Thread: [TV] Titans

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Midnight Bomber View Post
    "White-ish"?

Since when is Orange a "white-ish" colour?
    Probably thinking of JerseyShore whorange/ spray tan...

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Immitis View Post
    From the very beginning we've known Greg berlanti was helming this series so it was always likely. Now that it's filming in Canada it's just a question of whether or not this show has staying power past 1 season.
    It's filming in Toronto, the CW's are in Vancouver. That's much further than Supergirl's LA.

Plus Warner Bros owns the cw. So unlike when Supergirl was on NBC there's nothing holding them back from including titans or any deals that need to be worked out.
    Well, half of CW, the other half being CBS, which is what Supergirl was originally on.

- - - Updated - - -

also whats wrong with ravens actress? the fact shes only 13?

give her eyeshadow and black hair. she looks fine as raven
    The initial picture was quite different, so probably just that.
    "I only feel two things Gary, nothing, and nothingness."

A tie in episode maybe...like the Supergirl/Flash crossover on the first season of Supergirl when SG was still on CBS...but probably nothing sustained with people crossing over from one show to the other on a regular basis.
    the thing is supergirl filmed in la during its first season and supergirl was being produced by cbs and not warner bros wholesale. but even with the other 3 arrowverse shows taking place in the same universe they dont crossover all that much aside from the occasional cameo if someones skills are needed outside of the yearly crossover. everytime supergirl wouldve wanted to do a crossover they'd have to fly people out to a different country.

either way im not expecting there to be a major crossover regardless. if it does well though i could see the titans helping out in the big crossover in 2019 if it gets a season 2. whether its in the same universe or not.

most of the arrowverse actors signed new contracts this year so that they could have appearances in the other show (if needed) without having to write up a whole separate thing for every appearance (thats why last year characters like wild dog and mr terrific didnt show up aside from the arrow episode)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    It's filming in Toronto, the CW's are in Vancouver. That's much further than Supergirl's LA.
    its less about the actual distance and more about the laws and contracts being different for each country. there was alot of legal and contractual obligations they had to work out before gustin could show up on supergirl
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Are they going to colour Starfire orange through makeup or just cgi?

Plus Warner Bros owns the cw. So unlike when Supergirl was on NBC there's nothing holding them back from including titans or any deals that need to be worked out.
    Supergirl wasn't on NBC...it was on CBS...The CW is co-owned by CBS and WB.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Supergirl wasn't on NBC...it was on CBS...The CW is co-owned by CBS and WB.
    i get the two mixed up. i meant to put cbs sorry.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jotaux View Post
    Are they going to colour Starfire orange through makeup or just cgi?
    both /10char
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

i get the two mixed up. i meant to put cbs sorry.
    Regardless...the situation with Supergirl/Flash is the same situation with Arrowverse/Titans. Moving characters between affiliated networks.
    “The biggest communication problem is we do not listen to understand. We listen to reply,” Stephen Covey.

Regardless...the situation with Supergirl/Flash is the same situation with Arrowverse/Titans. Moving characters between affiliated networks.
    theres less work that needs to make this one happen though.

one thing that could make it difficult though is cw's deal with netflix. im not sure how that would impact it. they have a riverdale spin off for sabrina the teenage witch that just got moved to netflix instead of cw (although i feel like that has more to do with not having to be beholden to the tv ratings system since sabrina is going to be a very dark and graphic show and they have more creative freedom on netflix)

theres less work that needs to make this one happen though.

one thing that could make it difficult though is cw's deal with netflix. im not sure how that would impact it. they have a riverdale spin off for sabrina the teenage witch that just got moved to netflix instead of cw (although i feel like that has more to do with not having to be beholden to the tv ratings system since sabrina is going to be a very dark and graphic show and they have more creative freedom on netflix)
    I would say there's more work to make it happen instead of less. You mentioned CW's deal with Netflix. That's one potential complication.

The other is that the DC streaming Service will also be on a subscription model. Meaning in order to watch 1 part of that 5 part cross-over...people will need to sign up. That won't go over very well.

I would say there's more work to make it happen instead of less. You mentioned CW's deal with Netflix. That's one potential complication.

The other is that the DC streaming Service will also be on a subscription model. Meaning in order to watch 1 part of that 5 part cross-over...people will need to sign up. That won't go over very well.
    i dont think they would make a whole episode of titans for the crossover, but i could definitely see them showing up.

i imagine any crossovers between titans and any arrowverse shows will be similar to how vixen crossed over onto arrow. the characters would show up and thats it it wouldnt majorly impact either show aside from cross promotion and brand synergy.

we also dont know what the rollout of episodes for dc is. whether it will be binge released or weekly, nor do we know what will actually be on the platform aside from the 3 already announced original shows.

the good thing about titans is that the teen titans are already a household name.

nobody needs an explanation on who robin is and theyve already mentioned bruce wayne, gotham, and bludhaven on arrow. theyve been wanting batman to show up on arrow for awhile now and with johns in charge theyve started dropping overt and explicit references to batman now so i wouldnt be surprised if they used the titans as a way of doing that.

could you imagine how high the crossovers ratings would be in 2019 if they announced batman and robin were going to be in it? I can imagine the dialog now between oliver and dick "I dont need advice on how to do my job by boy wonder"

could you imagine how high the crossovers ratings would be in 2019 if they announced batman and robin were going to be in it? I can imagine the dialog now between oliver and dick "I dont need advice on how to do my job by boy wonder"
    Having Batman and Robin on Arrow doesn't need to have anything to do with The Titans though. It would just be the Arrowverse versions of those characters.

Having Batman and Robin on Arrow doesn't need to have anything to do with The Titans though. It would just be the Arrowverse versions of those characters.
    why make up entirely different versions of batman and robin/nightwing when the same person who makes all 4 of the arrowverse shows is making another show that has them on it?

why make up entirely different versions of batman and robin/nightwing when the same person who makes all 4 of the arrowverse shows is making another show that has them on it?
    Besides the complications already mentioned regarding moving the characters from a cable network to a streaming service and vice-versa that have already been mentioned?

How about if the use their own Batman/Robin characters they can have them show up as often as they like and actually have meaningful consequences from those appearances rather than having them cross-over, team up, and never be mentioned again.

How about the fact that the whole reason Dick was with the Titans was to get out of Batman's shadow? Better to have a Batman and Robin that are still actually partners show up together rather than have Dick just fall back into the sidekick role after finally striking out on his own. Has a bit of a "moving back in with your Parents" vibe.

Besides the complications already mentioned regarding moving the characters from a cable network to a streaming service and vice-versa that have already been mentioned?

How about if the use their own Batman/Robin characters they can have them show up as often as they like and actually have meaningful consequences from those appearances rather than having them cross-over, team up, and never be mentioned again.

How about the fact that the whole reason Dick was with the Titans was to get out of Batman's shadow? Better to have a Batman and Robin that are still actually partners show up together rather than have Dick just fall back into the sidekick role after finally striking out on his own. Has a bit of a "moving back in with your Parents" vibe.
    theres a difference between moving back in with your parents and needing to help them when theyre in a crisis.

dick and batman working together again is similar to spider-man rejecting the offer to join the avengers only to become a member in infinity war. it has nothing to do with their prior personal choices and everything to do with the world needing them to pitch in because thats what heroes do.

theres a difference between moving back in with your parents and needing to help them when theyre in a crisis.

dick and batman working together again is similar to spider-man rejecting the offer to join the avengers only to become a member in infinity war. it has nothing to do with their prior personal choices and everything to do with the world needing them to pitch in because thats what heroes do.
    Not the same at all...at the end of Homecoming Peter's come to terms with the fact that he's still a kid and isn't quite ready for the big show yet. Dick's whole thing is the opposite. He feels that Batman is holding him back and wants to be his own man. To have him almost immediately go back to "hey Dad, I need your help" when he's got a team of his own seems like a step back.

On the other side a teamup where Bruce and Dick are still partners and Dick gets the chance to see what a Team can do together...that's a little more interesting to me.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2017-12-03 at 03:19 AM.

Not the same at all...at the end of Homecoming Peter's come to terms with the fact that he's still a kid and isn't quite ready for the big show yet. Dick's whole thing is the opposite. He feels that Batman is holding him back and wants to be his own man. To have him almost immediately go back to "hey Dad, I need your help" when he's got a team of his own seems like a step back.
    its both young heroes taking on responsibility they didnt have to not because they want to but because the world needs them to.

dick calling in bruce for help with a major threat makes sense, their relationship is tense and strained but bruce is essentially dicks dad, he was the one who convinced bruce someone else needed to be robin because he needed one, dick has always shown up when bruce truly needed him and vice versa even becoming batman and raising his son when bruce was mia, even in the batman beyond canon where their relationship is the most strained dick STILL comes to bruce and terrys aid when they really need him.

dick wouldnt like calling in bruce to help them out. that doesnt mean he wouldnt.

if a threat like darkseid or anti monitor show up it would make dick look like an idiot if he didnt call in bruce.

dick wouldnt like calling in bruce to help them out. that doesnt mean he wouldnt.

if a threat like darkseid or anti monitor show up it would make dick look like an idiot if he didnt call in bruce.
    If a threat like Darkseid or Anti-Monitor showed up it would make dick look like an idiot if he didn't call Superman (Even Bruce would say "have you called Superman?"). But this is a team up with the Arrowverse...which means if he needs a Kryptonian...he's already got a couple on the list as well as the Flash.
    Last edited by Evil Midnight Bomber; 2017-12-03 at 03:50 AM.

If a threat like Darkseid or Anti-Monitor showed up it would make dick look like an idiot if he didn't call Superman (Even Bruce would say "have you called Superman?"). But this is a team up with the Arrowverse...which means if he needs a Kryptonian...he's already got a couple on the list as well as the Flash.
    well no duh they'd call superman.

thats like saying "why does barry ask oliver for advice when supergirl can lift a plane" might as well have everyone on arrow skip the crossovers in the first place since they have barry and kara

it has nothing to do with my point at all. people have more qualities than punching things real hard and bruce while a huge jerk and douchebag is still one of the greatest strategists and leaders in the dc universe.

We can't have a white girl cyborg without people losing their mind - but a black alien gal is a-okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    We can't have a white girl cyborg without people losing their mind - but a black alien gal is a-okay.
    im not sure what it is you're talking about. theres never been a white girl cyborg as far as i know. a black girl with orange skin and green glowing eyes, yes, is a okay.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkeon View Post
    A Black Girl playing an Orange Alien as opposed to a White Girl playing a Japanese girl.

- - - Updated - - -

im not sure what it is you're talking about. theres never been a white girl cyborg as far as i know. a black girl with orange skin and green glowing eyes, yes, is a okay.
    I believe he is referring to Ghost in the Machine.