Stealth detection abilities.

Dispel Illusions - Draw upon your arcane sight, piercing illusions and invisibility within 15 yards.

Nightborne racial. When is this going to stop ? I literally dont feel like i can go invisible anymore. Evey class can protect themselves from rogue openers, hunters and traps/flare, shamans and totems, and now we have demon hunters and nightborne where they literally get you out of stealth. Rogues rely too much on the opener. This is not good.

Thoughts ?

Stealth is not Invisibility. At least, it wasn't last time i looked.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Invisibility isn't stealth.

Invis = potions/mages.

10+ Year Old Account
    They must know you're there first.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

An illusion what are you hiding

Doesn't break stealth in suramar

Quote Originally Posted by Nekroman View Post
    An illusion what are you hiding

Doesn't break stealth in suramar
    Ummm, yes. It absolutely does. Constantly.

Only once it pops. Yea youre right though, i usually step into sap. My bad.

When it is like the suramar npc's we don't have to worry one bit. I even say it is just for fun because who doesn't like an "An illusion? What are you hiding?" from times to times.
    Dying could endanger your health!

The human racial to increase your ability to see stealth was removed for a reason, I doubt they're dumb enough to put it back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurrora View Post
    The human racial to increase your ability to see stealth was removed for a reason, I doubt they're dumb enough to put it back in.
    It's a active, lasts briefly and is actually short range. Most classes can accomplish the same effect by just throwing out a AoE. It is only useful to classes or specs that don't have a easily spammable AoE around them / require targets.
    A DH is way more nasty in terms of catching you out.

Get more info before complaining. Of what we do know, it's 15 yards, any rogue spec can get to their target from outside 15 yards. If it's a casted ability, then it's completely useless. If its passive and lets them see you by just being in range, then it's just slightly less useless, but still useless.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

I think you guys are running to the defense of the game too quickly. This is a BAD idea. The number of stealth-piercers in WoW has increased enough to make me quit my Rogue.

Why have a hate ability against a mechanic used exclusively by one class? And Rogues aren't even that strong now that they destroyed them with nerfs... I just don't get it.

As people have said, this probably won't see Stealth. Stealth is an entirely different effect than Invisibility, including in the game's code (if I'm not mistaken).

But yes the Demon Hunter Stealth reveal is fucking stupid. You could always throw out AoE spam or Hunter Flares or something to try finding a Rogue but almost never has it been as bad as just "click button, see Rogues". It's fucking stupid and way too powerful and anti-one specific class.

Quote Originally Posted by Orissan View Post
    It's a active, lasts briefly and is actually short range. Most classes can accomplish the same effect by just throwing out a AoE. It is only useful to classes or specs that don't have a easily spammable AoE around them / require targets.
    You are describing the human racial Perception, which was removed for being totally stupid to play against.

What's the stealth detection version of a power creep? Because this is it.

Quote Originally Posted by Creativlol View Post
    When it is like the suramar npc's we don't have to worry one bit. I even say it is just for fun because who doesn't like an "An illusion? What are you hiding?" from times to times.

Agreed--especially if it gives you that little circle around the character whos casting it, its not too bad to reckon with. There may also be a cd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    You need sunlight. You need movement. You need fresh air. You need green nature. It is just as important as eating healthy, sleeping properly and so on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    Have faith in us. Americans are fighters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flares, human racial etc never mattered much to rogues. Every ability that is used to detect stealth has a means to get around and still get your openers off.

If they get stealth detection as a racial, rogues will learn to get around it.
    We are WARRIORS man! If we can't make it bleed, we will sure as hell dent the f%^ck out of it!

Quote Originally Posted by Tholl View Post
    Flares, human racial etc never mattered much to rogues. Every ability that is used to detect stealth has a means to get around and still get your openers off.

Not that my memory is much to brag about but I can't remember a time where it was easier to get the opener on my rogue.

Does this break stealth or merely show your model?

Stealth classes move fast and have 5 or 10y range on openers.

If that racial does not kick you out of stealth then its unlikely the player can react in 0.5 sec between u being seen and iniiating.

Quote Originally Posted by Tholl View Post

Garbage post. The Demon Hunter racial and their longrange throw/bleed totally ruin Rogues and there's nothing you can do about it. You simply don't get your opener. Let's not forget the days of the old Ring of Honor arena where both teams would come up out of the ground 3 feet away from each other, meaning a Rogue usually didn't get to have their opener.