Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoli View Post
    Void Elf and Highmountain racials seem pretty absurdly strong to me for PvP purposes. Void Elf spell cast pushback and the blink sound pretty OP. Highmountain charge and stun is also pretty nutty.

Nightborne invisibility purge seemed strong at first sight, but that's because I thought it would also purge Stealth, which since it doesn't specifically mention Stealth compared to the DH stealth/invisibility sight I doubt it will dispel actual Stealth.

Lightforged Draenei seems pretty garbage for PvP purposes.

Would prefer if they completely disabled racials in PvP though tbh. It's such an archaic concept but because it makes Blizzard money, they keep it in. Don't argue that it's for "RPG" purposes when Blizzard has removed a crap ton of RPG elements throughout the years and highly prioritizes convenience over RPG.

The spell cast pushback is not to be underestimated. When tunneled by a melee, your spells will easily take 50% longer to finish, if not longer. It will definitely boost a caster's DPS to be able to cast without pushback when trained by melee. It also pressures the melee to use their interrupt more often because of no pushback. The blink is also a pretty strong sounding racial ability.

I reckon shadow priests and warlocks will really like Void Elves's racials.
    The void elf anti-pushback makes Disc Void Elf VERY interesting. I don't think pushback hurts a spec as much as discipline priest. Power word shield comes with a pushback immunity for the very purpose. You're theoretically halving a disc's damage.
    Will be interesting to see how it plays out.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by AcidicSyn View Post
    The bolded, at least to me, sounds like you first "rip a hole in space and time" within 30yds of your current location; so you click the button or press the hotkey whatever, you get the circular marker, and then can place this hole in spacetime anywhere within a 30yd radius of where you're standing.

Then, the second bit translates to me as if you press the button again, you will be teleported to the location where you originally opened your rift provided you are within 100 yards of it. Sort of how the arcane mage displacement works with blink except rather than a time window restriction, the restriction is distance?

The 30yds on the first action and 100yds on the second action would seem to me, assuming the above speculation, basically to prevent Velves from being able to just warp 100yards forward at a time. IE: AV, team of 10 VE's using it to jump forward a significant distance ahead of either teams zerg.

But being able to return to a previously visited location at such a vast distance though wouldn't be "unfair", useful as hell sure; but not so bad as just being able to zip "forward" 100 yards at will every few minutes.

Although, using your example my theory could still apply; just in reverse. You're at stables; you place a rift and go to take LM. You're fighting at LM and someone calls inc on stables (or you notice) and see it was just 1 or 2 and they took out the lone defender. Getting back into range of your rift and zipping back over to interrupt the cap could be more than just a little useful.

I wonder how many yards it is technically from Blacksmith to LM...

I can't wait to see allied rogues attempting to sneak up on our nightborne though. Personally I think it should be mandatory that the voice over be triggered every time the racial is used. "An Illusion!? What are you hiding!"
    This sounds the likely answer.

By the wording of the ability, it sounds very certain it's going to be an inferior version of demonic gateway only usable by the caster, and a one time use only.
    Iirc, isn't transcendence split into 2 abilities? Trans and Trans:Transfer. If it were a transcendence ability I'd imagine they'd have a button for placing it, then a button for teleporting to it (if it were the same button, what would happen if you left the 30 yard range?).

So this jury of one is deciding it's a demonic gateway clone.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BonesDeLarge View Post
    They are not more "OP" than BE silence, human EMFH, or orc stun reduce. At best they are on the same level.
    Well blood elf silence is confirmed for getting nerfed/reworked.

Quote Originally Posted by kamuimac View Post
    you cant blame them for wanting to make bilions of $$$ from people race changing enmasse when they see how OP new races are.

tbh thoe new races should be cosmetic option in barber shop - but noo greeed in activision is too big to let it go.
    Well I will be one of those people race changing. I will level one for the heritage armor then race change the rest. The look is the most powerful factor, if they nerf the void elf appearance or ruin it in anyway, I'm out. Also the racials are actually an attraction, if they make those useless too I'm out.

Void elves are supposed to be powerful, they are a normal class of elf PLUS accessing this extremely powerful force. Same with Lightforged Draenei. Nightborne are empire night elves, they have the same power as the highborne when night elves were more aggressive about everything - although strangely nightborne don't come across as more powerful than night elves still they have an air of better to them, same as the highborne did . So it's not surprising the racials should reflect this .. and it doesn't hurt if it will get more people to race change now does it.

Allied races as predicted were a far better idea than just customization slider with new skins.. and far ore profitable. Already they are the most exciting feature of BFA hands down.

Doesn't matter what they do, bitches will bitch that the racials are "too OP, scummy Blizzard!!" up until release.

And then they'll pay for a race change, like a good consumer!

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Nightborne racials aren't good at all as it stands right now.

Masquerade is worded weirdly, change appearance into another nightborne? Like a toy? Yeah, that really compares to Bloodfury/Berserking/Arcane Torrent ?

1% magic damage only affects classes like melees and hunters very partially at best.

Imo 1% ALL damage and healing would be fair enough as a passive. But Highmountain Tauren already have that 1% versatility.

So basicly it's a worse version of 1% versatility, and Hightmountain get a combat activated charge/knockdown + passive damage reduction on top.

Nightborne get invisibility dispel? Like how often is that seriously gonna get used (if it don't affect stealth even less).
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-12-06 at 08:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Leotheras the Blind View Post
    Those are both void elf, not nightborne. Nightborne racials are shit.
    Ah, sorry. All those elves are just starting to blend together for me. Let's see. 1% magic damage done, 1% less magic damage taken, stealth/invisibility breaking cooldown, mailbox cooldown, inscription bonus, and masquerade buff for fun. Sounds pretty good to me.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Ah, sorry. All those elves are just starting to blend together for me. Let's see. 1% magic damage done, 1% less magic damage taken, stealth/invisibility breaking cooldown, mailbox cooldown, inscription bonus, and masquerade buff for fun. Sounds pretty good to me.
    Compare that to 1% versatility = 1% damage/-0.5% damage taken, combat charge+knockdown, More passive damage reduction and Highmountain are obviously better.

1% versatility alone taking up only 1 trait, vs nightborne's magic damage/reduction taking up 2 traits , I'd take versatility any day, as it affects ALL damage, and healing too.

1% Versatility grants a 1% increase to your damage, healing, and absorbs, and reduces the damage you take by 0.5%.

Also Stealth detection isn't mentioned anywhere at all, invisibilty is always been completely different.

Void elf get a teleport, and nightborne get a toy? gg

Of course the highmountain/nightborne comparison only applies to Warrior/Hunter/Monk, which Highmountain racials imo are better all round if you just compare the damage increase/reduction passives.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-12-06 at 09:54 PM.

Deleted
    Well, tbh none of those is more ridiculous than AoE silence or stun or 5% haste CD, etc. They are just different. Sure VE will make good casters, but will also make terrible melee.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Well I will be one of those people race changing. I will level one for the heritage armor then race change the rest. The look is the most powerful factor, if they nerf the void elf appearance or ruin it in anyway, I'm out. Also the racials are actually an attraction, if they make those useless too I'm out.

Void elves are supposed to be powerful, they are a normal class of elf PLUS accessing this extremely powerful force. Same with Lightforged Draenei. Nightborne are empire night elves, they have the same power as the highborne when night elves were more aggressive about everything - although strangely nightborne don't come across as more powerful than night elves still they have an air of better to them, same as the highborne did . So it's not surprising the racials should reflect this .. and it doesn't hurt if it will get more people to race change now does it.

Allied races as predicted were a far better idea than just customization slider with new skins.. and far ore profitable. Already they are the most exciting feature of BFA hands down.
    For those few of us that believe content is better than cosmetics. Id have to disagree

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    goblins have shit racials

that míssil is a joke, and the jump is meh
    The 1% haste isn't a joke, the jump isn't so bad.

stealth isn't confirmed yet "Draw upon your arcane sight, piercing illusions and invisibility within 15 yards." also 15 yards is worthless in both cases, a mage isn't going to get that close, and if a rogue or druid is that close they're already on you.

mailbox... yeah when was the last time you said to yourself "fuck me man, I wish I had a mail box! Now I gotta leave this area just to mail some shit!"
    A) Perception was a dick pain
    B) People say that all the time [about mailboxes]. There's a reason a portable mailbox is a toy. Hella useful.

mailbox... yeah when was the last time you said to yourself "fuck me man, I wish I had a mail box! Now I gotta leave this area just to mail some shit!"
    Considering they felt the need to make an engineering portable mailbox with a multi hour long cooldown I'd say a racial for that is quite cool. Almost every day in guild during raid somebody asks "Can somebody drop a mailbox please?" Don't know what they need to do during raid, but there.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    1% literally means literally fuck all. 100 damage, oh now you do 101! 1000 damage, oh shit son you doin 1010! 10000 damage?!
    1% does mean nothing indeed, and it takes up 2 racials, only for magic damage, Highmountains get 1% versatility (damage/healing/absorbs/physical damage, 0.5% less ALL damage), still 1% but a better single-racial.

Dispelling invisibility? only in pvp against rare situations with a mage? Useless in 99.9% of situations.

Changing into another nightborne? I got toys for that.

Mailbox? Engineering

Basicly none of the Nightborne racials are special at all, while highmountain/void elves get multiple decent passives/actives.
    Last edited by Teri; 2017-12-07 at 05:22 PM.

Don't you ever get tired of seeing in every thread "Blizz/Activision only did this because they want our money"? I know I do.
    Then they should stop adding bullshit money grabs to the game. At this point a money grab is all shit like this and server restrictions are.

Quote Originally Posted by Donimic View Post
    Then they should stop adding bullshit money grabs to the game. At this point a money grab is all shit like this and server restrictions are.
    So they should give you race changes, faction changes, realm changes, renames, and everything else for free?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Razion View Post
    Apparently Void Elves are useless as Melee. All they get is cast protection. (Unless the transform actually does something.)
    Cast protection is a rather big deal for some specs - I doubt this racial makes it into the game.

Also, I think they ought to give everyone one free race change (possibly race/faction change) with BfA.
    Last edited by Metacrias; 2017-12-07 at 07:49 PM.
    "The nomad's life enthralls me. Its restlessness pursues me: it is as much a part of me as of the sailor. All ports and none are home to him, and all arrivings only a new setting forth" ~ Ella Maillart

So they should give you race changes, faction changes, realm changes, renames, and everything else for free?
    No they should allow us have cross server mythic raids and guilds for free. Cross server technology for every other level of content is already implemented without issue, the only reason to maintain this barrier is to make additional money. Server identity has been destroyed over the years from a vast array of reasons I don't want to get into now, which is why they allow us to quest and non-mythic raid cross server. Casual players will not pay for server transfers but they will complain when their server appears dead, which is why they implement the merged server zones. on the other hand most mythic level raiders will not let their server hold them back from joining a guild so Blizz knows they can charge for this service.... an automated service that usually takes less than 5 minutes of computer processing time.

And don't be naive, they also know exactly what they are doing when they offer racial abilities and bonuses that are completely imbalanced compared to the existing versions. Were you not around when they nerfed will of the forsaken and then added the original version of every man for himself? There was a massive shift in PvP oriented players as they changed both factions and servers. Hell, just in ToS top guilds were moving from Alliance to Horde for racials, or look at the racial balance for M+. All of these people were willing to pay $20+ to adjust for blizz controlled imbalance. Yes, they by a small percentage of the total population, but even at a small fraction you are looking at some serious money.

No kidding did you see the Zandalari list of racials?

Obvious Troll is Obvious- The Zandalari Troll trolls all enemies around it causing them to /cry automatically.
    Trollin' trolls- The Zandalari Troll confuses the opponent by saying something off topic. The enemy is dazed for 10 secs.
    Losing con-troll- The Zandalari troll loses control, trolling beyond acceptable trolling parameters causing all Alliance to demand High Elves be playable.
    The troll that stole the roll- The Zandalari steals all rolls from the opposing team and salts them with Alliance tears before eating all the rolls and laughing.