Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    But it's literally, objectively not how a vast majority of orcs are.
    I was under the impression that peons had the hunch every other orc wasn't/isn't supposed too

Quote Originally Posted by Evaddon View Post
    I was under the impression that peons had the hunch every other orc wasn't/isn't supposed too
    That's right. It's only peons and the WoW Orc model. Every Orc in official art, story, 3D iteration, has had a normal back. Look at Grommash and the Warlords, for example. Or Garrosh in the SoO cinematic.

I think it will be neat going forward to see a mix of both forms represented in NPCs and players. I don't know how much work it was to implement the change, but it would be cool to see more structural variation in more existing races to mix things up visually.

10+ Year Old Account
    I seriously cannot wait to go back to Orc once they lose the hunch. Armor is going to look so much different, namely the shoulderplates.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Al Gorefiend View Post
    These aren't the same models. Thrall's is unique true, and his clothing is a part of his base model. Saurfang isn't using it
    yes, he is saying he is using a unique model, like thrall. if you watched the video, you would know their models are very much the same as in they arnt models wiht armor placed on them, they are models with the armor as part of the model
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes, he is saying he is using a unique model, like thrall. if you watched the video, you would know their models are very much the same as in they arnt models wiht armor placed on them, they are models with the armor as part of the model
    true but the Saurfang model also has all the player animations, including the complex monks one so it's safe to say that even if the new saurfand model isn't the new playable orc model (he has unique face features and I think the armor he wears will be unique to him), it's very close to it because all the classes animations are working.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildspirit View Post
    true but the Saurfang model also has all the player animations, including the complex monks one so it's safe to say that even if the new saurfand model isn't the new playable orc model (he has unique face features and I think the armor he wears will be unique to him), it's very close to it because all the classes animations are working.
    Yeah, the armor and the face markings are of course unique to him, but the overall model is just an orc male one like the one we have currently.

It just uses a new skeleton that has no hunch, that happens to also be able to conveniently use all the player animations.

Yes, it's the new hunch-less Orc skeleton. They're not going to make two separate skeletons for an Orc without a hunch that can both use all the necessary player models just to make Saurfang look unique.

Consider this a Garrosh 2.0.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yarathir View Post
    That's right. It's only peons and the WoW Orc model. Every Orc in official art, story, 3D iteration, has had a normal back. Look at Grommash and the Warlords, for example. Or Garrosh in the SoO cinematic.
    Yeah exactly!!! Even looking at the first cinematic! And I'm pretty damn sure we definitely don't play peons because peons aren't intelligent enough to do less then half of what player characters have done. They're basically considered an off breed of Orc, as they're unfit for much of what the Orc culture is! Do to the many malformations they have with brain size, height, and the infamous hunch!

Wonder if people would like Blizzard to added a hunched option for female trolls so they can look like they did in early development? We have enough pretty female options now and this would be a toggle in the barbershop. If I recall, that was the reason they gave female trolls the straight posture.