Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Banned for using Corsair and need some help

Need some guidance and help here team. Last night my account was banned for 3rd party software, botting for short. On 11/30 there was a rotation bot ban wave that my account was picked up. I use the Corsair Scimitar along with the software to let me macro shift left click for button 1, etc, to use with vuhdo. I set the MS between each click to 5 which is what caused me to get picked up as a bot. I easily could have keybound the buttons to anything and just made them mouse over macros for the exact same affect. Each time I call they say it is reviewed and there is nothing they can do but clearly their is a little more that they could do because is this really a ban-able offense. I get it that they are like this is protocol but clearly this cannot be a ban that should be upheld when there is 0 benefit. Actually setting a set ms makes it less effective so I was making it a disadvantage. Any tips, advice, or help would be appreciated.

Why didn't you just keybind it then, if it's easy and produces the same effect?

So you knew that using the software is illegal, but you think it's okay because they should just trust you that you don't use it for its intended purposes.

Play dumb games, win dumb prizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    Why didn't you just keybind it then, if it's easy and produces the same effect?
    Because he was probably also really botting.

I know now after doing hours of research

Quote Originally Posted by RJMAR View Post
    Need some guidance and help here team. Last night my account was banned for 3rd party software, botting for short. On 11/30 there was a rotation bot ban wave that my account was picked up. I use the Corsair Scimitar along with the software to let me macro shift left click for button 1, etc, to use with vuhdo. I set the MS between each click to 5 which is what caused me to get picked up as a bot. I easily could have keybound the buttons to anything and just made them mouse over macros for the exact same affect. Each time I call they say it is reviewed and there is nothing they can do but clearly their is a little more that they could do because is this really a ban-able offense. I get it that they are like this is protocol but clearly this cannot be a ban that should be upheld when there is 0 benefit. Actually setting a set ms makes it less effective so I was making it a disadvantage. Any tips, advice, or help would be appreciated.
    Sounds more like a scapegoat excuse to try make like you are innocent, to hide the rest of the cheating you do.

Not that it matters anyway, you fell foul of the ToU regardless of method or intention, you've had multiple emails with them telling you the same thing, if it was as minor as you say then they would likely have unbanned you rather than uphold the ban for a minor infraction.

I did it with the razer naga for years but since u cant set a ms it wouldn't be consistent. It was a habit i didn't even think about

you were using botting software. That's against the ToS. What you claim you were using it for is immaterial.

Botting. Not even Once.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Actually setting a set ms makes it less effective so I was making it a disadvantage.
    So why did you do it?

10+ Year Old Account
    What do you mean with, 'ms'? (Sorry).

As well, MMO-champion aren't able to help with your ban and your case does sound a little on shaky ground as you did use a 3rd party software. Am I getting the right understanding at the marked text, you set an addon to press a button for you after each 5th click, is that right? If so, then you know why you are banned.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I would agree if they didn't do a mass ban were they are getting thousands of identical messages probably

IDK how a software for a mouse is considered Illegal. But to get banned and not get any answer from blizzard as to why is not fair. I mean shouldnt one get the evidence.
    IDK, to me this isn't the same as botting. and definately not worthy of a 500 day ban.

the problem isnt the ms the problem is that your binded 2 keypresses into 1. you are only allowed 1 key press per macro or binding.

What i did was have a a button register as shift click when I pressed say numpad 1 on the 12 button mmo mouse

I would agree if they didn't do a mass ban were they are getting thousands of identical messages probably
    Yeah...all those messages where people claim that they "dindu nuffin".
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

the shift button or the shift button and mouse click?

Thanks for the clarification drivec. Makes me feel better at least

- - - Updated - - -

so why not, not knowing it at the time i didn't think it would do it, yeah looking back its obvious.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by drivec View Post
    the problem isnt the ms the problem is that your binded 2 keypresses into 1. you are only allowed 1 key press per macro or binding.
    Wow does not recognize the extra buttons on my mouse for example. I have used shift+P and shift+Å on my mouse for years, i don't think that's illegal in any way.

edit: its not illegal to bind 2 buttons into one (when the action could be done with one button by default). It is illegal to make one button do more than one action though, if that makes sense. You can bind any combination of buttons to "jump" but you cannot bind 1 button to jump twice.
    Last edited by mmoc029e10d7f3; 2017-12-01 at 07:21 PM.

ya it sucks that you got banned for it. unfortunately blizzard is a big company and if they did something special in your case they would have to reveiw each one which would most likely be better but its easier for them to blanket ban all cases and not have to come up with specific rules for every case which leads to discrepancies like they have had in the past

Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    What do you mean with, 'ms'? (Sorry).

As well, MMO-champion aren't able to help with your ban and your case does sound a little on shaky ground as you did use a 3rd party software. Am I getting the right understanding at the marked text, you set an addon to press a button for you after each 5th click, is that right? If so, then you know why you are banned.
    He set the software to spam the ability at 5 MS (millisecond) for a rapid fire action while just holding down the button once.