... LastLast

T20 and Aff nerfs

Agony and corruption nerfed 6%.
    UA nerfed 4%.
    t20 4p nerfed from 15 to 10% haste.

t21 4p buffed from 10 to 15%.

Overall better than expected imo.
    Start discussing.

Not really shocking. Affliction is just a really poorly designed spec. The stat scaling is insane and on top of that it's hard to balance the spec when they keep making fights with killable adds which give reap souls a 100% uptime.

So you end up with a spec that's hilariously RNG based/mediocre single target and overtuned on any fight with adds or more than 1 target. Reap souls is probably the only warlock ability more poorly thought out than life tap and I hope to god it's shown the door along with lifetap next xpac.

Deleted
    Pretty much expected, though would have been nice to see one affliction lock in world first race this expansion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dranxadin View Post
    Pretty much expected, though would have been nice to see one affliction lock in world first race this expansion.
    Are you trolling? You know google exists right? :/

OT, I expected worse too - just get 4pc and ignore the fix lol.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lulbalance View Post
    Are you trolling? You know google exists right? :/

OT, I expected worse too - just get 4pc and ignore the fix lol.
    Whats their to google, affliction has had little to no presence in the top end guilds this expansion during the progression race. That despite the fact the spec has been overpowered for most of the 2nd half the expansion. Its just affliction scaling problem, that forces them to nerf affliction every time mythic comes out, then spec sees little to no use in those next couple of weeks when all first kills happen. Then affliction gears up, goes past everyone and the cycle repeats.

fucking nerfs, when we were underperforming they took almost 2 patches to make us viable at the start, when we get a head they take a week to destroy us.

Quote Originally Posted by Dranxadin View Post
    Whats their to google, affliction has had little to no presence in the top end guilds this expansion during the progression race. That despite the fact the spec has been overpowered for most of the 2nd half the expansion. Its just affliction scaling problem, that forces them to nerf affliction every time mythic comes out, then spec sees little to no use in those next couple of weeks when all first kills happen. Then affliction gears up, goes past everyone and the cycle repeats.
    Pretty much. The spec scales retardedly well and fight design gives them basically permanent double traits. They nerf it, everyone goes back to Destro for prog since it can brutalize adds, then Aff scaling kicks back in and it's retarded again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

what really bothers me is that there is literally no reason to play Demo or Destro.

Couldn’t they just have nerfed the tier set? It sucks for non-raiders to get nerfed because raiders are awesomesauce. It just bothers me that so much of this game is based on what Method and the other small percentage of mythic players come up with. Feels bad

I wish destro didnt suck dick
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Quote Originally Posted by benjaminandjen View Post
    Couldn’t they just have nerfed the tier set? It sucks for non-raiders to get nerfed because raiders are awesomesauce. It just bothers me that so much of this game is based on what Method and the other small percentage of mythic players come up with. Feels bad
    The nerfs are not huge, we'll do sligtly less damage but we'll be fine.. hmm if you are a not a raider then why don't you just play what you like? Oo
    Last edited by toothreaper; 2017-12-05 at 05:03 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Azelas View Post
    what really bothers me is that there is literally no reason to play Demo or Destro.
    This is funny because didn't Blizzard themself said "Bring the player not the class/specc"? LUL

Deleted
    Destro doesn't suck dick. Overall Affliction will outperform Destruction because affliction got no weak fights. That's afflictions ultimate strength, they're only the best on like 1-2 fights but they are consistently top 7 on every single fight in there. Problem with destruction is that they got weak fights while their strong fights go toe to toe with Affliction or even beats them.

I'm a consistent 99/100 logger and have played with several top tier Destruction locks who beat me in dps, even on our strongest fight, Coven.

People also need to understand that the biggest reason why Affliction is so far ahead of other classes is because of their padding abilities with Absolute Corruption.
    No other class can padd on that level, basically soloing all adds during an encounter by themselves because of one single ability. This heavily skews the top 99 percentile. Just take my rank 4 log on Coven. The only reason why I got it was because we got Amanthul adds at 5% hp when the entire raid except tanks, healers and myself was dead and I could pad like a masterlord.

There's a reason why Affliction, Shadow Priests, Moonkins and Firemages consistently are on the top on logs. It's not because they perform equal to other speccs during progression. It's because they are the best classes at cheesing add fights when playing in trashcan PUG groups.

These changes are retarded. The damage simply shifts from corruption and agony to the set bonus. It also reduces nearly non existent burst even further, forcing afflicion to spread UA and seed casts in order to maximize bonus uptime. Basically - a burst damage reduction (yeah, that was the main problem for affliction, sure... /facepalm) and no changes for those that have access to set bonuses. What were these changes trying to achieve again?

Quote Originally Posted by clinophobia View Post
    This is funny because didn't Blizzard themself said "Bring the player not the class/specc"? LUL
    I think they no longer support that idea.

- - - Updated - - -

On the other hand I like that they nerfed t20, I really don't want to step a foot in ToS again.
    Edit Signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadandlivin View Post
    People also need to understand that the biggest reason why Affliction is so far ahead of other classes is because of their padding abilities with Absolute Corruption.
    It really annoys me when people ignorantly spout this. Does the ADD have to die? If yes, then it's not padding. It's only padding if the damage is useless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by JustaWarlock View Post
    It really annoys me when people ignorantly spout this. Does the ADD have to die? If yes, then it's not padding. It's only padding if the damage is useless.
    Anytime you specc to do additional 'dps' that's not needed it's padding. If you have classes who're handeling add damage and you specc away from single target damage just to do 'uncessary' damage for the sake of numbers that's padding, even if it's effective dps. I'd guess that you don't care about the difference between 'DPS' and boss damage.

Anyways, you missunderstood what I meant. First of all, the example I gave was the definition of unecessary damage. The only reason I managed to harness that log was because there were 5 Amanthul adds up, (you know, those who heal themselves to 100% every 20 second) which I could freely dot while soloing the boss at 5% execute alone. This is the definition of padding.

If you create a raid group where you have Warlocks, as an example, soloing the adds on High command with Absolute corruption + Slow ring prohibiting anyone to touch the adds just for the sake of parsing. That'll show you what I mean by Warlocks being the best class in the game at cheesing. If you check top logs for any add fight you'll see the reason why locks dominate the logs. Because they're overpowered at cheese strats due to Absolute Corruption. Doing these strats where one single warlock single handedly carries the add damage gives a skewed picture of Afflictions actual performance.

Much softer Affy nerfs than I expected and glad they nerfed T20. Any Affy player who doesn't think it needed nerfs may need to look at their own performance a little more. One spec should not be so good across so many different fights and yes I do main Affy.

Quote Originally Posted by Deadandlivin View Post
    Anytime you specc to do additional 'dps' that's not needed it's padding. If you have classes who're handeling add damage and you specc away from single target damage just to do 'uncessary' damage for the sake of numbers that's padding, even if it's effective dps. I'd guess that you don't care about the difference between 'DPS' and boss damage.
    Affliction is great at spread add damage. Why does it have to be "other classes" always handling it? What makes it so offensive for affliction to play to it's strength? Why shouldn't other classes(or destro locks) with far better ST burst dps worry about bursting single adds?

Even on the Amun'thul adds, why wouldn't you throw out some dots while moving/switching to the focus target to fish for extra shard procs etc?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spikeyshadow View Post
    Much softer Affy nerfs than I expected and glad they nerfed T20. Any Affy player who doesn't think it needed nerfs may need to look at their own performance a little more. One spec should not be so good across so many different fights and yes I do main Affy.
    Why not? It's happened to plenty of other classes for far longer periods. I agree things need to try and be balanced, but they never manage it - why is it always so offensive if it's a warlock? There's never the outrage when it's other classes than there is when it's a lock. Why is it acceptable to spend months into the expansion brokenly bad beyond reason?

Quote Originally Posted by JustaWarlock View Post
    Why not? It's happened to plenty of other classes for far longer periods. I agree things need to try and be balanced, but they never manage it - why is it always so offensive if it's a warlock? There's never the outrage when it's other classes than there is when it's a lock. Why is it acceptable to spend months into the expansion brokenly bad beyond reason?
    I would say the same about any class/spec that was OP however personally it bothers me more when it's lock as the reason to multispec gets reduced. Though this Affy nerf seems to be about 6% ST for me so Demo will be even relatively stronger on certain fights. Still waiting for a reason to play Destro but I haven't even looked at mythic changes yet so perhaps there is something there.

Affy has been strong/OP since mid NH though yes Blizzard refuse or seem unable to bring us back in line. Of course it's not easy to balance being both a dotter and having all the on death effects.

I guess I would like to do well on a fight because I play well not because my class is so much stronger than others on it. However, with the higher RNG specs the reason I am on top or top or lower down seems to be actually more down to luck rather than skill most of the time so the former is not really relevant.