Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Time to introduce Day Pass subcription?

I had my last day being able to play the January 3rd. I do not miss playing either, yet.

We have 3 forms of subriction.

1 Month EUR 12.99/month equals EUR 0,433/day
    3 Months EUR 11.99/month equals EUR 0,399/day
    6 Months EUR 10.99/month equals EUR 0,366/day

There is an approximatley 8,5%-9% difference between each model of subscription.

If I one day, lets say 1 month from now wanted to try out a couple of bg's, I would have to fork over EUR 12,99 to do that.
    I can afford it, but the thought of having to pay that sum to only play a few hours is too much.

If they added a Day Pass for EUR 0,5 which is a 15,4% increase to the monthly one I would not hesitate to play.
    That way I would have a great opportunity to see if my interest in the game was back to pay for a normal subcription mode without feeling robbed if I didn't.

Blizzard has most probably already thought about this and checked if they would lose or gain EUR from this move. Do you think we should have a Day Pass option as well?
    Last edited by Deepfreeze; 2018-01-14 at 12:03 PM.
    be aware, be awake, and you won't be fake

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah, don't think this should be needed. You could always use gold for gametime, or request 3 days from a GM if you don't have the gold. Else, the subscription plan is fine.

And IF they added a day pass, it would most likely be 1 euro pr. day. Anything that is cut from a normal monthly to days tends to because much more expensive in the long run, thus give more benefits to sub monthly.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Download blizzard app to your phone. Every day there are 2-3 gold missions which if u complete at 200% u will get easily 5k-7k per day. That will give u easily 200-230k per month without even have to play the game.

Buy the token for gold and if the token if somehow higher than this, i guess u can farm 10-30k the very few days u will play per month.

Gms are more than happy to provide 1-2 days free time especially if u tell them u forgot to buy game time especially on a saturday night or sundays.

You are welcome.
    Last edited by precious; 2018-01-14 at 12:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Nah, don't think this should be needed. .
    It is definitely needed regardless of if you have money for a sub or not.

You are literally paying for nothing or in my case 4 raid nights per month atm, the rest of the game dose not interest me, i refuse to grind their bullshit or level alts or play the AH to get the gold to buy a token that i STILL won't get the use out of.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post

You are literally paying for nothing or in my case 4 raid nights per month atm, the rest of the game dose not interest me, i refuse to grind their bullshit or level alts or play the AH to get the gold to buy a token that i STILL won't get the use out of.
    Well that's your problem. You can't ask for a special price at the restaurant because you're only gonna be eating one half of the steak.

The freeloader mentality of useless millenials is pathetic.

I know you can use ingame money to buy game time, but I am not interested in that option. I am willing though to pay EUR 0,5 to try out the game for a day a month from now.

I remember a long time ago I suggested that rogues Backstab ought to be like it is today and got a hell of a time just for mentioning it. It seems people have gotten along nicely with todays Backstab.

I do not think this matter is any different. New things is scary, I know!!

10+ Year Old Account

Well, diffinantly needed for you it seems.

Though no, shouldn't be needed to have a day pass.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I can think of a lot of scenarios, where a month long sunbscription scares off a lot of potential customers who just want to test something or clean up their inventory or whatever. Some of them may even be convinced to consider a full subscription afterwards. I think there's very little that Blizz would lose with this.

Pro.
    Last edited by XDurionX; 2018-01-14 at 01:01 PM.

Payment processing isn't free, I highly doubt Blizzard want the hassle of 0,50€ payments.

The only way I can see this work would be purchasable only via battle.net balance. Even then... expect to pay 3€ per day.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepfreeze View Post
    I had my last day being able to play the January 3rd. I do not miss playing either, yet.

There is an approximatley 8,5%-9% difference between each model of subscription.

If I one day, lets say 1 month from now wanted to try out a couple of bg's, I would have to fork over EUR 12,99 to do that.
    I can afford it, but the thought of having to pay that sum to only play a few hours is too much.

If they added a Day Pass for EUR 0,5 which is a 15,4% increase to the monthly one I would not hesitate to play.
    That way I would have a great opportunity to see if my interest in the game was back to pay for a normal subcription mode without feeling robbed if I didn't.

Blizzard has most probably already thought about this and checked if they would lose or gain EUR from this move. Do you think we should have a Day Pass option as well?
    I literally shuffle materials a few hours a week ( all this consists of checking an alt a few times a day ) and I'm already over half a mil profit for the month. You have ways to pay for your sub built into the game... easy mode craftable legendaries for 90kx4 each month. If you want to get fancy, mass produce flasks and potions, mass produce obliterum using epic gems, shuffle felwort into tomes, etc. Alll very simple, 30-1 hour a day all together. I'm aiming for over a 1mil profit this month, it really doesn't require that much effort.

If they did something like this, with a limitation of like... 5 days a month? Even then, i know I can make a token in a day sooo, idk.
    Last edited by bigbleach; 2018-01-14 at 01:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Twdft View Post
    Payment processing isn't free, I highly doubt Blizzard want the hassle of 0,50€ payments.

The only way I can see this work would be purchasable only via battle.net balance. Even then... expect to pay 3€ per day.
    You must be new to the micro transactions going on with apps.

Deleted
    no a flatrate is always superior to a daily pass.

Quote Originally Posted by bigbleach View Post
    I literally shuffle materials a few hours a week ( all this consists of checking an alt a few times a day ) and I'm already over half a mil profit for the month. You have ways to pay for your sub built into the game... easy mode craftable legendaries for 90kx4 each month. If you want to get fancy, mass produce flasks and potions, mass produce obliterum using epic gems, shuffle felwort into tomes, etc. Alll very simple, 30-1 hour a day all together. I'm aiming for over a 1mil profit this month, it really doesn't require that much effort.

If they did something like this, with a limitation of like... 5 days a month? Even then, i know I can make a token in a day sooo, idk.
    Your solution is to play the game to pay the game. I do not want to play the game now. I would still be subbed if I wanted this way of paying.

I can afford a normal monthly subscription just fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepfreeze View Post

So people login sunday, do their raids and m+ weekly and pay 2€/month for most content?

That would be ridicilous. People wouldnt login for 20 minutes and do some stuff cause it would cost money.

This cant work out. People would channel their gametime into 4-6 days/month. Especially at 0.5/day.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree to an extent. I think that if you haven't played for a considerable amount of time 2+ years or so) then you should have a day or 2 day pass to login and see how things are getting on and whether you would like to play again. Or should be able to pay something stupid like 1 euro/pound/dollar just for 1 day to do the same thing.

I know 10 pound or w/e for a month is nothing really, but for some people it is and I personally don't want to waste that money and give it to Blizzard when I could pay a lower amount.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post
    So people login sunday, do their raids and m+ weekly and pay 2€/month for most content?

That would be ridicilous. People wouldnt login for 20 minutes and do some stuff cause it would cost money.

This cant work out. People would channel their gametime into 4-6 days/month. Especially at 0.5/day.
    This, you know the servers aren't run by charity.

Quote Originally Posted by Klatar View Post

With that logic people would wait until the last patch was out, level up and clear the content in a month. Some people do this, but most do not.

Think of it as a fishing net. The smaler the holes the the more fish it catches. Right now I am to small of a fish for them to catch because the 1 month payment for a day played is to much.

Before I got tired of playing I payed my monthly without blinking an eye because I enjoyed useing hours a day playing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    I agree to an extent. I think that if you haven't played for a considerable amount of time 2+ years or so) then you should have a day or 2 day pass to login and see how things are getting on and whether you would like to play again. Or should be able to pay something stupid like 1 euro/pound/dollar just for 1 day to do the same thing.

I know 10 pound or w/e for a month is nothing really, but for some people it is and I personally don't want to waste that money and give it to Blizzard when I could pay a lower amount.
    I believe there was a way to get 3 or 7 days for free for returning players. Dont know if it still exists.

But having people decide to only play single days is very unhealthy. The game isnt designed around that. And of course many people would use it to tunnel their playtime into few days.

Wanna do 1 m+ and then log out? Of course not....

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post

Last time I had a 5 month break they offered me 1 month of game time for free, so the not played for X amount of time is allready built in. At least it was some years ago. Don't know about now.

10+ Year Old Account

So they should cater to someone that basically hates the game outside of raiding? Why on earth would they bother?
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.