Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    BfA isn't just going to be about Horde Vs Alliance.The second raid already confirms Naga and not just any Naga Queen herself is going to show up as the boss.The old gods will probably play a big part in this as well.We will do our sqwabiling and then either have to work together or fight free for all.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    I never got people who say this. Every Forsaken mob i fight in the game says "Death to the living!". Then people like you come and say they are nice and stuff. *shrugs*
    The Blood Elves say "Death to all who oppose us" but no one argues Lorthemar would slaughter all of the Humans or murder the Silver Covenant because they oppose the Sunreavers.
    The Orcs say "Blood and Honor" but no one balks an eye when they do dishonorable things.
    Orcs also say "Peace, Friend." but no one claims they're looking to sit with Anduin at the negotiating table.
    The Trolls say "Stay away from the Voodoo" but use it constantly and everyone glosses over that one.

It's almost like there's a specific bias against the Forsaken... Weird.

Seriously, though. It's their battlecry. It's not meant to be a statement of political policy but something you yell on a battlefield to strike fear into your enemies or embolden your allies or whatever.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beelzabi View Post
    I've been thinking about this, and it is very clear that the Horde is in a huge disadvantaged.
    No side will win, no side CAN win. Nuff said.

Horde is bound to lose. Why? Because it's the aggressor.

It's pretty simple: the Alliance "wins", spares the Horde because they are lawful stupid. Alliance and Horde keep existing, franchise goes on.
    If Horde won, then the Alliance would be crushed and annihilated, since Horde are stupid evil. Only Horde would remain, franchise dies.
    Whatever...

well this Battle for Azeroth is misleading cause Blizzard wants us to think that the Horde / Alliance conflict is the actual "Battle for Azeroth" but it's just serve as an introduction to a far greater threat: N'Zoth.

Think about it, N'Zoth is imprisoned under the sea, and the whole expansion is sea based with Kul Tiras, Zandalar and the mystery islands coming up for the treasure hunt. The Naga will surely be heavily featured in a patch called "Rise of the Naga Empire".

N'Zoth will quietly feed on Azeroth conflicts, first Alliance vs Horde, then Alliance & Horde vs NAGAS, and finally N'Zoth will be freed and we'll have to deal with it.

It's kinda Mist Of Pandaria all over again where Horde and Alliance dispute fed the Sha and led to the Garrosh crap Blizzard served us.

Pretty sure it's what's going to happen...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanablossom View Post
    0%, just like the alliance - which is also at 0%
    alliance won the faction war in MoP, check the video of 'horde bias' of my signature
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

5+ Year Old Account
    No one wins the World of Warcraft.

Either side can Win a given war in that world.

That war's end is just a prelude to the next war.

10+ Year Old Account
    At the end of Mist of Pandaria I would have said the Alliance hands down are winning and will win. After that the Horde gained some strength and possibly had some orcs come with them from alternate draenor but overall the Alliance seems to have been in a better position.

With these new races joining each faction that could change things. Unless I'm mistaken the Alliance have already had the dark iron dwarves on their side so that shouldn't drastically affect their military. Gaining the void elves helps but again, it is a faction of blood elves that were exiled. So it's hard to imagine the Alliance gaining huge numbers here. The main benefit to the Alliance with void elves is that it also takes away a bit from the Horde. That leaves the Alliance with the lightforged draenei which is a where they probably get the majority of their numbers from and military strength.

The Horde however gaining the Nightbourne which can be seen as either a small gain or very large gain number wise. They also gain the Highmountain Tauren which is again, a decent gain in numbers. Finally and most importantly they get the Zandalari trolls which is an absolute monster gain numberwise and it may also have other troll factions helping. Even if it doesn't the Zanadalari by themselves are a great help.

If you look at what each race brings to the table in regards to magic and machinery then the Alliance wins simply because those lightforged warframes are beast and the flying space ship is pretty scary.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    The Blood Elves say "Death to all who oppose us" but no one argues Lorthemar would slaughter all of the Humans or murder the Silver Covenant because they oppose the Sunreavers.
    The Orcs say "Blood and Honor" but no one balks an eye when they do dishonorable things.
    Orcs also say "Peace, Friend." but no one claims they're looking to sit with Anduin at the negotiating table.
    The Trolls say "Stay away from the Voodoo" but use it constantly and everyone glosses over that one.

It's almost like there's a specific bias against the Forsaken... Weird.

Seriously, though. It's their battlecry. It's not meant to be a statement of political policy but something you yell on a battlefield to strike fear into your enemies or embolden your allies or whatever.
    Erm... no. Those are things they say to their allies. The bias is yours.
    Just as the death to those that oppose tem from nelfs is just as serious. You are choosing not to take it seriously, but the minions are out there dying and saying those things. It is very real and serious to them. It's no joke.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2017-12-07 at 12:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wildspirit View Post
    Blizzard wants us to think
    I think it we would do well to remember that we aren't the general public. There are many people who aren't anywhere remotely as aware of the Old God threat plotline.

They don't want us to think this. They're quite aware they can't fool the more aware people with something that to us is quite blatant. But they don't want to spoil the surprise for those not as invested in the lore.

Zero. Zero chance. The humans and alliance have been the clear winners, good guys, and morally right / justified for years. I don't see that changing.
    Quote Originally Posted by Me
    WoW would be a great game if it weren't an MMO.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    Erm... no. Those are things they say to their allies. The bias is yours.
    Just as the death to those that oppose tem from nelfs is just as serious. You are choosing not to take it seriously, but the minions are out there dying and saying those things. It is very real and serious to them. It's no joke.
    "Death to all who oppose us" said to an ally sounds even more threatening than saying it to an enemy...

And, again, Warcries/Battlecries are meant to terrify your opponents. You can put allllll your focus on one line they speak, and I'll just look at, y'know, EVERYGODDAMNEDTHINGELSE.

But YMMV!
    Last edited by Steampunkette; 2017-12-07 at 02:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Beelzabi View Post
    I've been thinking about this, and it is very clear that the Horde is in a huge disadvantaged.

1. With the Siege of Orgrimmar, the orcs are not anymore the most powerful army on the Horde.
    2. The lightforged Draenei have a friking spaceship, with the power of the crown of the Triumvirate. And they have advanced technology.
    3. The Alliance have Malfurion, Tyrande, Velen, who are really strong by themselves, and Anduin, who apparently have super strength, and none of the Horde leaders have that kind of power.
    3. Nightborne no longer have the nightwell, so they lost their capacity of being a strong addition to the Horde.

So, how do you think the Horde will manage to not being destroyed in the first patch?

P.S. Sorry for the broken english.
    It's a fictional story... why are you asking? If Blizzard wants the Horde to win then the Horde will win; if Blizzard wants the Alliance to win then the Alliance will win.

Quote Originally Posted by In Ogres We Trust View Post
    It's a fictional story... why are you asking? If Blizzard wants the Horde to win then the Horde will win; if Blizzard wants the Alliance to win then the Alliance will win.
    yea when you discuss wow lore u need to understand that blizzard arent concerned about things like consistency or continuity. or even the basic structure of a narrative arc.

the ending to bfa will be written by first coming up with a cool cutscene and writing backwards from there. then in the next expansion we will have a new theme and everything in bfa will be ripe for retconning or just being ignored forever. if they want to do orcs again there will be another billion orcs. we will never see the vindicaar do anything ever again except be a hearthstone spot for lightforged.

Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    alliance won the faction war in MoP, check the video of 'horde bias' of my signature
    Yeah they "won" and yet did not win. If this had happened in the rts Orgrimmar would have been reduced to rubble and the orcs scattered in the wind and the horde would have most likely ceased to exist. So long as it remains an mmo neither faction will truly triumph over the other.