Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    You talked about how a character evolved but you don't specify what, the way the story portraied Sylvanas was that now she fears dying and will not waste her people so recklessly.That's even more evident by the fact that in the section of the Val'kyr, it didn't mention "as long they lived so would the Forsaken" but rather "as long as they live, so would her".

Or better yet, how about Sylvanas not giving a damn of what happens to her people until she was shown the horror that she would face in the afterlife.

You said i lack basic reading comprehension, but you suggested a story to prove your point but the story actually proves you wrong because you didn't understand what it meant.

Well you got one thing right.

There is a difference between agreeing with something and understanding why that happens.

I don't agree with the attack in stormheim, at least, not in the way it was executed.However, i can understand why Genn and Rogers went and did it anyway.

However, Sylvanas actions don't make sense, she wants to keep herself alive but yet do things that draw negative attentions from her faction and other factions.She, right after the war agaisn't the Lich King, uses plague weapons in Southshore and Gilneas.

The world just dealt with a big zombie army with plagues and now there is another zombie army with plagues in Lordaeron.
    Can't quote properly from mobile.

So, you don't see how a character evolves from a selfish vengeance driven entity to one scared of her eventual end, how the meaning of arrows in her quiver gets outgrown.

Alright. I know I'm usually not wrong, it's nice to get some confirmation from time to time.

No amount of understanding can go even with the fact that, you know, an alien fleet is trying to burn the planet to a crisp.

I guess that quarrels are more important than that. I mean, you die like an asshole but at least you get your due, right?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Uh, there seems to be a step missing in that thought process.
    I'm not really surprised. That same reasoning could justify the Stormwind attack with an equally stretched excuse. It's pointless to even try and argue.

7+ Year Old Account
    Well, Sylvanas just claimed that the "Horde's sefless leadership has left our ranks depleted"
    So... yeah both leaders say pretty much the same thing, except that Sylvanas is clearly lying about having leadership

/thread
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Well, Sylvanas just claimed that the "Horde's sefless leadership has left our ranks depleted"
    So... yeah both leaders say pretty much the same thing, except that Sylvanas is clearly lying about having leadership

/thread
    It was meant to be a propaganda to justify the war against the "evil" alliance, that is for sure.

But at the same time, what she said was not too far from the truth. She did not hold any army in reserve to preserve her strength, and the new novel also clearly stated that she worked day and night to lead the hordes in the war against legion.

She probably did more than Anduin who had to spend his time to mourn his farther and overcome his confidence issue.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash123 View Post
    the new novel also clearly stated that she worked day and night to lead the hordes in the war against legion.
    Yeah. Like that time she held the line all by herself on Val'Sharah.
    Or when she personally recovered the Hammer of Khaz'goroth.

Or that time she bailed from Helheim, leaving us trapped!
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    Yeah. Like that time she held the line all by herself on Val'Sharah.
    Or when she personally recovered the Hammer of Khaz'goroth.

Or that time she bailed from Helheim, leaving us trapped!
    She organized the resources so that the army can go to war.
    This is how a leader works in real life...

The point is not whether she sacrifices her own life or to fight in front line, is that she did not hold back resources in the war against legion. And she devoted her time to this job and actually left no time to manage her own faction. In this sense, her leadership is "selfless" enough.

ppls who played too much fantasy games have an extremely unrealistic expectation on leaders. They do not need to be saint or martyr, that is the jobs for heroes. Leaders need to lead and that is all about it.

Quote Originally Posted by iFool View Post
    Can't quote properly from mobile.

So, you don't see how a character evolves from a selfish vengeance driven entity to one scared of her eventual end, how the meaning of arrows in her quiver gets outgrown.

Alright. I know I'm usually not wrong, it's nice to get some confirmation from time to time.

No amount of understanding can go even with the fact that, you know, an alien fleet is trying to burn the planet to a crisp.

I guess that quarrels are more important than that. I mean, you die like an asshole but at least you get your due, right?

May i ask what the last part has to do with what i originally said?

What i said was that Sylvanas changed to someone that didn't want to die and only viewed her people as meat shield.

You said it wasn't like that, told be to read her fucking novel, told i didn't know read comprehesion, and when i showed evidence of my claim...
    you tell me that i didn't see what i originally said.

Are you high?

Understanding just means that you well...know why the person did it.Not that you agree.

If you can grasp that Genn attacked Sylvanas because of what she did plus to stop Eyir from being imprisioned, then you understand Why he did it.

If you don't like the fact that he did attack Sylvanas and stopped her plans.You don't agree with him.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    May i ask what the last part has to do with what i originally said?

What i said was that Sylvanas changed to someone that didn't want to die and only viewed her people as meat shield.

You said it wasn't like that, told be to read her fucking novel, told i didn't know read comprehesion, and when i showed evidence of my claim...
    you tell me that i didn't see what i originally said.

Are you high?

Understanding just means that you well...know why the person did it.Not that you agree.

If you can grasp that Genn attacked Sylvanas because of what she did plus to stop Eyir from being imprisioned, then you understand Why he did it.

If you don't like the fact that he did attack Sylvanas and stopped her plans.You don't agree with him.
    I'll just bite.

In the novel, Sylvanas goes from not caring to caring for her people, those who now are under her responsibility, the immobile statues under the rain who are no more just arrows in her quiver.

And if you don't get it, then you don't know how to comprehend a written text. And for that I'm sorry, but I can't do much for you at this stage I fear.

Genn caught Sylvanas with Eyir, true. It was however a fluke, Genn wanted to do Sylvanas in and failed. And destroyed the lantern to foil her plans.
    I don't agree with Genn because there was zero reasons for him to attack the fleet.

You don't get why, no news there. Let's just state the facts and move on with our lives: a mad dog tried to make a move on an army deployed to fight the legion, failed twice, got his share of screentime by freeing Eyir.
    Stand as one for the Alliance yada yada.

Genn caught Sylvanas with Eyir, true. It was however a fluke, Genn wanted to do Sylvanas in and failed. And destroyed the lantern to foil her plans. I don't agree with Genn because there was zero reasons for him to attack the fleet.
    You mean other than the fleet hauling biological weapon agents around in open sight? Or are you going to tell me that was peace offing of green jello in those vats, not a plague weapon to subjugate the local population?

Genn we clearly itching for a fight but I don't think the Forsaken could have given him a much better reason.

I'll just bite.

In the novel, Sylvanas goes from not caring to caring for her people, those who now are under her responsibility, the immobile statues under the rain who are no more just arrows in her quiver.

And if you don't get it, then you don't know how to comprehend a written text. And for that I'm sorry, but I can't do much for you at this stage I fear.
    So this is what people deal with Sylvanas fanboys...wow.

Sylvanas development, was not made gaining passion for her people, in fact, the Initial attempt at the Val'kyr to persuade her was showing images of what the Forsaken would become if she didn't return.

And you know what she said?""Let them perish!" Sylvanas cried. "I am finished with them!

It was only after she saw what would happen TO HER IN HELL, she changed her mind.It wasn't some dumbfounded love or care for the Forsaken.

And you keep bringing this stupid "Arrows in her quiver" did you not read the context where this was applied?Sylvanas was using them recklessly for her own gains and now needs to use them carefully.

You keep saying that can't comprehend whats written but you cleary is the one that cannot do this.

And stop bringing Genn, i already said i didn't agree with the way the stormheim attack was done.I don't like him that much nor do i give two craps about him, his just another Sylvanas.

You are trying to place this stupid character in a pedestral she doesn't belong, everyone and their mother know she doesn't want to go to hell and doesn't give a crap about anything else,and yet you claiming like she "loves her people".

Edit:
    She even says this:
    "They were a bulwark against the infinite. They were to be used wisely, and no fool orc would squander them while she still walked the world of the living."
    Last edited by Darktbs; 2017-12-12 at 12:02 AM.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    You do realize her story progressed past pre cata? Her legion bio and the snippet of the new book show her caring more about them then simply a shield.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post
    You mean other than the fleet hauling biological weapon agents around in open sight? Or are you going to tell me that was peace offing of green jello in those vats, not a plague weapon to subjugate the local population?

Genn we clearly itching for a fight but I don't think the Forsaken could have given him a much better reason.
    The Plague is a weapon. The Legion was not fought with hugs and pretty thoughts.

@Darktbs,
    You can quote but you can't understand.
    It's not a matter of being a Sylvanas fanboy, it's a matter of being a proper reader.

Next time I'll make sure to find some texts with some hashtags around so that your attention threshold can be properly respected.
    I'm done with you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually both sides did nothing against legion, and i am tired sticking around them actually. But let me made clear.

Vindicaar and Draenei delegation was actually an part of Army Of The Light. Aethas Sunreaver and Lady Liadrin, as well with Sigryn, Khadgar, Veressa Windrunner and Arator was only invited guests, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    the smartest thing to do was keeping his distance like anduin commanded then once everyone landed, split up.

sacrificing his entire ship and almost all of his troops just for lulz in an completely unnecessary attack was far far faaaaaaar from smart.
    Just for lulz? Guessing then you aren't familiar with any of the history between Gilneas and Forsaken. Completely unnecessary? Genn's fixation on stopping Sylvannas is probably the only reason she won't have an unlimited army of undead to throw at Stormwind in BfA.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Actually both sides did nothing against legion, and i am tired sticking around them actually. But let me made clear.

Vindicaar and Draenei delegation was actually an part of Army Of The Light. Aethas Sunreaver and Lady Liadrin, as well with Sigryn, Khadgar, Veressa Windrunner and Arator was only invited guests, nothing more.
    The Vindicaar was built by Draenei, not Army of the Light
    (we let them share it after we meet up; they just lost their ship so...)

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Ko Lee View Post
    Just for lulz? Guessing then you aren't familiar with any of the history between Gilneas and Forsaken. Completely unnecessary? Genn's fixation on stopping Sylvannas is probably the only reason she won't have an unlimited army of undead to throw at Stormwind in BfA.

- - - Updated - - -

The Vindicaar was built by Draenei, not Army of the Light
    (we let them share it after we meet up; they just lost their ship so...)
    Yes but that dosen't mean it was fully alliance initiative though.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Yes but that dosen't mean it was fully alliance initiative though.
    Agreed. Genn is the hawk where Sylvanas is concerned. Not surprising, since Gilneas. But all those level heads who tried to temper his suspicions may have to eat crow before this is over and thank Genn for working so hard to keep her in check.

Quote Originally Posted by Torais View Post

Does Genn have x-ray in his eyes for him to see the storage of Forsaken ships from few hundred meters away? And wow, a weapon brought to war. Totally to be used against local populations that no one in the Horde or the Alliance even knew about. And not, you know, the Legion that was the target of that war. I guess on top of x-ray vision Genn also has CSI-like zoom that allowed him to see labels on the Blight barrelss
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Stood in the Fire The5thVegetable's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I should point out, it's a safe assumption that even after the pre-patch, Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms continued to be under siege. So I imagine the reason we didn't see a whole lot of Horde and Alliance in Legion may just be them focusing more on defending their towns and cities as opposde to being offensive on the broken shore.

Of course, Blizzard haven't actually stated this because why the fuck would we know what's going on outside of the Broken Shore?
    Why do I even bother to post on this damned site?

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    why would you disband your army when another faction is so hostile towards you?
    It's the Horde that's hostile towards the Alliance so the Alliance needs to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Does Genn have x-ray in his eyes for him to see the storage of Forsaken ships from few hundred meters away?
    ...Except they were clearly on deck and in plain sight for everyone from miles around to see. Maybe Sylvannas throws a sheet over them in the Horde quest line but they don't even try to hide the vats when you are looking over the side of the Skyfire. The Alliance NPCs even make a crack about it as you fly down to the ships.

And wow, a weapon brought to war. Totally to be used against local populations that no one in the Horde or the Alliance even knew about. And not, you know, the Legion that was the target of that war. I guess on top of x-ray vision Genn also has CSI-like zoom that allowed him to see labels on the Blight barrelss
    Yes, the weapon that was outlawed even by the Horde years ago. And if I have to explain why deploying a bioweapon like the Forsaken Plague in the area of an neutral population is a bad idea even if Sylvannas was going to use it on the demons (which she shows no evidence of or even bothers trying to in any other area of the campaign), I don't think anything I say will get through to you. And this is even before the fact we take in to the account Sylvannas going ahead and trying to enslave the divine beings of said local population anyway.
    Last edited by Torais; 2017-12-12 at 01:04 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    You do realize her story progressed past pre cata? Her legion bio and the snippet of the new book show her caring more about them then simply a shield.
    so much that Blizz had to cut the Plot that she will have to chose between her own soul and her people because it would have meant no more Forsaken?