Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Darktbs View Post
    Arator is Alliance and at this point, Silgryn is still neutral.
    Arator joined the Silver Hand after the death of Tirion, essentially making him a member of the neutral Paladin Order Hall.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Arator joined the Silver Hand after the death of Tirion, essentially making him a member of the neutral Paladin Order Hall.
    As did Liandry, she is even one of the First the Paladin recruit to join the Order.

The only one that is not neutral or in a Order hall is Veressa, and that is a stretch since she appears in the Hunter campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    He thought the muffin thief was a minion Of the legion. Blizzard is in on the joke of him being completely incompetent
    Yeah. "I sense an entity that wields potent forces with great malevolence. This fiend must be brought down!" It's a weasel who steals muffins.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Game-wise yeah, we didn't get a lot of implication from the Horde. But hey, that's a totally normal thing when everybody complained about the previous expansions being "too heavily Horde-oriented". You couldn't have Lor'themar or Saurfang leading any assault on the Legion without people complaining all day long.

Guess Blizzard tried to remain neutral in-game, but I'm nearly sure that in the lore, both sides were heavily involved.

It's just from Anduin and Sylvanas' perceptions that the other side did nothing to help. That's how politics go.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by cparle87 View Post
    Yeah. "I sense an entity that wields potent forces with great malevolence. This fiend must be brought down!" It's a weasel who steals muffins.
    Carefully wrapped muffins at that. Then again, why do the muffins sometimes have artifact power inside of them? Unless the weasel was part of an underground artifact power smuggling operation.

Maybe Aethas was onto something.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Yeah that thing stole his muffin and he was too incompetent to get it back.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    He’s trying his best.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Well, he isn't wrong, but he never stated that the Horde didn't help... However, from playing the game, it is obvious that there are a few token subfactions of the Horde that are possibly present, namely the Sunreavers and Blood Knights, both being Blood Elf forces.

Carefully wrapped muffins at that. Then again, why do the muffins sometimes have artifact power inside of them? Unless the weasel was part of an underground artifact power smuggling operation.

The AP token is a phoenix feather to boot. I'm smelling Final Fantasy reference.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    When in doubt, hire a professional. Isn't that how the world works?
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Turalyon, Alleria, Velen, Khadgar. They're all from the Alliance, they did it by themselves.
    Illidan is factionless.

What horde did? I mean beside dying on the broken shore and running like rats?

I do have to say it is sometimes fun reading threads like this. People are so passionate about things that are made up and no real person is involved with, but yet argue like Horde and Alliance are real things and actually made real decisions. Guess that's why I'm not much of a RPer, I can't get beyond this is all a predetermined story. Maybe I'm less bias because I play both factions, shame on me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I do have to say it is sometimes fun reading threads like this. People are so passionate about things that are made up and no real person is involved with, but yet argue like Horde and Alliance are real things and actually made real decisions. Guess that's why I'm not much of a RPer, I can't get beyond this is all a predetermined story. Maybe I'm less bias because I play both factions, shame on me.
    Shame on you.

But it's fun right? And I think it's very cool that people are so passionate about it. Makes it more alive. I guess most people play both sides somewhat, but most also leans to one of the sides

For the Holliance!

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    I mean he preached peace patience ect.

Now hes a little shit going to war. So yeah he lied. Fuxk it heel turn anduin

Blizzard cant consistently write alliance characters to save their lives the entire faction is so unlikable.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes Mathias Shaw was replaced
    That's not inconsistency, that's called character development.

"I now believe as you do: Peace is the noblest aspiration.

But to preserve it, you must be willing to FIGHT." -Varian, in his final letter to Anduin.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Highelf View Post
    Lol i know you're being a troll but i'll bite. Other than Aethas fighting on Argus and Lady Liadrin doing stuff, did any horde "leaders" do anything other than sylvanas trying to become immortal for her own selfish reasons?

Once again the "almighty" fighters of the horde have to lean on the alliance and it's heroes.

And at least our leader didn't get one shot by a random demon mob because they got flanked from a flanking position lol.
    Psst, dude.
    The Forsaken in Stormheim are the only sizable military force in all the Broken Isles aside from the Illidari in Azsuna.

And Genn tried to bomb the whole army sent there.
    Because he's an idiot.
    And sent spies undercover to sabotage the deployment of whatever force the Forsaken were setting up.
    Because he's an idiot.

The Alliance and its heroes do jackshit before the Broken Shore under the Alliance banner. The only plausible action is the PC's intervention.
    Which coincidentally is the same thing that happens on Argus.

But yeah, let's conveniently forget stuff. I see it's a recurring theme.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyrt View Post
    Yes, Velen. Who had to go to Argus without support from the rest of the Alliance. Just like he had to defend the Exodar on his own. The Alliance has utterly failed to uphold their alliance with the draenei this expansion.
    In honesty it's bad storytelling on Blizzards part, the whole notion of the horde 'retreating' on the Broken Shore was just paper thin at best and was just used as a device to set the stage for an even thinner continuing conflict.They're trying to make both factions feel like the 'heroes' of the story and are utterly failing to do so.

That said, Velen and the draenei are clearly alliance races, and Alliance races basically solo'd this entire expansion. Again even more bad storytelling from Blizzards part. You're telling me they couldn't involve more prominent horde members too?

All of that said, Alliance rules, Horde drool. How you feel? ;D

i believe ppl expect way too much 2017 from blizzard. we are no longer in wotlk or before guys. wether the lore is more than superficial, nor blizzards writers think about it that much, like you do here, about such stuff like the lines OP mentioned.

look at Legion. full of lore. Legion throw in 80% of all lore elements in one xpac. but they just used it superficial in every order hall stuff etc. in the end it was „we must stop xyz cause of daaanger“ all the time, just wrapped into some X lore, superficial used to carry all that shit. nothing of the lore used, was deep, enhanced, differentiated or at least a good story (besides the new bigger main elements like suramar etc).

or in short: blizz is just using existing lore, builded up since years, in a heavy superficial way, just to carry some adventure quest mmo shit. what anduin says is there for the same reasons and not that well thought ppl try to interpret here.
    Last edited by Niwes; 2017-12-09 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rcarp89 View Post
    All of that said, Alliance rules, Horde drool. How you feel? ;D
    I feel like the Alliance sucks if they more or less abandoned one of their members to fend for themselves against the biggest enemy they've ever faced.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iFool View Post
    Psst, dude.
    The Forsaken in Stormheim are the only sizable military force in all the Broken Isles aside from the Illidari in Azsuna.

Because he's an idiot.
    And sent spies undercover to sabotage the deployment of whatever force the Forsaken were setting up.
    Because he's an idiot.

The Alliance and its heroes do jackshit before the Broken Shore under the Alliance banner. The only plausible action is the PC's intervention.

So he's an idiot because you think so. He stopped Sylvanas from becoming Arthas 2.0. And you haven't given me an example of horde doing...anything.

Well, in-game, neither side did much, the only organized military forces were a bunch of night and blood elves near Suramar (Sticking “kick me”-notes on each other’s backs while we did the work), and in Stormheim human and forsaken forces working for or against Sylvanas’ “Get out of hell free”-plan...

The actual work was done by factions already living on the isles before we set foot there and the class orders.

Anduin wasn’t wrong, the horde is getting their trusty backstabbing-knife ready, so we need allies.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by iFool View Post
    Psst, dude.

Because he's an idiot.
    Because he's an idiot.

He stopped Sylvanas from becoming a potentially infinite number of Val'kyr which she would nearly 100% surely used to commit a genocide against the human race.
    So, no. What Genn did was the smartest thing to do, crushing Sylvanas forces and stopping her from getting the Val'kyr is the best possible option, as the chances of beating the Legion are lowered but if the Legion wins, it will take at least everyone out, Sylvanas and her Forsaken as well. If Sylvanas got the Val'kyr, the chances of beating the Legion may have been become higher, but there would have been a certainty that Sylvanas would have used it against humanity afterwards and commited Genocide on them, which would have rendered a victory against the Legion useless as they would not benefit from it.

With Sylvanas planning to attack Stormwind unprovoked in the upcoming Novel, it is proven that Genn is right. Sylvanas would have attacked humanity, no matter what, and Genn just stripped her of the means of being successful on commiting genocide on them. It goes even further, we know that the Forsake will lose their entire entire land and will be on the brink of extinction. So basically, in the final end Genns actions lead to the best possible outcome for Genn. There was nothing to win from not attacking Sylvanas while attacking Sylvanas gave him the complete victory in the longer run.