Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Our weapons, what?

I know we have to give up our weapons, but the way Magni tells us to "...use your weapons" feels kinda shifty and shady. I cant even place it, it just seems very awkward and forced.

Its like he is leading the roleplay of a group of young adults and is driving the narrative with a lot of force, so many main characters come up with "the only way is to do this!" idea as if they somehow just know it would work and nothing else will. They should not have that knowledge and they should not have so much control of the narrative.

Yeah it's one of those shitty lore plot devices that exist in service to the gameplay I think. How else could they make sense of retiring Ashbringer for a Green Sword of the Monkey?

Are the rest of your 10,000 posts all as jaded and hostile as this? Anyone reading this would think you hate the game.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

The weapon have been the core of your character during the whole expansion, maybe more than the class hall title itself since they've pushed so hard during the whole expansion to make you upgrade this so I don't think it really matters now.

The only thing that came to my head as something understandable is maybe we need to use all the power from our artifact weapons to remove sargeras sword from azeroth making them powerless.

P.S: If it's set somewhere how we remove the blade or lose the artifacts sorry i didn't see it.

Deleted
    Blizz might as well just have had no send-off for our weapons, because this is such a lame reason... not to mention, how does it even work? How do weapons like the Frostmournes or Deathwing's chin have the power to remove an absolutely immense sword from Azeorth? Just lift 'em up into the air and suddenly they're super powerful, capable of magic? Why didn't we just point our weapons at Gul'dan or Kil'jaeden then?

Quote Originally Posted by monopoly man View Post
    Blizz might as well just have had no send-off for our weapons, because this is such a lame reason... not to mention, how does it even work? How do weapons like the Frostmournes or Deathwing's chin have the power to remove an absolutely immense sword from Azeorth? Just lift 'em up into the air and suddenly they're super powerful, capable of magic? Why didn't we just point our weapons at Gul'dan or Kil'jaeden then?
    Thats what im getting at, something is off here. Does this mean doomhammer is to be destroyed?

I imagine we'll be dumping all of our AP into destroying Gorribal, essentially resetting our Artifacts. I doubt they'll be destroyed.
    Professor of History at Dalaran University

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doranian123 View Post
    Thats what im getting at, something is off here. Does this mean doomhammer is to be destroyed?
    We've been empowering our weapons this entire expansion. Every time we put AP put into our weapons its making it that much stronger. We are essentially depleting all the power we have stored in them to destroy the sword. The physical weapon its self stays intact .Our weapons have been empowered by the titans so, like how Sarg summoned his sword with his titan powers we are doing the same but opposite (this is how it makes sense to me).

so many main characters come up with "the only way is to do this!" idea as if they somehow just know it would work and nothing else will. They should not have that knowledge and they should not have so much control of the narrative.
    "The king of diamonds has been made a pawn"

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    It sucks. But I prefer this over giving the Ashbringer to Arator, who will likely fight for the Alliance when the Ashbringer could be used for the Horde, or any of those other stupid ideas people had.

Honestly we shouldn't be retiring them at all, but meh.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Isiolia View Post
    The weapon have been the core of your character during the whole expansion, maybe more than the class hall title itself since they've pushed so hard during the whole expansion to make you upgrade this so I don't think it really matters now.
    There being just one weapon with one progression path, exactly the same as everyone else's weapon, it's pretty much like you haven't had a weapon at all this expansion. You just had this obligatory thing in your hands. It would have been the same with everyone fighting with fists.

At least that's how I feel.

Also, my Brewmaster *finally* had two Horseman's Sinister Slicers sheathed on his back before Legion, and then he didn't, and I'm still salty about that.

I know we have to give up our weapons, but the way Magni tells us to "...use your weapons" feels kinda shifty and shady. I cant even place it, it just seems very awkward and forced.

Its like he is leading the roleplay of a group of young adults and is driving the narrative with a lot of force, so many main characters come up with "the only way is to do this!" idea as if they somehow just know it would work and nothing else will. They should not have that knowledge and they should not have so much control of the narrative.
    Literally every quest ever in wow.

You either do it and move on, or not, but then you get stuck.

Stop acting like you're surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Normie View Post
    There being just one weapon with one progression path, exactly the same as everyone else's weapon, it's pretty much like you haven't had a weapon at all this expansion. You just had this obligatory thing in your hands. It would have been the same with everyone fighting with fists.

At least that's how I feel.

Also, my Brewmaster *finally* had two Horseman's Sinister Slicers sheathed on his back before Legion, and then he didn't, and I'm still salty about that.
    I think that was the main complain about Legion when they announced the artifact weapon system : "Oh look everybody has ashbringer". That's the problem with our character being the biggest hero of Azeroth. Blizzard are expecting us to play our story as if we were alone but come on, it's an MMO RPG. That's probably the main flaw of the story telling in my opinion.

And I know that feel, I used to play a 1h fury warrior because I though it was suitting better for a human warrior (also used to play gladiator warrior but that's another story, before they made the spec unworthy.)

Is it known when are we "losing" our weapons? In 7.3.5/8.0 or something else?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zmuci View Post
    Is it known when are we "losing" our weapons? In 7.3.5/8.0 or something else?
    We don't have any confirmation but it seems very logical that'll it'll be a quest gating entry into the expansion opening and we'll be required to complete it to start taking part in 8.0 content.
    Looking for laid-back casual raiding on EU?
    Our community is looking for more players: Take a look and hit me up for info!

????? Where are we seeing this Magni text? I don't see any quests popping up in PTR, even.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeula View Post
    It sucks. But I prefer this over giving the Ashbringer to Arator, who will likely fight for the Alliance when the Ashbringer could be used for the Horde, or any of those other stupid ideas people had.

Honestly we shouldn't be retiring them at all, but meh.
    I wanted to give Ashbringer to Tyrosus. I want to pass the mantle over to him as the leader.

Same with all other artifacts and orders.

But yeah, Arator aint touching my Ashbringer.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

I was hoping for a more personalized sendoff for artifacts in the end, personally. Not every weapon is equal in "power level" - the remains of a Naaru is probably much stronger than the tooth of Goldrinn. Xal'atath is much stronger than, say, Felo'melorn or Thas'dorah (which would be powerful from their enchantments, but not more than the remains of an Old God). Why would the warglaives of Varedis be able to do anything to Sargeras' sword, when they were empowered only by a strong lieutenant of Sargeras who got his powers from Sargeras in the first place?

It would have been much better if each weapon would have had it's own personal ending, rather than a collective one. It makes no sense when we've heard that Alleria wants Thas'dorah back, and we've heard stories of how Xal'atath has left it's wielders for thousands of years. When everything began as a unique story to acquire each artifact, it's really disheartening to see that they won't get the same treatment in the end.

Though, people have been calling this since Legion was announced. For a long time people thought that N'Zoth would be the end boss of Legion, and they vehemently clung to the idea that we'd be sacrificing our artifacts to destroy him. They weren't entirely wrong, just a different enemy.
    3 hints to surviving MMO-C forums:
    1.) If you have an opinion, someone will say that it is wrong
    2.) If you have a source, there will be people who refuse to believe it
    3.) If you use logic, it will be largely ignored
    btw: Spires of Arak = Arakkoa.

Bloodsail Admiral Smallfruitbat's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Yeah it's one of those shitty lore plot devices that exist in service to the gameplay I think. How else could they make sense of retiring Ashbringer for a Green Sword of the Monkey?
    'The King of diamonds has been made a pawn!'

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Destinas View Post
    I was hoping for a more personalized sendoff for artifacts in the end, personally. Not every weapon is equal in "power level" - the remains of a Naaru is probably much stronger than the tooth of Goldrinn. Xal'atath is much stronger than, say, Felo'melorn or Thas'dorah (which would be powerful from their enchantments, but not more than the remains of an Old God). Why would the warglaives of Varedis be able to do anything to Sargeras' sword, when they were empowered only by a strong lieutenant of Sargeras who got his powers from Sargeras in the first place?

It would have been much better if each weapon would have had it's own personal ending, rather than a collective one. It makes no sense when we've heard that Alleria wants Thas'dorah back, and we've heard stories of how Xal'atath has left it's wielders for thousands of years. When everything began as a unique story to acquire each artifact, it's really disheartening to see that they won't get the same treatment in the end.
    I was hoping for similar. As it's PTR, things can change, and it *might* be a place holder for part of a quest. I'd kind of like to give Thrall back his toy.