What "Important Improvements" does MMO-Champ need?

As you're saying I can pay $0.99 for MMO-C Premium to help implement important improvements, can you share what important improvements they are?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    Wallets being full is important thing to have.
    *cough cough*

"Wallets being full", bwahahaha... 1 dollar a month pr. user ain't that much when you also have to pay for the site and connection, and it is clear that it isn't the major pile of people yet.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

MMO-C needs (in terms of infrastructure) at most, $5000-7000 a year depending on how advanced they want to get with their load-balancing and db replication. Infrastructure is cheap as hell.

Even with ~50% of users blocking ads, they are making bank on ad revenue.

Tweaked forum sites do not require much of a storage, just lots of code which overall is not usually more than few (hundred sometimes) megabytes. If you count just one site, with one domain and hosting, that's not expensive either - up to 100-150$. If you say that "it isn't the major pile of people yet", I am not sure why would they even try to give a "premium" feature if it doesn't going to pay out well. The only reason someone would do it is because they are either sad or they can actually gain something effective.
    I'm unsure if you're trying to say they could use GoDaddy (since it's a single domain and a few hundred MB) or that their infrastructure cost is anywhere near $150, neither of which are remotely true. Their forum DB alone is easily in the hundreds of GB.

You know there's this thing called the Front Page that needs constant work too, right? It's not just some static forum pages that need to be hosted online.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tweaked forum sites do not require much of a storage, just lots of code which overall is not usually more than few (hundred sometimes) megabytes. If you count just one site, with one domain and hosting, that's not expensive either - up to 100-150$. If you say that "it isn't the major pile of people yet", I am not sure why would they even try to give a "premium" feature if it doesn't going to pay out well. The only reason someone would do it is because they are either sad or they can actually gain something effective.
    Premium isn't really meant to payout when so cheap, more a QoL thing. As well, I am almost certain the price tag is more than 150 dollars on this.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

To answer the question, stuff I would love to do if I had the time in no particular order: Make the site more mobile friendly, have time to fix some long standing bugs, a bit of a design refresh, lots of internal tools need work, expand the content we produce, make some cool new tools for users, get SSL working, add 2FA, expand various forum systems we already have in place, and much more.

Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    MMO-C needs (in terms of infrastructure) at most, $5000-7000 a year depending on how advanced they want to get with their load-balancing and db replication. Infrastructure is cheap as hell.

Even with ~50% of users blocking ads, they are making bank on ad revenue.
    Yeah if we had no employees and less servers/bandwidth usage this would be accurate. Fortunately that isn't the case.