Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Consistant CoF changes, but no Arcanocrystal changes?

In the past they defending keeping arcano the way it is by saying they didn't want to changes items after players have farmed for them. However, with a second change to CoF, they seem to have broken that rule. After changing CoF, is there any way they can justify not changing arcanocrystal?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tier539 View Post
    In the past they defending keeping arcano the way it is by saying they didn't want to changes items after players have farmed for them. However, with a second change to CoF, they seem to have broken that rule. After changing CoF, is there any way they can justify not changing arcanocrystal?
    You can reliably farm for CoF, but you can't reliably farm for an arcano. And the Blizzard's explanation makes sense regarding the second CoF nerf: "For some specializations, the cooldown reduction effect is so powerful that the item level of the trinket is all but irrelevant.". That's not the case if you have a 860 arcano.

I have a 910 of both so I'm okay with them being strong.

CoF is a multiplier that would have continued to be used indefinitely over much higher ilvl trinkets had it not been nerfed. Arcano is straight stats, and while it's still strong, it doesn't multiply the other Antorus upgrades you will get. That's the reason, IMO, that the one was nerfed and the other left alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Yindoo View Post
    There are many specs who take n 860 arcano over 930 other trinkets. So their reasoning is bullshit.
    That was total bullshit for M ToS trinkets to be worse than non-great TF arcano's ... but do you believe that is the case going forward? I know for my spec there are a few Ant trinks that are a huge upgrade over the ToS stuff, plus another 30 ilvl, but I don't know about other classes and specs.

Against a 860 arcano? no. But you can get a 910 now via the vendor if lucky and the legendary one from argus. It just should have been nerfed to the ground after EN & the same goes with CoF after ToS.
    I am guessing it is a hunter player

Both of the first two kills for M Coven had eight DoT classes, and between those 16 people 3 were using 865 arcanos, and 3 weren't wearing an arcanocrystal at all.

I think we can all agree that based on that, CoF could use another nerf and Arcano could possibly use a buff.

It baffles me that Bloodthirsty Instinct hasn't been touched either. Even a 910 BTI is still better than almost every other trinket in the game for BM hunters...

It's comical how Watcher said he didn't want people going back to old content to farm legendaries but they have absolutely no issue with people having to go back to old content to farm trinkets because they fucking suck at item design.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    It's comical how Watcher said he didn't want people going back to old content to farm legendaries but they have absolutely no issue with people having to go back to old content to farm trinkets because they fucking suck at item design.
    this x1000000

There are many specs who take n 860 arcano over 930 other trinkets. So their reasoning is bullshit.
    860? No. Very few would take an 860 over a 930 trinket.

That's missing the point anyway. The problem with CoF is that iLvl has pretty much no effect whatsoever on its value. Nobody would take a level 1 arcanocrystal, but a level 1 CoF would be almost identical in value to a 900 one. Without changes, it would stay one of the best trinkets for applicable specs until the WoW servers shut down. Unforged Arcanos are already having trouble competing with Antorus trinkets, and even a "perfect" one will be irrelevant come BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazuchika View Post
    This has only been a problem in Legion. Primary stats being the worst stat for many classes is part of this problem. I don't know what happened during the development of Legion, but secondaries should not be scaling in this obscene level.

Quote Originally Posted by Trend View Post
    CoF is a multiplier that would have continued to be used indefinitely over much higher ilvl trinkets had it not been nerfed. Arcano is straight stats, and while it's still strong, it doesn't multiply the other Antorus upgrades you will get. That's the reason, IMO, that the one was nerfed and the other left alone.
    Our Spriest main raider close to 960 ilvl had a 945 Pantheon Trinket and his 860 Arcano sims higher than it.....

ITS STILL A PROBLEM

Quote Originally Posted by Moshots View Post
    Our Spriest main raider close to 960 ilvl had a 945 Pantheon Trinket and his 860 Arcano sims higher than it.....

ITS STILL A PROBLEM
    For how many specs is it this way? just spriest? come on now. use some real info to go off. not your experiences only pls.

Quote Originally Posted by kbtdadap View Post
    For how many specs is it this way? just spriest? come on now. use some real info to go off. not your experiences only pls.
    I mean just look at Limit Method, exorsus kills on coven. Classes that THEY have that USES arcano are the following.
    Hunters
    Priests
    Druids
    Warlocks

Now going out from warcraft logs to find other classes.

Ench shamans are using it
    Frost mage seems to.

So ye, the trinket is a problem, and fun fact, for many of the arcano users. the lego trinket + arcano is bis.
    These day's Im washed, playing VRchat instead.

If you think Arcanos are just a spriest problem you're fucking clueless.

Titanforging of old world boss and raid content fucking sucks. It is one of the worse things they added to the game in a long time. I dont mind the WF TF mechanic in the current tier cause it adds some flavor to farm. But relying solely on RNG is just trash. I hope they remove this bullshit portion of the game in the next xpac.

Deleted
    I got a 910 Arcanocrystal from Argus vendor months ago and I haven't been able to change it with anything so far. No matter how many simulations I run, for any spec (frost/blood/unholy) Arcanocrystal simply beats any other trinkets I have, including my 945 Khaz'Goroth Courage.

This trinket is indeed a problem.

it sims better so youre forced to use it? you can use whatever the heck you want. ITS YOURSELF thats FORCING you to use it. your ego wont let you use something else. Get a grip and stop crying on the forums over choices you make yourself. like are you even for real ppl?

TD"LR; MY EGO WONT LET ME EQUIP A LESSER ITEM that sims slightly lower, SO I Want all ITEMS MADE THE SAME!! Nothing to see here, more entitled crybabies that need to vent because their ego cant handle not being "super uber leet pro gamer king that sits highly above the peons!!"

it sims better so youre forced to use it? you can use whatever the heck you want. ITS YOURSELF thats FORCING you to use it. your ego wont let you use something else. Get a grip and stop crying on the forums over choices you make yourself. like are you even for real ppl?

TD"LR; MY EGO WONT LET ME EQUIP A LESSER ITEM that sims slightly lower, SO I Want all ITEMS MADE THE SAME!! Nothing to see here, more entitled crybabies that need to vent because their ego cant handle not being "super uber leet pro gamer king that sits highly above the peons!!"
    You're right, it's ego preventing me from equipping items that make me perform worse.

How could I have been so blind.