The site is currently in read-only mode.

The site is currently in read-only mode
Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Because the term 'bigot' has officially lost its oomph, so they gotta come up with a new buzzword that they can use to yell at anyone they disagree with.
    “Humanism means that the man is the measure of all things...But it is not only that man must start from himself in the area of knowledge and learning, but any value system must come arbitrarily from man himself by arbitrary choice.” - Francis A. Schaeffer

I find it funny that the apparent Nazis are the ones backing Israel.
    Are you so eager to get rekt? Look then upon the countless faces of your triggered.

Rise up, Dank Meme Horde! Bring you memechief their heads.

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    How organized and structured it was makes it easy to conceptualize. Not intending to diminish one or the other, but 'rounded up like cattle and marched into gas chambers' along with photographic evidence of the facilities and mass graves sticks in the brain differently than the much broader 'leading to mass starvation'. Then there's also that Western allies liberated Nazi concentration camps, so they were much more immediate and tangible, while Stalin's gulags were located in Remoteasfuckograd Siberia and just kind of a vague thing you heard about but never saw.
    Oh definitely, it's a rather inconvenient historical sleight of hand. Guess that's just how these things go.
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Quote Originally Posted by GreenGoldSharpie View Post
    And yet he presupposed the voting patterns of an entire group of people as wrong as if they're incapable of making their own decisions. That's what happens when you talk about large groups of people.

Negative.

You said, and I quote, "You're fine with white nationalism from a philosophical standpoint, you just identify with a differnt tribe."

You stated I'm fine with white nationalism "from a philosophical point." I most certainly am not.
    You know, I said it as a jab earlier, but you're turning my comments about your reading comprehension into a tragic reality.

Next thread topic: Why is everyone obsessed with how many people are obsessed about Nazis?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arikan View Post
    How organized and structured it was makes it easy to conceptualize. Not intending to diminish one or the other, but 'rounded up like cattle and marched into gas chambers' along with photographic evidence of the facilities and mass graves sticks in the brain differently than the much broader 'leading to mass starvation'. Then there's also that Western allies liberated Nazi concentration camps, so they were much more immediate and tangible, while Stalin's gulags were located in Remoteasfuckograd Siberia and just kind of a vague thing you heard about but never saw.
    It's the same thing as Hiroshima/Nagasaki.

People talk about how horrible it was that the US nuked those cities, while ignoring that every participant in that war was killing huge numbers of civilians regularly.

The US firebombed Tokyo in 1945, and according to Wikipedia: "16 square miles (41 km2) of central Tokyo were annihilated, over 1 million were made homeless with an estimated 100,000 civilian deaths."

And the Allies were the less brutal of the combatants. Japan had a unit that was amputating limbs and reattaching them to other parts of the body, and allegedly killed 500,000 using biological agents. "R. J. Rummel, a professor of political science at the University of Hawaii, estimates that between 1937 and 1945, the Japanese military murdered from nearly 3 to over 10 million people, most likely 6 million Chinese, Koreans, Malaysians, Indonesians, Filipinos and Indochinese, among others, including Western prisoners of war."

Yet you still hear debate after debate about the US dropping nukes, because everyone has completely lost context of what the situation was at the time and is applying today's standards to the past.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    You know, I said it as a jab earlier, but you're turning my comments about your reading comprehension into a tragic reality.
    Just about everything you said here was a jab, and you have a lot of trouble walking away when you said you were going to. That's why I keep poking you.

But, really, how am I pushing for a national homeland based on certain traits for anyone? Sounds boring.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Next thread topic: Why is everyone obsessed with how many people are obsessed about Nazis?

- - - Updated - - -

It's the same thing as Hiroshima/Nagasaki.

People talk about how horrible it was that the US nuked those cities, while ignoring that every participant in that war was killing huge numbers of civilians regularly.

The US firebombed Tokyo in 1945, and according to Wikipedia: "16 square miles (41 km2) of central Tokyo were annihilated, over 1 million were made homeless with an estimated 100,000 civilian deaths."

And the Allies were the less brutal of the combatants. Japan had a unit that was amputating limbs and reattaching them to other parts of the body, and allegedly killed 500,000 using biological agents. "R. J. Rummel, a professor of political science at the University of Hawaii, estimates that between 1937 and 1945, the Japanese military murdered from nearly 3 to over 10 million people, most likely 6 million Chinese, Koreans, Malaysians, Indonesians, Filipinos and Indochinese, among others, including Western prisoners of war."

Yet you still hear debate after debate about the US dropping nukes, because everyone has completely lost context of what the situation was at the time and is applying today's standards to the past.
    I was actually talking about that very thing in a different thread earlier today, how focusing on the nuclear strikes to the exclusion of all else is disingenuous and any real discussion should be about the practice of targeting cities in general and the wholesale destruction of civilian lives and property. People like to forget the novelty of nuclear weapons at the time, when the horrific after-effects were largely unknown, was that you could decimate a city with one plane and one bomb instead of hundreds of planes and thousands of bombs. The devastation and loss of life themselves were less the focus, as civilians perishing by the thousands in aerial bombardment had been happening for six years by that point. It was how, not what, that was notable.

Facts I've been told: Horde will never have paladins/Alliance will never have shaman, goblins/worgen/pandaren will never be playable races, demon hunters will never be a playable class, Blizzard will never sell in-game items for real world money, Blizzard will never have classic servers, the max level cap can't go past 100

There are good people and people who backstab them. Ironically it all gathers within "national states". They are a process. And we harvest them.
    Love Incinerate