials

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post

Adding character services was the dumbest thing they ever did in my opinion.
    Crimea is Ukraine!

I'll stick to my normal draenei's heal and primary stat increase over dying to explode.

Herald of the Titans
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Louz View Post
    "Rip a rift in space and time. Reactivate this ability to teleport through the rift."

To me it sounds more like Monk's Transcendance.
    I don't know if it's quite like Transcendance, but it's definitely not a blink. Just based off the text, I think I would probably compare it more to the old warlock portal/gate mechanic?

Either way though, some of these racials are okay; but some definitely seem OP as hell.
    My thoughts on these are:

The lightforged one may or may not be good, the numbers on the damage might as well be variables atm, unsure if it will be a meaningful amount.

Void Elf racials are definitely fantastic, but I wouldn't call them broken or OP. They are fantastic individually, but niche. The no pushback element in particular seems like it would make void elf the auto-choice for any pvp caster, and any healer in pvp or pve. Still though, need to know what entrophic embrace actually does, and I also wonder if the rift will be placed or summoned at the players location. (sidenote: if it is just like the warlock gate, then i'll just take a second here to sympathetically laugh at/with warlocks for losing yet another ability to another group)

Highmountain Tauren I am almost thinking should just have an automatic bot check applied to all of them. The number of farming bots being made into moose druids I imagine will be ridiculous. Otherwise the charge is nice, I like it, but don't consider it broken.

Now the Nightborne....just...lol. I play Horde and while I personally don't care about the elf saturation we have as a faction; I can NOT stop laughing while I read these racials and imagine how many more elves we'll have now. The elf hate is going to be so great. Ignoring both the 1% increase magic damage and 1% decrease in magic damage taken and focusing entirely on the 15 yard Flare makes this hilarious to me. Now, I'm sure there will be a cooldown; but I don't see one specified lol. What makes this even more amusing is the recent spike in folks complaining about BE arcane torrent.

From a PvE perspective none of it is really a big deal; VE's probably have the most useful racial in that regard (from this list). But for PvP and especially arena, this racial seems like an open invitation for all Horde PvP forces to be elves; which again, I don't mind personally, but I can't help but giggle.

Lastly though, I am not sure that I like racials being useless for certain classes. Yeah it's only 1%, I'm not in Method or whoever's getting world firsts these days so it means exactly nothing to me; but either way it's a factor when picking a class- filthy casual or professional raider you still want your racial to apply to your character =\ I have all caster classes at max already, was planning to roll my hunter as a nightborne, and probably still will; just a minor letdown knowing that will just be a dead trait I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    its obvious they will get a lot of op and huge visual skills, blizzard want to people play with then despite some just being reskins, dont do the same mitake with goblins, with shit racials
    Goblins.

Shit racials.

You wot?

I mean, they don't have a throughput racial. Other races have movement racials (Goblin) and still have throughput racials (like Haste, or Crit, etc.)
    Entropic Embrace - Your abilities have a chance to empower you with the essence of the Void.

This is probably a throughput racial.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Nightborne kinda suck for non-casters.

What use is magic damage to a fury warrior? What use is a mailbox to an engineer?

That void elf transmog racial is OP as fuck though.

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    I don't know if it's quite like Transcendance, but it's definitely not a blink. Just based off the text, I think I would probably compare it more to the old warlock portal/gate mechanic?

Either way though, some of these racials are okay; but some definitely seem OP as hell.
    My thoughts on these are:

The lightforged one may or may not be good, the numbers on the damage might as well be variables atm, unsure if it will be a meaningful amount.

Void Elf racials are definitely fantastic, but I wouldn't call them broken or OP. They are fantastic individually, but niche. The no pushback element in particular seems like it would make void elf the auto-choice for any pvp caster, and any healer in pvp or pve. Still though, need to know what entrophic embrace actually does, and I also wonder if the rift will be placed or summoned at the players location. (sidenote: if it is just like the warlock gate, then i'll just take a second here to sympathetically laugh at/with warlocks for losing yet another ability to another group)

Highmountain Tauren I am almost thinking should just have an automatic bot check applied to all of them. The number of farming bots being made into moose druids I imagine will be ridiculous. Otherwise the charge is nice, I like it, but don't consider it broken.

Now the Nightborne....just...lol. I play Horde and while I personally don't care about the elf saturation we have as a faction; I can NOT stop laughing while I read these racials and imagine how many more elves we'll have now. The elf hate is going to be so great. Ignoring both the 1% increase magic damage and 1% decrease in magic damage taken and focusing entirely on the 15 yard Flare makes this hilarious to me. Now, I'm sure there will be a cooldown; but I don't see one specified lol. What makes this even more amusing is the recent spike in folks complaining about BE arcane torrent.

From a PvE perspective none of it is really a big deal; VE's probably have the most useful racial in that regard (from this list). But for PvP and especially arena, this racial seems like an open invitation for all Horde PvP forces to be elves; which again, I don't mind personally, but I can't help but giggle.

Lastly though, I am not sure that I like racials being useless for certain classes. Yeah it's only 1%, I'm not in Method or whoever's getting world firsts these days so it means exactly nothing to me; but either way it's a factor when picking a class- filthy casual or professional raider you still want your racial to apply to your character =\ I have all caster classes at max already, was planning to roll my hunter as a nightborne, and probably still will; just a minor letdown knowing that will just be a dead trait I guess.
    I wonder if the quest requirements to unlock highmountain tauren, especially exalted reputation, will slow down bots trying to use them.

The Lightbringer Rend Blackhand's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The racials won’t get into release as they are. They’ll be nerfed and tweaked.
    Me not that kind of Orc!