Beta Key Giveaway Week 3: Winners have been selected!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    He's not wrong. Yes they helped, but from everything we've seen, Sylvanas is going to start this war. We've seen nothing that shows Anduin as preparing for war or even hints at war.

Well, both sides incurred losses at the Broken Shore. There's a daily quest from Velen where we defend the souls of the fallen horde from the Feltotem's fuckery. But, beyond that, you have Sylvanas being a shithead in Stormheim, doing selfish, warmongering garbage in trying to enslave an entire race of beings through working with Helja of all people. But there's also the help Lady Liadrin offered to the Nightborne in Suramar, which while Tyrande did give aid, it was begrudgingly (and she's a fucking prat, so screw her. I wish I could be another alliance race as a Demon Hunter.)

Beyond the Sylvanas/Stormheim thing, both sides were equal in what happened in Legion content.

Druids/Malfurion took care of the Nightmare.

Warriors/Odyn took care of Helheim.

Night/Blood Elves took care of Suramar.

Everyone/Velen took care of Argus.

But yea, in all of this, Sylvanas was more interested in sabotaging everyone for her own personal greed than fighting the Legion. While I hate what Malf/Tyrande have become, I think it's absolutely absurd how much power the Horde's invested into Sylvanas, when she'd clearly see Azeroth burn if it meant killing everyone for power.
    Kilroy was here.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    So nobody but the Blood Elves. Everyone else is Alliance or was Alliance.
    And those who were Alliance don't count anymore for obvious reasons of basic chronology.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    So nobody but the Blood Elves. Everyone else is Alliance or was Alliance.
    Blood Elves for Horde and Draenei for Alliance, essentially. Since the Horde and Alliance are largely out of scope for the bulk of Legion the majority of the forward movement is a product of the Class Orders in cooperation with the Army of the Light as far as the Argus campaign goes.
    "This is what I am called. I'm called Glad-of-War, Grim, Raider, and Third. I am One-Eyed. I am also called Highest, and True-Guesser. I am Grimnir, and the Hooded One. I am All-Father, Gondlir Wand-Bearer. I have as many names as there are winds, as many titles as there are ways to die. My ravens are Huginn and Muninn: Thought and Memory. My wolves are Freki and Geri. My horse is the gallows."

Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    What the fuck? The only time the Alliance did shit was when they stupidly got their asses kicked on the Broken Shore. The rest of the time they were off fucking around with Sylvanas. Meanwhile Velen and the draenei carried the whole fucking war on their own with minimal help from the Alliance(help that was matched by the Horde), if 2 elves can even be considered help.

Anduin can go fuck himself. No wonder Velen's sitting in the corner looking pissed as fuck in the embassy building.
    Lol i know you're being a troll but i'll bite. Other than Aethas fighting on Argus and Lady Liadrin doing stuff, did any horde "leaders" do anything other than sylvanas trying to become immortal for her own selfish reasons?

Once again the "almighty" fighters of the horde have to lean on the alliance and it's heroes.

And at least our leader didn't get one shot by a random demon mob because they got flanked from a flanking position lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Lady Liadrin, Silgryn, Aethas are present representing the Horde. Silgryn is still affiliated with the neutral Nightfallen at this point, but he travels to the Exodar aboard the Blood Elven craft with Liadrin and Aethas. Technically the only Alliance leaders present on the Vindicaar are Velen and Vereesa. Turalyon is part of the presently neutral Army of the Light, as is Alleria. Khadgar is neutral as leader of the Kirin Tor.
    Arator is Alliance and at this point, Silgryn is still neutral.

Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Arator is Alliance and at this point, Silgryn is still neutral.
    Arator joined the Silver Hand after the death of Tirion, essentially making him a member of the neutral Paladin Order Hall.
    "This is what I am called. I'm called Glad-of-War, Grim, Raider, and Third. I am One-Eyed. I am also called Highest, and True-Guesser. I am Grimnir, and the Hooded One. I am All-Father, Gondlir Wand-Bearer. I have as many names as there are winds, as many titles as there are ways to die. My ravens are Huginn and Muninn: Thought and Memory. My wolves are Freki and Geri. My horse is the gallows."

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Arator joined the Silver Hand after the death of Tirion, essentially making him a member of the neutral Paladin Order Hall.
    As did Liandry, she is even one of the First the Paladin recruit to join the Order.

The only one that is not neutral or in a Order hall is Veressa, and that is a stretch since she appears in the Hunter campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    He thought the muffin thief was a minion Of the legion. Blizzard is in on the joke of him being completely incompetent
    Yeah. "I sense an entity that wields potent forces with great malevolence. This fiend must be brought down!" It's a weasel who steals muffins.
    If you want to find out who rules you, find out whose opinions you're not allowed to disagree with without being punished.

Game-wise yeah, we didn't get a lot of implication from the Horde. But hey, that's a totally normal thing when everybody complained about the previous expansions being "too heavily Horde-oriented". You couldn't have Lor'themar or Saurfang leading any assault on the Legion without people complaining all day long.

Guess Blizzard tried to remain neutral in-game, but I'm nearly sure that in the lore, both sides were heavily involved.

It's just from Anduin and Sylvanas' perceptions that the other side did nothing to help. That's how politics go.

The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Yeah. "I sense an entity that wields potent forces with great malevolence. This fiend must be brought down!" It's a weasel who steals muffins.
    Carefully wrapped muffins at that. Then again, why do the muffins sometimes have artifact power inside of them? Unless the weasel was part of an underground artifact power smuggling operation.

Maybe Aethas was onto something.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.

Yeah that thing stole his muffin and he was too incompetent to get it back.
    He who sees his own doom can better avoid its path. He who sees the doom of others can deliver it.

The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    He’s trying his best.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.

Well, he isn't wrong, but he never stated that the Horde didn't help... However, from playing the game, it is obvious that there are a few token subfactions of the Horde that are possibly present, namely the Sunreavers and Blood Knights, both being Blood Elf forces.

Carefully wrapped muffins at that. Then again, why do the muffins sometimes have artifact power inside of them? Unless the weasel was part of an underground artifact power smuggling operation.

The AP token is a phoenix feather to boot. I'm smelling Final Fantasy reference.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    When in doubt, hire a professional. Isn't that how the world works?
    If you want to find out who rules you, find out whose opinions you're not allowed to disagree with without being punished.

Turalyon, Alleria, Velen, Khadgar. They're all from the Alliance, they did it by themselves.
    Illidan is factionless.

What horde did? I mean beside dying on the broken shore and running like rats?

I do have to say it is sometimes fun reading threads like this. People are so passionate about things that are made up and no real person is involved with, but yet argue like Horde and Alliance are real things and actually made real decisions. Guess that's why I'm not much of a RPer, I can't get beyond this is all a predetermined story. Maybe I'm less bias because I play both factions, shame on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I do have to say it is sometimes fun reading threads like this. People are so passionate about things that are made up and no real person is involved with, but yet argue like Horde and Alliance are real things and actually made real decisions. Guess that's why I'm not much of a RPer, I can't get beyond this is all a predetermined story. Maybe I'm less bias because I play both factions, shame on me.
    Shame on you.

But it's fun right? And I think it's very cool that people are so passionate about it. Makes it more alive. I guess most people play both sides somewhat, but most also leans to one of the sides

For the Holliance!

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    I mean he preached peace patience ect.

Now hes a little shit going to war. So yeah he lied. Fuxk it heel turn anduin

Blizzard cant consistently write alliance characters to save their lives the entire faction is so unlikable.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes Mathias Shaw was replaced
    That's not inconsistency, that's called character development.

"I now believe as you do: Peace is the noblest aspiration.

But to preserve it, you must be willing to FIGHT." -Varian, in his final letter to Anduin.

Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    Lol i know you're being a troll but i'll bite. Other than Aethas fighting on Argus and Lady Liadrin doing stuff, did any horde "leaders" do anything other than sylvanas trying to become immortal for her own selfish reasons?

Once again the "almighty" fighters of the horde have to lean on the alliance and it's heroes.

And at least our leader didn't get one shot by a random demon mob because they got flanked from a flanking position lol.
    Psst, dude.
    The Forsaken in Stormheim are the only sizable military force in all the Broken Isles aside from the Illidari in Azsuna.

And Genn tried to bomb the whole army sent there.
    Because he's an idiot.
    And sent spies undercover to sabotage the deployment of whatever force the Forsaken were setting up.
    Because he's an idiot.

The Alliance and its heroes do jackshit before the Broken Shore under the Alliance banner. The only plausible action is the PC's intervention.
    Which coincidentally is the same thing that happens on Argus.

But yeah, let's conveniently forget stuff. I see it's a recurring theme.