The site is currently in read-only mode.


The site is currently in read-only mode
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    i would like that because i'm not a huge fan of elves ... they are ok but i would prefer nightborne by a mile.

    Lorewise it doesn make sense but it could ... Illidan couldve been helping during all legion train a few recruits, or we could "train a few recruits" duno lost in other regions like azsuna, so they arent exactly from Suramar.

    BE idle position tilting to one side is a bit annoying

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Faerillis View Post
    I don't see Nightborne Demon Hunters. At all.

    Look at the Demon Hunter quests, now remember that the Nightborne can only leave Suramar without sources of Arcane Magic and not wither because of the Arcandor.
    Same thing couldve been said for BE and their sunwell, all elves are junkies, and before you say BE got cured they got cured or started AFTER they left for outland and Illidan, so the ones who joined him were still addicted, i think "eating" a demon actually solves that.

  2. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by Sendula View Post
    They wouldn't. As Xhul'Horac in Hellfire Citadel has shown, pure void and pure fel explode, really violently, on contact. Void elves have pure void imbued into their very essence. Demon Hunters are gorging on pure fel and mixing it with their soul. What makes you think these wouldn't just go BOOM in instant?

    Nightborne also make very little sense. Illidan created the Demon Hunters specifically to destroy the Legion, now the Legion is gone and so is Illidan.
    We have no lore mentions of anyone else performing the ritual. The trainers we have can teach new people combat, but the inner demon implanting was Illidan's thing. Remember, other mages, such as Jace Darkweaver can no longer use magic because the fel makes it too difficult. As if it was an impairing radio signal, so to speak.
    I would find it absolutely hilarious if the option for Void DH's was put in to the character creation screen but the intro cinematic just ended with the sound of a wet squelching explosion and when you loaded in the character was an unresable splatter.
    Tell the people that you care for you love them,
    Because Life is Short.
    Scream it at them in German,
    Because Life is Terrifying and Confusing as well.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    Illidan trained the Demon Hunter players in/before TBC. They are Illidari. Nightborne were still hiding in their bubble at this time. So they couldn't be Illidari unless Blizzard changed it. Additionally I don't know how you rationalize new Demon Hunters being created AFTER the Legion has been dealt with. Why would Demon Hunters even allow more people to undergo the ritual after the Legion is dealt with? Fusing your soul with the soul of a Demon to them was a necessary evil to defeat the Legion, but without the threat of the Legion you'd basically just be a more-evil warlock in their eyes.

    The Legion is always a threat. It will always be a threat. Entire planetary systems are still conquered and controlled by the Legion.

    The Illidari are training new recruits as we speak in their class hall. It makes sense.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    I would find it absolutely hilarious if the option for Void DH's was put in to the character creation screen but the intro cinematic just ended with the sound of a wet squelching explosion and when you loaded in the character was an unresable splatter.
    I would support this.
    Revelation 21:6 - I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End.

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev21Sihx View Post
    The Legion is always a threat. It will always be a threat. Entire planetary systems are still conquered and controlled by the Legion.

    The Illidari are training new recruits as we speak in their class hall. It makes sense.
    I'm not sure you've seen the cutscene at the end of Antorus? I also don't think the people in the class hall are new recruits. Just lesser demon hunters. None of them are even called recruits, just Enforcer for most of the ones practicing.

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by Better View Post
    I'm not sure you've seen the cutscene at the end of Antorus? I also don't think the people in the class hall are new recruits. Just lesser demon hunters. None of them are even called recruits, just Enforcer for most of the ones practicing.
    Oh, I've seen it. But seriously, look up the Legion.

    The leader is gone now, sure I get that.

    But the fact remains that the story depicts vast worlds still controlled with uncountable numbers of demons.

    That is enough to still have a goal, to still train more to go rid the worlds of these demons.

    Mardum is just one world out of who knows how many that are just filled with them.

    As you are questing as your DH, leading up to actually getting into Legion, other quest giver DH's talk about their wish to take the fight to these others worlds once they have dealt with the current threat. Many speak of returning to Mardum even, to cleanse the planet.
    Revelation 21:6 - I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End.

  6. #46
    No. DH were made whilst Illidan was at the BT. No Nightborne or Void Elves could be there in the story.

  7. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev21Sihx View Post
    Oh, I've seen it. But seriously, look up the Legion.

    The leader is gone now, sure I get that.

    But the fact remains that the story depicts vast worlds still controlled with uncountable numbers of demons.

    That is enough to still have a goal, to still train more to go rid the worlds of these demons.

    Mardum is just one world out of who knows how many that are just filled with them.

    As you are questing as your DH, leading up to actually getting into Legion, other quest giver DH's talk about their wish to take the fight to these others worlds once they have dealt with the current threat. Many speak of returning to Mardum even, to cleanse the planet.
    They no longer have the ability to respawn quickly, that was tied to Argus for whatever reason (Blizzard retconned this in Legion to make it feel like we were actually doing something). In theory they now respawn somewhere random, and take much longer to do so.

    They also have NO leaders. We killed their top 3 (maybe 4, depending on how you view Aggramar), and they had no sign of another person pulling strings for them at all. The major threat that the Legion was is actually fairly minor now. They actually suffer casualties, and don't have somebody telling them what to do. I'm sure if Blizzard actually wants to write anything more for them they will have internal power struggles, major divisions, probably multiple civil wars to go through before another leader actually rises to any kind of power. Even then I don't think the power of that leader could rival Sargearas'

  8. #48
    not sure why people are so against having other race options available for the class. I mean they cite lore as the major reason for not wanting them but, there were people doing the same thing when it came to night elf mages, gnome hunters, etc. If I recall correctly they even joked about how tauren paladins didn't make much sense lore wise but they still added. Heck all this importance of "not ruining lore or making it fit in lore" seems odd when so many people, maybe not the ones posting here, don't really care about lore to that degree.

  9. #49
    If Illidan was able to train Night Elves and Blood Elves to become Demon Hunters, other notable Demon Hunters like Kor'Vas, Altruis, Kayn, Vandel, Needle could train the Nightborne.

    It's not so hard to understand. Nightborne can easily become demon hunter, even more so after the legion influenced some of them in Suramar.

    Have you read the Illidan book? Night/Blood Elves undergo a ritual to turn into Demon Hunters, a ritual that was invented by Illidan but not only him could do it, there are others who can.

    It's a ritual performed by eating a demon's heart, the demon will consume you from within and if you survive his nightmarish, infernal torment you will control him and thus becoming a demon hunter. The tattoos are binding runes for the demon within.

    So hell yeah, I can't wait for Nightborne demon hunters. The only reason I'm not playing horde now is because I don't like male Blood Elves as DHs.

  10. #50
    Stood in the Fire Resentless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    edgeville
    Posts
    367
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev21Sihx View Post
    There are a couple new discussions that have been had with Dev's over the starting level of the new Allied Races having an effect on the ability for them to be "Hero" classes, such as DK and DH.

    A new interview has popped up that has Blizzard addressing the issue and saying that it is a hurdle, but something they may look into adapting, their example being Dark Iron Dwarves being Dk's.

    With that new information, what do you guys see for Nightborne DH?

    I would personally really like to this, the very least being that it would open up an alternative to BE.

    Here is the source for you guys. The interview question is at the bottom.

    http://www.wowhead.com/news=275765/m...binations-raci
    Void elves make sense actually, despite initially thinking nightborne made more sense because there are already nightborne fel using, glaive wielding warriors in the nighthold/suramar. Void elves and their whole transformation happens pretty much around now in the current timeline, so its entirely possible a demon hunter was trained by illidan and then also gave into the void. The most edgy ever class-race combination. Nightborne are harder to say, as the player character nightborne is made after the events of suramar, so for demon hunters specifically they would need a separate explanation. As someone else said here, maybe something to do with Kayn (as he is their blood elf ally) going through all that training with them, possibly in just a few short quests in their starting experience or something. The weirder thing to me is monks... if monks are possible im definite that demon hunters are.

  11. #51
    Immortal Saverem's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Old New New York
    Posts
    7,536
    The technology is there to make both VELFs and Nightborn DHs since they use the skeletal framework from the BELF and NELF.

    However, lorewise, it'll be VERY hard to make any new races DHs. DHs were made by Illidan thousands of years ago and they aren't made any more.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Resentless View Post
    Void elves make sense actually, despite initially thinking nightborne made more sense because there are already nightborne fel using, glaive wielding warriors in the nighthold/suramar. Void elves and their whole transformation happens pretty much around now in the current timeline, so its entirely possible a demon hunter was trained by illidan and then also gave into the void. The most edgy ever class-race combination. Nightborne are harder to say, as the player character nightborne is made after the events of suramar, so for demon hunters specifically they would need a separate explanation. As someone else said here, maybe something to do with Kayn (as he is their blood elf ally) going through all that training with them, possibly in just a few short quests in their starting experience or something. The weirder thing to me is monks... if monks are possible im definite that demon hunters are.
    The best lore reason I can think of for Nightborne DH would be that the Illidari were willing to help repentant felborne recover by training them to resist the fel's influence. Once again, it depends on the Illidari being willing to train new recruits, and NB DH not going through the DH starting zone.
    Orloth SilverEye
    <Demon Hunter Moderator>

  13. #53
    Stood in the Fire Resentless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2016
    Location
    edgeville
    Posts
    367
    Quote Originally Posted by Orloth View Post
    The best lore reason I can think of for Nightborne DH would be that the Illidari were willing to help repentant felborne recover by training them to resist the fel's influence. Once again, it depends on the Illidari being willing to train new recruits, and NB DH not going through the DH starting zone.
    Well, I was thinking.. don't nightborne have an affinity for time magic through the nightwell? Although the nightwell is unstable and they dont need it anymore, them being able to skip the whole starting experience and just start at 100 because they "saw" what happened in the past or did it through someone elses eyes seems like a possibility. Same with Void Elves since they only appear as a race well after the events of TBC and even the beginning of legion, so maybe if you started as a void elf dh, you would see you doing the dh starting experience as a blood elf and then see a mini cutscene or something of you falling to the void. I don't know, but it all seems like its possible.

  14. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Rev21Sihx View Post
    After reading Linkedblade's reasoning in his post, I do think Void would be viable as well as Nightbourne.
    How would it be viable, considering Void Elves didn't even exist till after the fall of the Legion? No way at all Nightborne DH would exist as they were all still sheltered behind their shield.

  15. #55
    People that are commenting on how Nightborne are impossible to add only by leaving a comment that always ends in "but but...nightborne weren't with Illidan at the Black Temple and before to be trained..."

    Please, read the entire thread before you leave an useless comment which was already blurted by 10 other poeple.

  16. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    The technology is there to make both VELFs and Nightborn DHs since they use the skeletal framework from the BELF and NELF.

    However, lorewise, it'll be VERY hard to make any new races DHs. DHs were made by Illidan thousands of years ago and they aren't made any more.

    They ARE made now and not by Illidan, By the PC recruiting trainees and your CH doing the ritual. This has been explained, if you read the link in my post you will see that the Dev you is speaking is only concerned with the hurdle of the starting Allied race lvl.

    He said once they figure something out, they could press forward with new ideas, his example being a Dark Iron Death Knight.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Nim135 View Post
    People that are commenting on how Nightborne are impossible to add only by leaving a comment that always ends in "but but...nightborne weren't with Illidan at the Black Temple and before to be trained..."

    Please, read the entire thread before you leave an useless comment which was already blurted by 10 other poeple.

    Thank you, random logical person, for reading the entire post and my link.
    Revelation 21:6 - I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End.

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Halyon View Post
    No. Demon hunters take a long-ass time to train, and the DH's aren't training anyone currently, nor do they have plans to after the Legion is beaten, so any new race being able to be DH is not reasonable. Additionally, DH's only really happen if their immediate family and living area is FUBAR'd by Legion agents, usually while they're very young, so they feel like they have nothing else left than their need for retribution. The Nightborne aren't in such a situation.

    Some of them are being opressed by the demons, and there are children in peril, but they are either going to die, one horrible way or the other, or grow up with someone, and go with any more available profession...nevermind that they probably have a looot of apprehension to binding a demon to their soul when they've just been opressed by them...

    TL;DR: No. NO Nightborne DH. Just no.

    - - - Updated - - -



    Spell-breakers don't bind demons to themselves specifically to fight other demons, in so far as my knowledge is concerned, so how is it a type of DH and not just a specialized warrior?

    Where do you think the Order Hall forces are coming from, then? And they really don't take that long at all; Vandel became a pretty skilled demon hunter in just a few months.

  18. #58
    It's a Yes and No answer, or No and Yes rather.

    Could Nightborne be DH with the current setup? No. Start zone and current Order Hall story don't allow them.
    Could Nightborne be DH later? Yes, if the story, trainers, and starting zone get updated.
    DK's could also be opened up if they set up a new starting experience for the newer races.

    Void Elves will likely never be DH eligible unless they do some serious lore changes. Currently, Fel+Void=Boom for the Boom God. Mind you, that's Void, not Shadow. Shadow and Fel seem to mix reasonably well, so Shadow is likely an extremely watered down form of Void (suspect Light shenanigans), or is from a different source all together. Timeline for them also doesn't fit the current setup, since they would have been exiled after Kael and his group left, and either before or after BElves join the Horde (suspect after).
    There is no Peace, only Passion
    Through Passion, I gain Strength
    Through Strength, I gain Power
    Through Power, I gain Victory
    Through Victory, my chains shall be broken
    The Force shall free me

  19. #59
    There's absolutely no reason not to make it happen.
    All right, gentlemen, let's review. The year is 2017 - that's two-zero-one-seven, as in the 21st Century - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of robed sissies.

  20. #60
    I found it informative.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •