Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrux View Post
    They need to be at least on par with Draenei/Tauren as per this chart, the biggest fail would be matching them to hunched Darkspear Trolls because in their idle animations the male Darkspears actually stand up straight every now and then which would instantly dwarf the Zandalari who stand up straight naturally.

this is very inaccurate tough

try this

Quote Originally Posted by Xtech View Post
    I don't recall Troll fanbois begging for Tauren sized Trolls, but up-right trolls only, you got what you wished for, and Orc's are still shorter then the rest.
    We are getting the upright Orcs in BFA too which was stated multiple times.

They need to be towering, that's for damned sure.

Probably will be in the end, those NPCs seen during the playable demo were likely placeholders.

Quote Originally Posted by The Anax View Post
    As already mentioned, the actual canon lore released by Blizzard in their novels repeatedly talks about their height. They average taller than tauren.
    I'm pretty sure Zandalari trolls and tauren are both around 10' in lore. I find that sort of amusing as that technically makes both canonically taller than ogres.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Xtech View Post
    I don't recall Troll fanbois begging for Tauren sized Trolls, but up-right trolls only, you got what you wished for, and Orc's are still shorter then the rest.
    Zandalari trolls are 10' in lore.

7+ Year Old Account
    I was wondering about their height, so I took a trip to Aszuna, where some Zandalari prisoners are hanging around.
    They are taller than a Night Elf at least
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

Quote Originally Posted by Syegfryed View Post
    this is very inaccurate tough

try this

I'm sorry to break it to you, but that one's inaccurate as well.

This is the most accurate one to date (The one to the right) These are their in-game heights, which are actually accurate for playable races, believe it or not. Why else would male humans be 6'. When it comes to in-game heights, the most reliable ones are of course playable races, with non-playable being scaled all over the place so this does not adhere to them.

With the exception for tauren due to their 10' in lore height. Most of these are more accurate than others, due to heights on most race pages coming from BradyGames, which is a company not affiliated with Blizzard, they had the right to publish guides but in those guides, they also made up their own headcanon, including heights.

Said heights also varied from each guide, with blood elf males going from below 6' to 6' to 7' at one point. And male tauren starting out around 6'6" then stopped at 8'. Almost less consistent than WoW lore. xd

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Maljinwo View Post
    I was wondering about their height, so I took a trip to Aszuna, where some Zandalari prisoners are hanging around.
    They are taller than a Night Elf at least
    In-game models for non-playable races are inconsistent and not very reliable. Vol'jin: Shadows of the Horde have references hinting towards 10'+ on average. Standing at least a head taller than an upright jungle troll, with even the shortest of Zandalari being taller than your average, upright jungle troll.

Male, upright jungle trolls are around 8'4" on average, "at least a head" taller than that makes a Zandalari ~10' or more.

I've documented most of the lore about troll subspecies' height: here.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by War-God Zajru View Post
    I'm sorry to break it to you, but that one's inaccurate as well.

This is the most accurate one to date (The one to the right)[/URL].
    the image i link was made canon by the devs on twiter

and if you actually see the numbes on the image,... you can see thy match with the numbers of the gamepedia, so, its it not inaccurate

7+ Year Old Account
    In-game models for non-playable races are inconsistent and not very reliable. Vol'jin: Shadows of the Horde have references hinting towards 10'+ on average. Standing at least a head taller than an upright jungle troll, with even the shortest of Zandalari being taller than your average, upright jungle troll.

Male, upright jungle trolls are around 8'4" on average, "at least a head" taller than that makes a Zandalari ~10' or more.

I've documented most of the lore about troll subspecies' height: here.
    ]

Oh sure, I know that. But Since that's the current in-game model, I just wanted to check thhose out
    This world don't give us nothing. It be our lot to suffer... and our duty to fight back.

the image i link was made canon by the devs on twiter

and if you actually see the numbes on the image,... you can see thy match with the numbers of the gamepedia, so, its it not inaccurate
    I doubt they did, because in that case they're making estimations based on the RPG canon, which they'd never do lmao. Plus, I doubt something a dev just says on Twitter is instantaneously made canon, so no, it's not canon.

The heights don't match, no. The image is off by several inches in many/most cases. Nor does it state the full height of undead (male & female)/orcs/trolls/tauren/worgen. Nor do they use the most optimal poses/animations for measuring those six at their full height.

So no, it's faaar from canon.

7+ Year Old Account
    I doubt they did, because in that case they're making estimations based on the RPG canon, which they'd never do lmao. Plus, I doubt something a dev just says on Twitter is instantaneously made canon, so no, it's not canon.
    ~

they did actually, its not absurd they make some things from the RPG canon, already happened before, but i can't find the twitter about

The heights don't match, no. The image is off by several inches in many/most cases. Nor does it state the full height of undead (male & female)/orcs/trolls/tauren/worgen. Nor do they use the most optimal poses/animations for measuring those six at their full height.

So no, it's faaar from canon.
    how so? what is wrong? the hunched pose is over there so you can make the comparison, like saying normal trolls had 7 average and upright they reach 8 average, just like in the gamepedia link, most of things "wrong" are just minor, like 6.6 to 7
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2018-01-12 at 08:10 PM.

~

they did actually, its not absurd they make some things from the RPG canon, already happened before, but i can't find the twitter about

how so? what is wrong? the hunched pose is over there so you can make the comparison, like saying normal trolls had 7 average and upright they reach 8 average, just like in the gamepedia link, most of things "wrong" are just minor, like 6.6 to 7
    Yes, they make some RPG aspects canon, like a loa here or there and some minor stuff. Not some random, inaccurate height estimations that are clearly "measured" extremely poorly.

Because there are better poses for those races' tallest point. For example the T-Pose. Rather than a /roar emote where half the body is leaning to one side. And trust me, 6'6" compared to 7' is is a substantial difference, not minor. Don't underestimate the length of an inch, especially several inches.

So no, that image is not canon and it never will be. Not even if a developer says a word about it on Twitter. They'd have to make it canon through a book or through their own website or platform for it to count. The only chance it has to become canon through Twitter is if the actual lore writers say it is, which has not happened.

Well i want to be able to walk through doors

10+ Year Old Account
    Not all trolls are the same size, Darkspears are probably some of the more taller trolls. Are Amani not shorter than Darkspear too? I am pretty sure I saw that mentioned somewhere... someone might need to correct me.

Of course this could just be a beta thing and things could change later.
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    Not all trolls are the same size, Darkspears are probably some of the more taller trolls. Are Amani not shorter than Darkspear too? I am pretty sure I saw that mentioned somewhere... someone might need to correct me.

Jungle trolls are actually shorter than Zandalari. A male jungle troll (fully upright) is 8'.

Zandalari are 10' (around the same height as a tauren), Drakkari are a few inches taller and the tallest—dark trolls—are/were 13'.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post

Darkspear trolls, being of the Jungle subtype, are shorter than Zandalari and Drakkari. I'm not sure about the Amani though

Youre getting human shaped orcs and human shaped trolls, and two new druid races on top of Highmountain and Suramar. Horde cant have everything now.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Youre getting human shaped orcs and human shaped trolls, and two new druid races on top of Highmountain and Suramar. Horde cant have everything now.
    what? is a valid comment about make then taller because they are taller, supported by lore and ingame.

and we are not getting human shaped orcs, we are getting normal orcs now

Deleted
    Good thing the pathetic opinions of some alliance players, full of envy, resentment and outright hate for the Horde are no valid argument in relation to anything concerning the Horde.

Just bumping this to let everyone know even in the beta build- our Zandas are still tiny compared to other trolls!

https://i.imgur.com/ZuU1sbm.jpg

Fully support you in this, I did my own bit of Twitter "harassing" the devs, though I don't expect a reply.

To everyone complaining that the OP is taking note and giving feedback this early on a "work in progress", I'd point out that Rams and me spent a considerable amount of time detailing/documenting flaws and forwarding feedback about the currently playable Troll models, particularly that of the male one well before the models were put into the game proper. Most of these complaints have as of yet not been addressed, and the few major ones that were addressed were implemented literal years after the model's in-game debut. (Fixing the braid that wasn't animated)

Considering that precedent the OP is completely in the right to be on the ball this early... That said, I'm not very optimistic, I wouldn't at all put it past Blizzard to screw this up and neglect addressing this complaint, or at least that it might take a long while if they do.

Wish you all the best of luck in getting this through to them however.
    Last edited by Oggudrai; 2018-01-30 at 01:04 PM.